We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
AYA2014 - World Ayahuasca Conference, Ibiza, 25-27 September Options

Vodsel
#1 Posted : 2/1/2014 10:40:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

Hello all members,

I'm very excited to give the first announcement here in the Nexus for AYA2014, the World Ayahuasca Conference. Organized by the ICEERS Foundation, this will be a one-of-a-kind event happening in the island of Ibiza, Spain, the next 25, 26 and 27 of september.

AYA2014 Website Link

Quote:
In the last decade, the interest and use of ayahuasca has expanded exponentially. This phenomenon has both activated the advancement of scientific research into its effects, risks and therapeutic potential, as well as serious legal, ethical and sustainability challenges.

The World Ayahuasca Conference 2014, organized by the ICEERS Foundation, aims to be a multidisciplinary event that brings together leading scientists, legal experts, practitioners, environmentalists and other experts involved in the ayahuasca field, facilitating the interchange of experience and knowledge, and the birth of new synergies and collaborations through the formal presentations and round tables, workshops and debates, as well as the informal events of the conference.

In the present date, and already included in the program, you will find:

- Presentations and sessions about Ayahuasca scientific research, ethnobotany, sustainability, ethics, legality and uses in both traditional and modern contexts.
- Confirmed speakers like Jordi Riba, José Carlos Bouso, Dennis McKenna, Joshua Pickerham, Rafael Guimaraes and others, among scientists, shamans and experts.
- Workshops about scientific research, therapy, art and holotropic breathwork.
- Activities in the beautiful Ibiza - tourism, gastronomy, concerts and a cruise.

Visit the website for contact links and more information. You can also submit abstracts for presentation, and your entries for an Aya Film Fest for your shorts or documentaries about ayahuasca.

Ticket sales are scheduled to commence in 24th of February, and we'll update this thread as new important information becomes available.

Looking forward to AYA2014 as one of the most exciting events for the community in recent times, and hoping you will make it even more special with your presence!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

endlessness
#2 Posted : 2/2/2014 12:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks very interesting!

I wonder how expensive it will be...

Also I was thinking if maybe we can present something there, like about new research on ayahuasca analogues or something similar.. What do you guys/gals think? Maybe we can collectively work on a presentation idea here.

Vodsel
#3 Posted : 2/2/2014 12:58:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

endlessness wrote:
Also I was thinking if maybe we can present something there, like about new research on ayahuasca analogues or something similar.. What do you guys/gals think? Maybe we can collectively work on a presentation idea here.

I was really hoping someone would bring that up soon Smile

There is a wealth of new information in the Nexus to put together a presentation. I'm quite sure we would fit the bill easily, barely needing any extra persuasion - which I'd gladly use anyways.

For starters, I don't think there's any up-to-date presentation about ayahuasca analogues yet. Up-to-date meaning mostly research work done with acacias.

Other suggestions?

nexalizer
#4 Posted : 2/3/2014 12:56:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Very cool, thanks a lot for sharing!

Hopefully the price will be agreeableSmile
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

Untm
#5 Posted : 3/21/2014 7:17:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Jonathan Ott is going to be there and I'm going to present my paper on Kratom for Opiate cession if I haven't already mentioned.

Tea fell into water
Smoalk N,N DMT errrrday

Quote:
11:53:11 ‹Untm› Nexus chat and anti-gravity simulated racing is my coffee.

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 5/2/2014 4:02:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This looks like a great conference with an amazing and eclectic line up of people and things going on. I'll be giving a talk there on "Ayahuasca & brain change: From pharmacology to psychology" (working title) and have just bought my speakers ticket. A fair bit of money for me right now, and not sure I could afford this without the price reduction on top of flight costs.

Hoping to cross paths with Dennis McKenna and Bruce Parry and others while I'm there, would be great to connect with some fellow Nexians if they're gonna be there...catch you in Ibiza if you are! Cool

SnozzleBerry
#7 Posted : 5/16/2014 4:22:20 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

endlessness and I should be there, giving a talk entitled "Vines and Minds: Phytochemical Analysis from the DMT-Nexus." We'll be in the biomedicine track alongside Bancopuma.

Quote:
Despite numerous published scientific papers and anecdotal reports indicating the presence of DMT in a wide variety of plants, there is much ambiguity, contradiction, and speculation regarding the actual chemical composition of many of these plants. Discussions of indigenous preparations, which include DMT-containing plants, often treat the phytochemistry of the β-carboline-containing plants as fairly uniform. However, new examinations of these plants, utilizing modern analytical techniques, have shown them to contain a variety of compounds in differing ratios.

The DMT-Nexus has carried out unique chromatography and mass spectrometry analyses of specimens reported to contain DMT and β-carbolines, from both novel and previously examined species complexes. Thus far, we have tested species within the Acacia, Phalaris, Psychotria, Banisteriopsis and related genera, as well as Mimosa tenuiflora and Diplopterys cabrerana. This research has elucidated questions and hypotheses regarding: indigenous botanical preparations; identities of plants found in the global market of entheogenic vendors; and the phytochemistry of plants that ethnobotanical researchers encounter in their own geographic regions.

Key results from our ongoing inquiries show that neither Tetrapterys methystica nor Alicia anisopetala contain harmala alkaloids, despite being used in similar manners to Banisteriopsis caapi. Additionally, our analyses of Diplopterys cabrerana have not demonstrated the presence of 5-MeO-DMT, despite numerous anecdotal claims that this plant induces subjectively similar effects to 5-MeO-DMT. Similarly, our analyses of Banisteriopsis muricata leaves have not detected the presence DMT, despite hypotheses by notable ethnobotanists to the contrary.

The significance of this research is that it presents the merging of traditional ethnobotanical knowledge into contemporary scientific contexts, while expanding our phytochemical knowledgebase. Through botanical and chemical analyses, we are beginning to correlate plants identified in formal botanical contexts and their chemical constituents with their indigenous classifications and uses. We are also working towards identifying plants with alkaloid profiles analogous to traditional entheogens.

At the very bottom of the page.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Enoon
#8 Posted : 5/16/2014 8:50:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Harm reduction, Analytical thinking

thumbs up. A nice place to have a conference also. September on the islands is probably the best season. Man, I wish I could go! Why couldn't they do it like a year earlier!?
Buon viso a cattivo gioco!
---
The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook - A handbook for the safe and responsible use of entheogens.
---
mushroom-grow-help ::: energy conserving caapi extraction

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 5/16/2014 2:21:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm really looking forward to this, have a few friends who are going and some people who want to connect there. Mr Snozzleberry, great to hear both you and endlessness will be in attendance, there was talk of a Nexian meet up around my neck of the woods in August sometime but I'll be in Ethiopia then...will be great to cross paths there.

Jees
#10 Posted : 7/20/2014 7:20:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Can't remember where I got the link from, I hope it's legit:
http://ayahuasca.limeque...index.php/821956/lang-en

Vodsel
#11 Posted : 9/2/2014 1:10:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dear Nexus people,

before anything, just a few words: fuck, I miss you. I hope you're all doing great and I hope to be able to spend time learning with you soon again.

Now, a little official update for the World Ayahuasca Conference.

- This is coming up awesome. The conference is flooded with contents. Speaker list is world class. The presentation tracks, the boards, the film forum, everything's completely filled. Four rooms going non stop during three days. Planning the conference as an attendee will surely be a challenge.
- In a side note, some crew members including myself offer a good bounty for a working cloning device.
- As you may know, the DMT Nexus has a presentation there (scroll down to BIOMEDICINE > Vines and Minds: Phytochemical Analysis from the DMT-Nexus). Really looking forward to it!

I'm also leaving here this World Ayahuasca Conference Teaser video.

nexalizer
#12 Posted : 9/2/2014 10:00:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

wow, such a strong nexus presence! I would love to see some of you guys again (you know who you are:grinSmile, but alas, my travels will have taken me far, far away by the time the conference materializes.

Looking forward to read the reports!
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.