We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
HENDRIX Options

MagikVenom
#1 Posted : 6/20/2009 7:16:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

well 2.08am I am listening to my man if a 6 were a 9 I dont mind

He is a true hero in my opion
his persona lives on x tal clear
Truth echos in endless feedback

Jimi may not have smoked dmt but he has been
no doubt to the place we all have been.

Thoughts coments video clips Hendrix was a rare jewel never shall he die.............

edit for those who do not know

"Voodoo Chile"
Well, Im a voodoo chile
Lord Im a voodoo chile

Well, the night I was born
Lord I swear the moon turned a fire red
The night I was born
I swear the moon turned a fire red
Well my poor mother cried out lord, the gypsy was right!
And I seen her fell down right dead
(have mercy)

Well, mountain lions found me there waitin
And set me on a eagles back
Well, mountain lions found me there,
And set me on a eagles wing
(its the eagles wing, baby, what did I say)
He took me past to the outskirts of infinity,
And when he brought me back,
He gave me a venus witchs ring
Hey!
And he said fly on, fly on
Because Im a voodoo chile, baby, voodoo chile
Hey!

Well, I make love to you,
And lord knows youll feel no pain
Say, I make love to you in your sleep,
And lord knows you felt no pain
(have mercy)
cause Im a million miles away
And at the same time Im right here in your picture frame
(yeah! what did I say now)
cause Im a voodoo chile
Lord knows Im a voodoo chile

Well my arrows are made of desire
From far away as jupiters sulphur mines
Say my arrows are made of desire, desire
From far away as jupiters sulphur mines
(way down by the methabe sea, yeah)
I have a humming bird and it hums so loud,
You think you were losing your mind, hmmm...

Well I float in liquid gardens
And arizona new red sand
(yeah)
I float in liquid gardens
Way down in arizona red sand

Well, I taste the honey from a flower named blue,
Way down in california
And the n new york drowns as we hold hands

cause Im a voodoo chile
Lord knows Im a voodoo chile

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/20/2009 7:20:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Must be something in the air...

I got on a Hendrix kick earlier in the day. I listened to "All Along the Watchtower" about 20 times today.

This song has a powerful resonance for a time and place and feeling for me...

SWIMfriend
#3 Posted : 6/20/2009 7:25:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Here's a nice live version of Purple Haze

MagikVenom
#4 Posted : 6/20/2009 7:29:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

thanx for that

Im drinking a budwiser
smoking some rue
sometime tonite
dmt to

damn i sound just like mop
crazy fools rule

its 2.33am

۩
#5 Posted : 6/20/2009 8:28:18 AM

MagikVenom
#6 Posted : 6/20/2009 8:47:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

all i can say is i got 2 utube pages going
as well as the ElectricLadyLand cd
can you see
me blowing
my mind......

edit the guest to the site
are watching
wonder who they be
dont know
dont care
just give me
Jimi

Bill Cipher
#7 Posted : 6/20/2009 9:02:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Word, brother.

MagikVenom wrote:

I'm guessing he's there right now.

MagikVenom
#8 Posted : 6/20/2009 9:18:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Uncle Knucles wrote:
Word, brother.

MagikVenom wrote:

I'm guessing he's there right now.

its 4.17am our time
he is there now
and always will be
crazy truth

Kratom
#9 Posted : 6/20/2009 10:18:39 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Too Weird, started reading this and Gypsy Eyes from Electric Ladyland came on the pod..Stop

MagikVenom
#10 Posted : 6/21/2009 2:44:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kratom wrote:
Too Weird, started reading this and Gypsy Eyes from Electric Ladyland came on the pod..Stop

Quantum Entanglement maybeVery happy

Buster
#11 Posted : 6/21/2009 2:26:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

bloody excellent! "Jimi i love you to!" i owe him alot!, my life turned around about 10 years
ago after listening to electric ladyland album on the mighty lil liberty caps.that was the start of the path that
has led me to here i have never felt so blessed. never a day goes by that i dont listen to Jimi, he is my guardian.
his message is just so simple and beautiful. boy i wish he was here today.i never got to see him perform live but i speak to him every night.

REMEMBER PEOPLE= THE POWER OF SOUL
I'm the one that's got to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

endlessness
#12 Posted : 6/21/2009 2:38:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One more admirer here

listening to jimi's blues cd on acid is certainly one of the highlight experiences to remember Smile

BTW, did you guys watch this concert, 'rainbow bridge', in hawaii? Its a brilliant one, not only for the music, but also the place and the people which appear. Full smiles all the time Smile

I specially love 'hey baby (rising sun)' song in this concert

MagikVenom
#13 Posted : 6/21/2009 4:05:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote=endlessness]One more admirer here
BTW, did you guys watch this concert, 'rainbow bridge', in hawaii? Its a brilliant one, not only for the music, but also the place and the people which appear. Full smiles all the time Smile

Yes I just wish the would remaster it for the big screen and clean up the audio or maybe they have and I just dont know about it.

M.V.

reflexion
#14 Posted : 6/21/2009 6:41:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:

that, along with the 1969 'live at albert hall', are his best videos performances out there, imo.

Quote:

same here Smile

Aegle
#15 Posted : 6/21/2009 7:48:50 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Jimi Hendrix was such a beautiful, deep and sensitive person i have always loved his music because of the lyrics and the wild and resonating tones that he could make with his guitar was completley awe inspiring and refreshing. I read his life story not to long ago and it really opened my eyes to what a soft and sensitive person he was, he had so much beauty to share with the world but unfortunately he just got completely swallowed up by fame as well as his broken family life which absolutely broke my heart in the end all he wanted was his father to love him but his father never did love him enough, to love him in the way that Jimi needed him to love him and at the end of Jimis life his father was basically just interested in the money and the inheritance that he was going to get. To sad to sad to have to read his life story and the last few pages just filled with legal issues on who was going to inherit what and who had claim to his legacy. He was truly a legend in his genius with music as well as his kind and giving soft heart. I will always admire him greatly. Very happy

Much Peace
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

WSaged
#16 Posted : 6/21/2009 8:22:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Axis/Bold As Love!!!!

Need I say more?
A whole lot of the crazy, "psychedelic" sounding special effects that have become commonplace in every digital FX processor available today, where invented during the sessions for this record!! (We can thank George Martin & the Beatles for most of the rest!!)
It actually had a lot to do with Jimi trying to recreate the sounds you hear when on LSD, in the recording!! That "Flanger" effect is a direct example of that!!

Those big-ass "Flanger" & "Phaser" effects at the end of Bold As Love, were created by someone accidentally leaning on the rim around the outside of a reel of 24-Track tape (the "flange" of the tape reel!) as it was playing back on one multi-track & being recorded on to another separate multi-track recorder!!
This caused the tape to stretch & warp across the playback head & causes that "airplane swishing" effect that you hear at the end of that song.

Now days, every single studio & guitar effects processor under the sun, has a half-ass digital version of this effect that can be dialed up & tweaked to "perfection".
But accidentally leaning on a tape machine was the mother of invention there & doing it that way, still provides the coolest & most organic sounding "Flanger"/"Phaser" effects, that are completely natural & random. Where the digital ones are a little too uniform & perfect.
But then of course, you gotta have a professional 24 track recorder to do that with...Wink

(Interesting side note: The WhaWha pedal for gtr, was invented in the same kind of Mother-of-Invention-style accident, during the sessions for "Disraeli Gears", by Creme!!)

The lyrics to Bold As Love are soooo beautiful as well!!
They are supposed to be about trying to describe color to a blind person by relating them to certain feelings & emotions. (check em out!)
He has such a beautiful, gentle way of saying it!!

Man...you just gotta love the way songs in the 60's still meant something real!!
Imagine Hendrix in today's music scene, all his songs would probably just be him, bragging about how great of a guitar player he is!Laughing Laughing
And instead of his tight-ass jazz/rock band behind him...there'd just be a drum machine.Rolling eyes
(Laughing Laughing boom...chick...boom, boom...chickLaughing :lolSmile

Love U Hendrix!!!
WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

breakMYhead
#17 Posted : 6/22/2009 6:14:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

reflexion wrote:
[quote=endlessness]
Quote:

same here Smile

amen brothers. the recording from the album of the same name is probably one of my favourite songs ever.
i post on behalf of a good friend.

MagikVenom
#18 Posted : 6/23/2009 3:28:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WS said
Quote:
Man...you just gotta love the way songs in the 60's still meant something real!!
Imagine Hendrix in today's music scene, all his songs would probably just be him, bragging about how great of a guitar player he is!
And instead of his tight-ass jazz/rock band behind him...there'd just be a drum machine.
( boom...chick...boom, boom...chick )

Yes my friend maybe things were ment to be as they are. I still am trying to figure it out. I missed the 60s but grew up with and LOVE the music. Maybe Im just a old fart but where are the "Anthems" that were once so common. Will anyone be listening to 80s 90s music forty years from now?

As Shannon Hoone said "I WONDER" he was another great who died in his twenties. I cant count the times I have sat up all night drinking by myself listening to Blind Mellon to me they captured the 60s vibe and reprossed it for the 90s. my musical opion.

M.V.

ohayoco
#19 Posted : 7/20/2009 1:30:12 PM
DMT-Nexus member

MagikVenom wrote:
Will anyone be listening to 80s 90s music forty years from now?

Yes! There are some great genuine "Anthems" from the 80s and 90s that I listen to now alongside that of the 60s such as Hendrix, Jefferson Airplane, Grateful Dead, Led Zepp and the Stones.

I would say for the 80s: Joy Division, New Order, maybe Dire Straits, maybe the Smiths, and maybe Sade... ok 80s is tough, it was a cheesey decade.

For the 90s: Smashing Pumpkins, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Primal Scream's Screamadelica, and Air. [EDIT: mustn't forget the Pixies and Pavement!!]

There was commercial rubbish in the 60s too, even within the 'psychedelic' movement... like the Byrds etc. I'm too young to know but I think the difference was that lots of people were taking LSD back then (getting "experienced"!) and that was a more positive influence than today's overbearing materialist society (a return to the materialism of the 50s?). Makes me wonder how things might change if DMT ever took off. There will always be a few insightful artists whatever the nature of the conventional culture... I think it's interesting how most of the best 80s music was kind of sad, as if all the good people were disaffected in that time of greed. (?) And the same disaffection was in the good 90s music... aside from on Screamadelica, which was obviously chemically inspired! Shame that e also made any old rubbish sound good Pleased

Jimi was amazing though, and timeless, people that talented don't come along often... it seems to be very hard to be both anthemic and musically credible!

"If you can just get your mind together
Uh-then come on across to me
Well hold hands and then well watch the sunrise
From the bottom of the sea
But first, are you experienced?
Uh-have you ever been experienced-uh?
Well, I have
(well) I know, I know, youll probably scream and cry
That your little world wont let you go
But who in your measly little world, (-uh)
Are you tryin to prove to that youre
Made out of gold and-uh, cant be sold
So-uh, are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced? (-uh)
Well, I have
Uh, let me prove it to you, yeah
Trumpets and violins I can-uh, hear in the distance
I think theyre callin our name
Maybe now you cant hear them,
But you will, ha-ha, if you just
Take hold of my hand
Ohhh, but are you experienced?
Have you ever been experienced?
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful."
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

MagikVenom
#20 Posted : 7/28/2009 5:46:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

123NEXT