We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Let's talk about what this goo just did when I heated it up... Options

HumbleTraveler
#1 Posted : 2/3/2014 7:16:21 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I was loading up a ceramic disc with some white xtals. I keep a separate stash of sizeable balls of goo just to keep them away from my xtals. Why? Personally, Ive always had a big issue when it came to attempting to vape any xtals with goo or just goo by itself, the feeling is one of absolutely horrific throat burn that lasts quite some time. I say it feels like swallowing glass while having strep throat.

So after I was done and about to put my supplies away, I got curious and placed a small ball of goo on the glass plate that I place under my ceramic disc. The goo was roughly a 4mm sphere. I wanted to see what it would do when heated up by the same torch I normally use, just to see if I could smell anything odd.

It was a relatively dark golden brown at first, once heated it thinned out into a lighter yellow color, then as the heating continued, the plate began to go rainbow...as in, what oil/gas looks like when it floats amongst water or when particular metals are heated. As it heated further, it vaporized a little bit (the room smells horrible now) and it got very dark.

Original tek used was Cybs hybrid salt tek; naphtha, lye pellets, vinegar, water. The only potential issues I can figure are that I used an HDPE container to measure out my naphtha and I used plastic eye droppers to transfer naphtha into my glass dishes. ( I use all glass now though Thumbs up )

Images are attached of what I saw. Definitely contaminated, right? I wish I'd given the plate a good wash with just water before attempting this to rule out soap residue. But, I didnt plan on testing any goo. Thats the only variable here at this point. I can almost guarantee no soap residue though was on the plate.
HumbleTraveler attached the following image(s):
IMG_20140203_015123_158 - Copy.jpg (1,278kb) downloaded 210 time(s).
IMG_20140203_015426_033 - Copy.jpg (789kb) downloaded 214 time(s).
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

DeMolecularTraveler
#2 Posted : 2/4/2014 7:44:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sounds like burnt spice my friend. Dont do that! Big grin

HumbleTraveler
#3 Posted : 2/4/2014 8:09:07 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Keep in mind guys this was just an experiment I wasnt trying to injest any of whats on the plate lol.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

HumbleTraveler
#4 Posted : 4/17/2014 5:59:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Spiritofspice wrote:
The last photo looks like burnt spice.
Yep it stinks really bad when burnt.

The rainbow thing in the first pic can be caused by heat.

I doubt you have any contaminants in your spice.

Comin back on this for a moment because I just did it again and tried something to rule out the burnt glass thing. I waited for the glass to cool, and then I took my finger to see if the rainbow pattern would smear.

It did, so then, I took a cotton swab with some rubbing alcohol and swabbed the plate, sure enough the plate is clean, the cotton swab end is now the color of the goo (golden brown) and the rainbow pattern on the plate is gone. So back to my original belief that it is chemical of some kind, and likely petroleum based. I do believe it is some sort of plsatic contamination because plastics are typically petroleum derived.

Im going to try to preserve this cotton swab, how exactly would I go about getting this chemically analyzed to find what it is exactly? A little extreme, but Im really curious to see if Im right.

Smile

SnozzleBerry
#5 Posted : 4/17/2014 12:34:40 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

HumbleTraveler wrote:
I do believe it is some sort of plsatic contamination because plastics are typically petroleum derived.

I don't understand why this is the conclusion you've come to. Could you elaborate?

Have you ever looked at a pot of boiling, reduced caapi (or other plant matter)? At times, you will see a visible rainbow sheen on the surface of the water in some places. A rainbow sheen is not necessarily an indicator of the presence of petroleum products.

HumbleTraveler wrote:
I just did it again and tried something to rule out the burnt glass thing.

It's not the glass that has been burned...it's the DMT. That nasty brown color is what tends to happen when you overheat DMT and it pyrolizes. Yes it stinks, yes it will transfer to cotton, no it's not an indication of any contamination.

If you want to get it analyzed, take a look at this.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

HumbleTraveler
#6 Posted : 4/18/2014 6:37:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks Snoz! Ive never actually seen a pot of caapi or plant matter.

I came to that conclusion after several hours of analysis and very very intensive process of elimination....Big grin

The only real reason I believe its contaminated with plastic is because my first 2 extractions I used a plastic eye dropper to transfer the saturated naphtha to baking dishes and a plastic HDPE container showing mL in graduates of 10ml to measure my naphtha.

Just kinda assumed the naphtha took some plastic along with it into my product.

Since seeing this yesterday, I have taken my whole yield and done a Re-X which came out wonderfully.

Smile