We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Why is it suddenly impossible to find an Arc Turboflame? Options

Akasha224
#1 Posted : 2/4/2014 8:49:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I've finally ordered my GVG and want a lighter to go with it. Based on this topic:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=14598

The Arc Turboflame seems like the best bet...except I can't get it anywhere in the US. I can't find one on Amazon (I know I've seen it there before), I found a single one on eBay that was from a seller in the UK who didn't ship internationally, and the link to the site in that topic that sells it no longer ships it to the US either...seems strange to me.

I was considering one of these as an alternative:

http://www.lightersdirec...Polish+Chrome.14395.html

It's gotten some praise on these boards, and is a decent price, so I might try it out. Does anyone else have experience with this lighter?

Thanks. Smile
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entheogenerator
#2 Posted : 2/5/2014 1:59:16 AM

Homo discens

Buying torch lighters online is always gamble, because you never really know how reliable it will be until you've already bought it. If there are good reviews of this one that you've posted, it might be alright.

Check the GVG thread, I seem to remember multiple posts with links to purchase the Arc Turboflame. I think one of the websites sold them three at a time for like $5 each.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

gibran2
#3 Posted : 2/5/2014 2:49:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

These are identical to the Arc:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...&hash=item3ccacaf9ea
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 2/5/2014 4:42:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I couldnt find one myself, I use this

http://www.neptunecigar.com/pr/...izard_table_lighter.aspx

Vertigo Wizard Lighter. Great flame control, tank is nice and big so it lasts a long time. Hasnt failed me yet.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

User1911
#5 Posted : 2/5/2014 1:10:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I can vouge for the one suggested by gibran. They are excatly identical, in size weight and height you can not tell the difference. My real arc did not even work on arrival. I got the one gibran suggested and its been going strong for a while now no problems.

The only thing about the arc is that it gets extremely hot so becareful when lighting it you can easily burn yourself if your not careful.

Mister_Niles
#6 Posted : 2/5/2014 1:30:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup. The link Gibran2 provided is the way to go. I bought a couple of these knockoffs a couple of years ago and they are great. Just got another on as a backup. I broke the seals on one by overfilling it, so be careful.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

gibran2
#7 Posted : 2/5/2014 1:35:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expertSenior Member

Mister_Niles wrote:
Yup. The link Gibran2 provided is the way to go. I bought a couple of these knockoffs a couple of years ago and they are great. Just got another on as a backup. I broke the seals on one by overfilling it, so be careful.

I don’t think they’re knockoffs. They’re more likely “unbranded” Arcs. The manufacturer of the unbranded variety and the Arc Turboflame variety is probably one in the same.
gibran2 is a fictional character. Any resemblance to anyone living or dead is purely coincidental.

Akasha224
#8 Posted : 2/6/2014 7:09:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

gibran2 wrote:

Just bought these. Thanks!
Akasha224 is a fictitious extension of my ego; all his posts do not reflect reality & are fictional

Mister_Niles
#9 Posted : 2/6/2014 8:05:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah. Sorry Gibran. I used the wrong word. My friend and I have compared his Arc and my unbranded lighters and they are indistinguishable. Recently, I saw a lighter with the same design being sold under the brand name Zico. I don't know if they are the same, but they are in the price range of the unbranded Arc lighters.
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

--Shadow
#10 Posted : 3/18/2014 2:33:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

AmazonUK wouldn't deliver the Turboflame arc to Australia.

Had to buy it on FishPond. I paid $94.99, but now they are advertised at $69.97 (with free shipping)

http://www.fishpond.com....rc-Lighter/5060078870221
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

--Shadow
#11 Posted : 3/19/2014 4:37:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From Turboflame FAQ

Where can I buy Turboflame online?

Try the following E-tailers - not all sites offer the full range : www.outdoorgb.com / www.gear-zone.co.uk /www.simply-outdoors.co.uk / www.cave-crag.co.uk / www.outdoorgear.co.uk / www.find-me-a-gift.co.uk / www.scan.co.uk / www.fragranceheaven.co.uk / www.firebox.com / www.play.com
Throughout recorded time and long before, trees have stood as sentinels, wise yet silent, patiently accumulating their rings while the storms of history have raged around them --The living wisdom of trees, Fred Hageneder

adam
#12 Posted : 3/24/2014 1:20:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A vector volt is another very fine torch I've been using daily for over a year with no problems, you can find it on amazon

Hyperdimensional Cuttlefish
#13 Posted : 4/3/2014 5:11:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've been using one of those Ebay cheapie Arc's for quite a while now, for both GVG and "regular" pipe smoking. Lots of use and have only had to break it down and deep clean/purge it once so far.

Still works like a champ.
All these posts are on behalf of Stimpy, my yellow bullhead. He is an adventurous fish, and I feel his exploits are worth sharing...so much so, I occasionally forget that HE is the one who does these things. Sometimes I get caught in the moment and write of his experiences in the first person; this is a mistake, for I am an upstanding citizen who never does wrong. Stimpy is the degenerate.

ymer
#14 Posted : 4/3/2014 6:01:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Get one of these, it's amazingly good and reliable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

SnozzleBerry
#15 Posted : 4/3/2014 7:31:21 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

ymer wrote:
Get one of these, it's amazingly good and reliable:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/...trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

These can't hold a flame to the Arc (official or unlabeled). Pun intended.

I used them initially and went through a number of them prior to getting my arcs. Right now you can get 3 "arcs" for $30...which makes them only twice as expensive, for a significantly better product.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

bindu
#16 Posted : 4/3/2014 9:07:12 PM

this is what i use for gvg vaping http://www.amazon.co.uk/...tane-torch/dp/B001DH7SP4

costs a little more but will last till the end of times
blessed be all forms of intelligence

MooshyPeaches
#17 Posted : 9/21/2014 9:38:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The arc is definitely worth it. sometimes I need to warm mine up with my hand and keep it full of fluid for it to work but besides that it's the best lighter ive had.

Jees
#18 Posted : 9/22/2014 11:59:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Arc twin brand: Zico in ebay:
Zico T-38 (ORIGINAL) Refillable Butane Torch Lighter Shiny Silver