We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
fumarate>freebase conversion question Options

Bdevall158
#1 Posted : 2/20/2014 6:34:12 AM

Mind Wanderer

question one: does acetone need to be anhydrous for the final seperation and evaporation, or can i just use regular hardware store acetone ?

question 2: Does it make a difference to use tap water compared to purified when miking fumarates and calcium hydroxide?

question 3: when filtering solids, can i filter through a coffe filter. or would that be bad?

thanks for any feedback.
love & light
LOVE & LIGHT

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

expandaneum
#2 Posted : 2/20/2014 7:00:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

q 1
pleas do some searching

q 2
depends on your drinking water if you want to be sure at least use clean bottled water. Also why would you use hydroxide?

q 3
coffee filters will do fine
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Bdevall158
#3 Posted : 2/20/2014 7:09:56 AM

Mind Wanderer

this is from the method posted by 69ron in the "dmt fumarates and beyond" thread.
my apologies for the redundant question, just everywhere i look every just writes acetone. but im just assuming since ts in the FASA section that anhydrous is most likely the way to go, or at least it wont hurt. and im only using calcium hydroxide because thats what the instructions said, and I just so happened to have some already. im new to fumarates so please have mercy on my grom chemistry, everyones gotta start somewhere
LOVE & LIGHT

endlessness
#4 Posted : 2/20/2014 9:23:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

BLAB tek has conversion instructions.. Hope that helps

wearepeople
#5 Posted : 2/20/2014 3:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a whole bunch of conversion TEKs:

https://wiki.dmt-nexus.me/Category:Conversion_Tek
+ ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- DMT Nexus Research ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- + ---- +

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 2/20/2014 11:40:23 PM

Homo discens

Bdevall158 wrote:
question one: does acetone need to be anhydrous for the final seperation and evaporation, or can i just use regular hardware store acetone ?

Anhydrous acetone certainly doesn't hurt. I'm not sure if the very small percentage of water in hardware store acetone would make any huge difference, but it might leave a small amount of contamination in the final product.

Bdevall158 wrote:
question 2: Does it make a difference to use tap water compared to purified when miking fumarates and calcium hydroxide?

I always use distilled water for purity and pH's sake. Tap water may leave some minerals in your final product depending on the additives in your local tap water (if any), but obviously nothing that you don't already ingest every time you drink a glass of water! Razz

Bdevall158 wrote:
question 3: when filtering solids, can i filter through a coffe filter. or would that be bad?

You might lose some product by doing this, but probably not a significant amount. Plus anything that remains in the filter can be retrieved relatively easily by soaking the dry DMT-laden filter in warm IPA for a while and evaporating the IPA. Or you could probably use the DMT-laden coffee filter to roll a changa-blunt! Drool
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine