We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Things I have learnt about Confusa and Rue Extractions.. Options

Earthwalker
#21 Posted : 2/25/2014 3:58:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dmt_spider wrote:
To be honest I'm still experimenting. I have used mainly Diggers and that has worked great. I used Zippo premium which was much more expensive and didn't seem to do any better than Diggers, in fact it seemed to pull more bright yellow plant fats.

Haven't tried KCB, it's on my list to try down the track, and I have a bottle of Hateleys but haven't tried that either. On one extraction recently I used Sceneys after I did a couple of pulls with Diggers and it seemed to pull very well indeed, so I am interested in using it straight up and seeing the difference between that and Diggers. I think the reason it pulled nicely was because it has a small amount of toluene in it which the Diggers does not.

Yes I agree the zippo almost came out of the soup fluro yellow !

But I also read that toluene can't be preciped in the freezer so wouldn't that be counter preductive also I was in bunnings yesterday and they tried to tell me demineralized water is the same as distilled but i think it's really deionized !

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DreaMTripper
#22 Posted : 2/25/2014 4:16:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Does a sodium carbonate wash get rid of the yellow?

dmt_spider
#23 Posted : 2/25/2014 4:22:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earthwalker wrote:

But I also read that toluene can't be preciped in the freezer so wouldn't that be counter preductive also I was in bunnings yesterday and they tried to tell me demineralized water is the same as distilled but i think it's really deionized !

Not sure about toluene although I believe you might be right. I'm only guessing that was the reason it pulled extra, but it may not be, perhaps it was just a better quality of shellite - more testing to be done there.

I think you are right, demineralized is dionized. But according to Cyb who's hybrid salt tek I use, you can use regular water.

Dreamtripper I think I have heard it mentioned that the sodium carbonate wash gets rid of the yellow, yes. But also apparently the yellow colouration doesn't actually affect the ability of the shellite to pull alkaloids.

Earthwalker
#24 Posted : 2/25/2014 4:38:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes I read that tap water is fine yet the preferred water is filtered !!

confucius
#25 Posted : 2/25/2014 5:19:42 AM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT_Spider I'm not meaning to scare folks - what I'm meaning to say is folks, if you're uing Shellite, don't use evaporation as your technique to get crystals. Shellite I've seen here is highly variable even within a 'brand name'.

I suspect with shellite some of the gunk gets stuck in the lattice and when you vape - well, it just has a different lung sucking yuck quality to it, imho. The fact is it does have benzene in it and that stuff isn't good stuff.

I like these water / fumarate based teks - it's a great big step forward. No-one here is doing this to damage our health.

To the person that PM'd me - I can't reply, but to answer your question - as I understanf it doesn't matter whether NaOH soln is hot when added to the soup, just wait for the basic soup to cool down to room temperature before adding the room temp shellite, which SWIM uses diggers.

To the mods / more experienced folks here if anyone's able to comment on swim's 'seizure' or whole of body spasm last night would be appreciated as it freaked the big guy out a little. He's on no other meds and has no history of seizures. He remained conscious throughout.

Earthwalker
#26 Posted : 2/25/2014 9:50:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Excuse me Confucius but When you put the lye into the mix do you allow to cool before hand or is it best when it's boiling hot ??

confucius
#27 Posted : 2/25/2014 10:12:49 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Gday Earthwalker -

Doesn't really matter what temp the soup or the lye is at when you mix them... Only point of caution is that if your soup is straight off the boil when you basify it, the addition of the lye may tip it back over boiling point and make the solution boil and froth over.

Just let the whole mess cool to room temp before you add the shellite - that's my method when doing any sort of a/b using plant materials that contain oils / fats and it seems to work well - those excess plant fats and oils seem to be a lot less soluble at room temp.

C

DreaMTripper
#28 Posted : 2/28/2014 1:52:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Confucious how much per pull do you get at room temp?

dmtspider did you warm the sceneys shellite?

confucius
#29 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:10:03 AM
DMT-Nexus member

From memory about 3 pulls at room temp with Shellite yields around 1/3 of the actives, two xylene pulls at room temperature yields the remainder broad spectrum.

C

ooo0ooo
#30 Posted : 2/28/2014 8:38:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Add me to the Sceney's fanclub. Warm or hot it out-pulled Diggers in head to head tests on split jars.

dmt_spider
#31 Posted : 2/28/2014 9:21:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Confucious how much per pull do you get at room temp?

dmtspider did you warm the sceneys shellite?

No, the basified soup is warm but all solvents I use are at room temperature when I add them in to do a pull.

ooo0ooo, that is interesting about Sceneys and seems to confirm what I already suspected. Did you notice it has a much more intense and harsher smell compared to the "sweeter" aroma of Diggers?

PREV12