We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
[THE NEXIAN] The Nexian News Site is Now Live Options

SnozzleBerry
#1 Posted : 2/15/2014 5:23:18 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

http://the-nexian.me/

Check it out!

This is the new front page for the Nexian E-Magazine. Big grin

A team of editors will be working around the clock to ensure that this site is continuously updated with original articles via submission, as well as aggregated psychedelic news from all around the world.

The Nexian E-Zine can now be found at this site as well.

Here's a shortcut to the article submission page.

A huge thank you to The Traveler for doing an incredible amount of coding and incredible design work! And to all of the contributors, editors, and various others who have made this incredible undertaking possible. We're looking forward to the future of psychedelic news.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Macre
#2 Posted : 2/15/2014 5:28:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I will look forward to reading through this site.

Peace

Macre
All things stated within this website by myself are expressly intended for entertainment purposes only.

All people in general, and users of this site are encouraged by myself, other members, and DMT-Nexus, to know and abide by the laws of the jurisdiction in which they are situated.

I, other members, and DMT-Nexus, do not condone or encourage the use, supply, or production of illegal drugs or controlled substances in any way whatsoever.

VIII
#3 Posted : 2/15/2014 6:15:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What a great idea and lovely work Smile

Thanks!
The inner soul is full of joy. Reveal my secrets and sew me whole. With each day, "I" heeds your call.
You may not care the slightest and may not be the brightest, but from here "I" sees you're mighty for you created it all.

And the jumbling sea rose above the wall.

Through this chaos comes the order you enthrall.

Nicita
#4 Posted : 2/15/2014 6:22:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks great, bookmarked! I'll drop by regulary.

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 2/15/2014 10:41:06 PM

Homo discens

This is incredible! Much respect to everyone who has contributed, I am really impressed! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Flinkman86
#6 Posted : 2/16/2014 1:24:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Wow, another great achievement! Thank you so much Traveler from the bottom of my heart. Watching something that has been around for years continue to unfold is just amazing.

The work you do and the work of every member on this website is astounding. The more we understand the more we can educate!

Much love!Thumbs up
~Ignorant bliss is death to your wish~

Elpo
#7 Posted : 2/16/2014 7:28:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks really lovely.

I was wondering if there will also be a Facebook page of The Nexian? Are there plans for this?

"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Global
#8 Posted : 2/16/2014 7:37:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I don't think Facebook is a good outlet for us personally.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

obliguhl
#9 Posted : 2/16/2014 7:57:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for creating this, i can see this opening a lot of doors in the future.

Quote:
I don't think Facebook is a good outlet for us personally.

Why not?

universecannon
#10 Posted : 2/16/2014 10:03:34 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

I have a lot of issues with facebook but it can be a very useful tool for certain things...especially spreading information/knowledge among like minded people and bringing them together, as can twitter etc. They could help us reach a much wider group.

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Global
#11 Posted : 2/16/2014 10:27:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Music, LSDMT, Egyptian Visions, DMT: Energetic/Holographic Phenomena, Integration, Trip Reports

I'm not a fan of how much information Facebook collects on people. It's not nearly as secure as the Nexus for one.
"Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind" - Albert Einstein

"The Mighty One appears, the horizon shines. Atum appears on the smell of his censing, the Sunshine- god has risen in the sky, the Mansion of the pyramidion is in joy and all its inmates are assembled, a voice calls out within the shrine, shouting reverberates around the Netherworld." - Egyptian Book of the Dead

"Man fears time, but time fears the Pyramids" - 9th century Arab proverb

universecannon
#12 Posted : 2/16/2014 10:31:10 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Yeah I agree there, and that's actually my main issue with it. But I think its possible to use these structures of madness in ways where the benefits outweigh the possible downsides. I won't complain if we don't make one though, since it doesn't make much difference to me really

What site is as secure as the nexus? ;]

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Metanoia
#13 Posted : 2/17/2014 7:53:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow, this is great. I was going to ask about sharing the news site on facebook myself, actually. Not creating an actual facebook page, but I think sharing it around facebook to like-minded individuals could be beneficial. Obviously they can find it as easily as typing it into a search engine anyway, but sharing the Nexian e-zine and news site on a social media platform like facebook could really spread the knowledge.

cyb
#14 Posted : 2/17/2014 8:10:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Be aware that at a certain point...ALL text and Artwork that you post on Facebook becomes their property.
This means they can do whatever they like with it and you have no legal recourse.
Personally I avoid FB like the plague.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

obliguhl
#15 Posted : 2/17/2014 9:18:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
I'm not a fan of how much information Facebook collects on people. It's not nearly as secure as the Nexus for one.

Fair enough, but does it have to be as secure as the nexus? It is not a save haven for users of psychedelics, still there are a ton of people on there who choose to share psychedelica related stuff. I don't think that most users who share personal stuff on there are dumb or just don't know about facebook policies. There are enough people who are open about it on facebook... graham hancock for instance. Faqcebook, twitter and other channels are simply part of our culture. If you want to communicate to a broader audience, you have to utilize these channels for maximum effect. What would have happened to a CEO of a big company 20 years ago, who refused to buy TV ads because he didn't agree with some of the programming?

I also don't like facebook btw.

Quote:
Be aware that at a certain point...ALL text and Artwork that you post on Facebook becomes their property.
This means they can do whatever they like with it and you have no legal recourse.
Personally I avoid FB like the plague.

Are you refering to the status update hoax?
https://www.facebook.com...cy/posts/367687683324900

From their Tos

Quote:
For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with Facebook (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.

When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).

That just means: You give them the right to display your stuff on facebook. Otherwise, you could just upload it and then sue facebook for using it

cyb
#16 Posted : 2/17/2014 9:53:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

obliguhl wrote:
Are you refering to the status update hoax?

No obli...referring to this

also here

Elpo
#17 Posted : 2/17/2014 10:02:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't really see a big difference between Facebook and Twitter when it comes to collecting data?
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

3rdI
#18 Posted : 2/17/2014 10:06:54 AM

veni, vidi, spici

cracking work, a big well done and thank you to all those involvedThumbs up
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

cyb
#19 Posted : 2/17/2014 12:50:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Psychedelic Frontier gives us a lovely big plug.

Thanks PF Thumbs up

Ryusaki
#20 Posted : 2/17/2014 1:41:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Feels great to be part of it. Thank you guys! Thumbs up

12NEXT