We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
What the hell do you make of this! LOOK! possible loop hole! Options

Drake
#1 Posted : 6/20/2009 1:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok. Salvia is illegal in Australia yeah? Well I am not so bright, can someone read through this?

http://www.aqis.gov.au/i...ses&QueryType=Search

Go down to Salvia divinorum, Dried - [Herb, leaf, flower, root] . And you will hit into this link:

http://www.aqis.gov.au/i...rch=1&LogSessionID=0

Can anyone els see where it says Salvia divinorum is prohibited? What am I missing here? Anything on THIS LIST will say if its prohibited or not. Well, I cannot say where it says its not allowed?

What am I missing here! Whats going on? Maybe Sally D was never made Illegal?

I am confused and excited at the same time...

EDIT: for the people who don't know what this site is:
Quote:

ICON is AQIS’s import conditions database. It is a simple and convenient way to access information about Australian import conditions for more than 20,000 plant, animal, microbial, mineral and human commodities. It can be used to determine if a commodity intended for import to Australia needs a quarantine permit and/or treatment or if there are any other quarantine prerequisites.

How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!
The Dark reaches of The Void are there. But it is not to be feared.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Kannamate
#2 Posted : 6/21/2009 12:17:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know australias law besides that they are very strict,but the way they make it sound is it's legal to grow,but not legal to consume for recreational purposes.

Drake
#3 Posted : 6/21/2009 1:03:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Maybe not grow. Or it would have the end use as Nursery stock. I am sure. I think I would like others to help me look into this. This would at least be a massive thing if you was arrested for having Sally D. You would simply say, you looked if it was illegal to import, and on ICON it sead it was allowed! Why would it be illegal if its allowed to be imported?!

Like I suggested. I think this is a major loop hole right here! Disappointed more have not posted what they think on this!
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

Kannamate
#4 Posted : 6/21/2009 1:22:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

oh I never looked into ithttp://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml looks like it completely illegal that is a loophole,but law would prevail just like khat is not specifically illegal in the US,but it contains cathinone so you would get into trouble if it was fresh.

jamie
#5 Posted : 6/21/2009 6:04:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

there is some salvia crusaders site dedicated to salvia legality in aus I think...if its still there.

I wonder how many people down in Oz actually grow salvia?
Long live the unwoke.

WSaged
#6 Posted : 6/21/2009 7:09:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Kannamate wrote:
oh I never looked into ithttp://www.erowid.org/plants/salvia/salvia_law.shtml looks like it completely illegal that is a loophole,but law would prevail just like khat is not specifically illegal in the US,but it contains cathinone so you would get into trouble if it was fresh.

Yeah, be careful & check this out completely before proceeding with any actions based on this!!

In a lot of cases, the legality of these substances depends on the intended use by the individual person found with them.
And of course, the "skill" of the prosecutor at "proving" that intention, can mean all the difference in the world.

Like Mimosa Hostilis root bark for instance, is totally legal to import, export, buy & sell throughout most of the world.
But if you are doing this for the reason of extracting the DMT out of that bark for human consumption, that will then make it totally illegal.

So there doesn't always need to be a law on the books that directly say's, "chemical-X is always illegal".
Instead there are other laws in those books that state in much more open (or, manipulatable) terms, that say how if one chem is similar enough to another one, or is being used in a way that is illegal with other similar chem's.
Than the chem in question, is then illegal as well & prosecutable under the same laws as the similar, illegal chem.
Or something along those lines...

I don't know a thing about Australian law, but I'm always reading people complain about how strict & tight their "drug laws" are.Sad
So I would guess they have this loop-hole covered in some way!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Drake
#7 Posted : 6/22/2009 2:20:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
there is some salvia crusaders site dedicated to salvia legality in aus I think...if its still there.

I wonder how many people down in Oz actually grow salvia?

Yeah. I contacted them about what I have found. They have not gotten back to me just yet.

I don't think many grow it. I am sure some do, but you cannot get any on the "black market".

As always. Thank you for all your thoughts on this! I will be sure if the people from the salvia crusaders contact me on my find.
How To Stop a Nightmare
Insanty at its finest!

supernatural
#8 Posted : 9/26/2009 11:44:37 PM

DMT-Nexus member

From the "Happy High Herbs" Handbook by Ray Thorpe (2007): "...especially as Diviners Sage is now an illegal import into Australia..Unfortunatley our wonderful country is at this moment in time the only country in the whole world to restrict our civil rights and schedule this herb. The body responsible for its prohibition .. is the the National Drugs and Poisons Schedule committee of the Therapeutic Goods administration (T.G.A.)...Their findings? "The Commitee agreed to confirm its Foreshadowed Decision to include Salvia Divinorum in Schedule 9 of SUSDP on the basis of high potential for abuse and the risk to public health and safety"" !!!!

supernatural
#9 Posted : 9/27/2009 12:13:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

From the australia website for Dept. of Health and Ageing: www.health.gov.au/intern...ted-impexp-precursor.htm

List of drug substances requiring import and or export authorisations

Prohibited Imports and Exports (Drugs and Precursor Chemicals)

Substance Name Cathinone
Synonym/Description including Khat (Catha eduli s)
Classification Psychotropic
Import Permit Required Yes
Import Licence Required Yes
Export Licence and Permit Yes

if Cathinone is prohibited from import then i'm thinking that covers Salvia herself too.... can anyone say whether there would be other "prohibited" chemicals in Salvia.. have not done too much reasearch yet but I think Salvia Divinorum used to be obtainable from Happy High Herbs in australia as a product called "XL". (have some here still in its packaging) Apparently its only been in recent years this has become scheduled....

smokeydaze
#10 Posted : 9/27/2009 3:42:46 AM

Dragunov Mylshka Teapot

Thanks for clearing that up supernatural and good to see you around..
SMOKE MORE DMT, SMOKE MORE DMT NOW

supernatural
#11 Posted : 9/27/2009 11:29:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

no worries, and cheers Smile