We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
New movie out today: Sick Birds Die Easy Options

Rifle
#1 Posted : 2/11/2014 6:58:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

My friend's movie, Sick Birds Die Easy, came out on Amazon and iTunes today and deals with a lot of things the Nexus here deals with and has received positive reviews, so I thought I'd mention it here. You can see a trailer for it at sickbirdsdieeasy.com

I actually haven't seen it yet as I'm waiting to see it in the theater tonight, so I can't say much about it, but here's a link to a pretty informative article about it: http://networkedblogs.com/TFq5M
She's real. She's got red lips.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

UgraKarma
#2 Posted : 2/12/2016 8:00:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is now streaming for free on Hulu. I watched it two times back to back last night. I was equal parts abhorred, compelled, saddened, and frustrated. It's a testament to just how sick the West has become.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

null24
#3 Posted : 2/12/2016 8:27:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

This sounds like something I want to see. Do you know if it's going on a US tour or is going to be released nationwide theatrically? If the filmmaker is planning to come to Oregon, and you can get in touch with me I could perhaps arrange a screening. You can PM me with any information on that tack, if you don't want to post it in this thread.

There is been such an upsurge in psychedelic tourism both in the jungle and spreading into the west with sham organizations like the megalomaniac-led budding colt in Elbe, Washington which shall not be named, with very little attention or focused placed on any possible downside or negative aspect of it that this is actually refreshing to see.

I like the filmmakers idea of combining documentary with fictional narrative as well, that could make for a really really interesting movie.

I forget the name of the other fictionalized movie coming out this summer shot in black-and-white the deals more with South American shamanism and western engagement with it but it looks very interesting as well, perhaps I'll edit this post with the relevant information on that so I'm not just farting in the wind.
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

UgraKarma
#4 Posted : 2/12/2016 9:38:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I know that time of touring and screenings came and passed a year or two ago. You can buy the DVD - or simply view it here.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents." -lovecraft

Intezam
#5 Posted : 2/14/2016 10:12:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

here is a link that works for non-americains (our other's devils)

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 2/17/2016 4:34:02 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Watched the movie. What a shower of cretins those guys could be at times! Was this pure documentary? If not, which bits were fictionalised?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli