We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Being a Psychedelic Person Options

jamie
#1 Posted : 2/18/2014 2:46:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

What does it mean to be a psychedelic person?... To strive to embody the teachings of entheogenic medicines in all aspects of our lives? To walk the visions of our own individual dreaming, gifting our gnosis to the world around us..To become that which we
ourselves desire?

When was the last time you laughed becasue you cried...

When was the last time you cried becasue you laughed..

Learning to laugh, and learning to cry,
Dancing in sorrow and sobbing in joy.

Many of us work with the entheogenic plants and molecules. We enter sacred space and spend nights running the edges of reality over into the abyss, peering deep into the depth of our being, mourning our losses and celebrating the gift of life we have been given. We dream our futures and re-vision our pasts..moving deeper into the mirror of self reflection, we come to understand the cosmic journey that is our collective earth walk. For these nights we are dreamers, believers, seekers, poets and healers..we are mystics and sages holding space for the genesis of the cosmic narrative unfolding within, infolding without. We are map makers and autonamous self generators, we are children and we are elders, solar incarnations surfing the winds of time. We, are psychedelic.

..and then..

...We come down. We go home to our families, lovers, friends and coworkers. We go to bed, we wake up. We go to work and we raise our children. We get caught up in the drama of life, of love, of work and of play. As we put on the masks of the collective narrative once more we risk forgetting that we are mere actors, and we fall back into roles that do not extend out from that place in our hearts, from which the threads of our dreams extend.

To embody and cultivate our personal vision of gnosis within, is to rise to the challenge of being a psychedelic person. This is the blossoming of the flower that is the seed of the gaian entheogens. To come back to the "world as it is", and see through the
eyes of a solar incarnation, to know how to hold space for the mourning of this traumatized world is to live as a psychedelic person. This is, in my eyes, what many of us strive towards. Success is not to be measured relative to our achieval of the goal, but by our
willingness to move foreward in our path as those who are up for the challenge..to be mindful of our individual struggles and traumas as we make our through this life..to constantly hold space for our own mourning, and to celebrate our own joy..In this way we take responsibility for the direction in which our energies flow as autonamous beings woven into a larger gaian ecology.

To break an arm, a leg or a toe is an external blemish, from which we readily rise..

To break your heart, is to experience the greatest trauma, paralyzing in it's
grasp...

It's only when we are truely broken apart..
That we are provided a view of what worlds await within.

To be a psychedelic person is to have the courage to own and accept our traumas, our fears and doubts.. to live as boundless beings in expression of the dance of emotions that set the stage in ones life, and move foreward as circle openers and closers, in
elegance and grace. To move in a way that confounds us as individuals into a constant state of awe, and share our reverence in humble rapture in all aspects of life, is to live a psychedelic life.

So long has been our journey from starlight to flesh, eons of dreaming to walk the "world as it is"..as galactic dewdrops reflecting back from the cosmic eyeball of the self, we are eternal. As dream walkers and story speakers, the spherical narrative woven through the arts of the old tounge, we are keepers of magic. We are custodians of the sacred. We are cultivators within the garden of the gaian mythos..we are kin.

We are all kin.

Long live the unwoke.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nen888
#2 Posted : 2/18/2014 2:58:19 AM
member for the trees

Acacia expert | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingExtraordinary knowledge | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, CounsellingSenior Member | Skills: Acacia, Botany, Tryptamines, Counselling

..beautiful words jamie..

ay, these are the 'weirden ways'..

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 2/18/2014 3:00:26 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Aho!
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Nathanial.Dread
#4 Posted : 2/18/2014 3:33:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know, I generally associate being a psychedelic person with tie-dye t-shirts, overlarge beards and a tendency to listen to The Greatful Dead.
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

cave paintings
#5 Posted : 2/18/2014 4:48:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Well spoken Jamie. I resonate with this. Allies in consciousness of this strange place we inhabit and yet are. Towards euphony. We are kin.
Living to Give

universecannon
#6 Posted : 2/18/2014 6:10:58 AM

β˜‚

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

beautiful

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Mr.Peabody
#7 Posted : 2/18/2014 6:46:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thank you for writing this, jamie.

I had one hell of a rough trip today, and it nourishes my soul to have read these words.
Be an adult only when necessary.

DeDao
#8 Posted : 2/22/2014 5:30:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I was browsing the Nexian News Page and saw this was reposted there. Very nicely said Jamie.
"Think more than you speak"
"How do you get rid of the pain of having pain in the first place? You get rid of expectations"
"You are everything that is. Open yourself to the love and understanding that is available."
"To see God, you have to have met the Devil."
"When you know how to listen, everyone becomes a guru."
" One time, I didn't do anything, and it was so empty... Almost as if I wasn't doing anything. Then I wrote about it. It was fulfilling."

Metanoia
#9 Posted : 2/22/2014 8:03:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jamie wrote:
Many of us work with the entheogenic plants and molecules. We enter sacred space and spend nights running the edges of reality over into the abyss, peering deep into the depth of our being, mourning our losses and celebrating the gift of life we have been given. We dream our futures and re-vision our pasts..moving deeper into the mirror of self reflection, we come to understand the cosmic journey that is our collective earth walk. For these nights we are dreamers, believers, seekers, poets and healers..we are mystics and sages holding space for the genesis of the cosmic narrative unfolding within, infolding without. We are map makers and autonamous self generators, we are children and we are elders, solar incarnations surfing the winds of time. We, are psychedelic.

This is pure eloquence. Thank you for your beautiful words Smile

thymamai
#10 Posted : 2/23/2014 12:16:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Elegantly put. Tenderly, and bitter sweet. Your expressivity is warming, jamie.

Quote:
as boundless beings in expression of the dance of emotions that set the stage in ones life, and move foreward

Can it be, that life itself is psychedelic? Engulfed in a trip beyond conceiving, always humbling, forever filled with beauty. Yours and ours.

null24
#11 Posted : 2/23/2014 2:50:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Yes, beautiful words, Jamie. Spoken through the tears of joy shed while performing the cosmic dance of pulsing gratitude, through the tears shed for every rending of the heart as it pulses down through the years, being the reason for the gratitude that powers the cosmic dance, cycling through each other, pain and joy, pain and joy.

Living with both, loving the divine spark of consciousness that resides within our three-dimensional body, and loving the process of learning to combine the two.

Seeking knowledge as one seeks a lover, knowing oneself and their motivations, discovering their exact place between heaven and hell.

Bringing the knowledge found in the psychedelic state into this world. Tapping into the vast storehouses of creativity within each of us and bringing our art, whatever it may be, into the light of day. Performing that art with love and devotion, and finding a way to sustain oneself with it.

Living with loving kindness, and giving freely with no expectation. Loving oneself fully, so to love another fully.

Learning to live as a spaceman on earth, and not drawing too much attention.

I wish I was a psychedelic person. Maybe one day, I'm working on it.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*Ξ³Ξ½αΏΆΞΈΞΉ ΟƒΞ΅Ξ±Ο…Ο„ΟŒΞ½*

Hiyo Quicksilver
#12 Posted : 2/23/2014 3:07:07 AM

just some guy

Jamie, you bastard...

You made me cry. Love

β—‹
#13 Posted : 2/23/2014 3:30:22 AM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

Goood good stuff

<3 tat

datdmt
#14 Posted : 2/23/2014 7:52:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It feels familiar , for good reason.

Entheogenerator
#15 Posted : 2/23/2014 9:47:27 AM

Homo discens

Excellent work, jamie! This couldn't have come at a better time in my life, as it is very relevant to some personal introspection I have been doing lately. Thank you for sharing. Smile
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude Page ❋ Health & Safety ❋ FAQ ❋ Known Substance Interactions ❋ Extraction Teks ❋ The Machine

Elpo
#16 Posted : 2/23/2014 7:51:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I vote for this to be in the next issue of the Nexian e-zine.
Beautiful words.

It also made me think of this song which I just discovered a few days ago thanks to a friend of mine:

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

#17 Posted : 2/23/2014 10:03:18 PM

Game Master

purdy
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Kash
#18 Posted : 2/23/2014 11:08:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

It is so easy to get caught up in the everyday story of life and forget about our psychedelic person for a while, but then an instant familiarity returns when we unravel once more.

I can definitly relate to this. Great stuff Jamie, pure poetry. Thumbs up
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

lobo
#19 Posted : 2/24/2014 1:07:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That deep jamie... well done!!Thumbs up