We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
123NEXT
Impossibly high yield from first pull - 10.5g from 500g ACRB Options

TheHornedOne
#1 Posted : 1/27/2014 9:34:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM would post this in the relevant thread, but does not have privileges yet.

SWIM followed thick-light's tek exactly as posted here:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=39030

with a couple exceptions:

500ml naptha used for pull.
evap process is described below. initial evap wasn't working, so a freeze evap, then re-x, using evap precip was performed.

SWIM used 500g Hawaiian ACRB Removed
As of yet has only done ONE PULL.
This pull was re-x'd.
After re-x, weight of spice is over 10.5g!! That's 2%+ yield, from one pull.
Fluffy white crystals formed atop a more yellowish plaque, probably containing plant oils, NMT, etc. Second evap came out more yellow than first freeze evap. After initial extraction, nothing fell out of solution for 4+ hours of room temp evap precip, so SWIM placed vessel covered in freezer. A 1/4 inch wall immediately crystallized. After 24 hours, this vessel was drained and dried. Crystals remained soggy with solution, so a re-x was performed without any added naptha. Vessel was lightly heated in hot water bath to re-liquify. This was room temp evapped for a couple days, resulting in the 10.5g.

Freeze evap results:

liquify in heat bath, then evap precip results:

Thoughts?

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

arcologist
#2 Posted : 1/27/2014 9:50:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Nice results. Chances are the light-yellow material is mostly NMT. I have separated the DMT/NMT, and I can confirm that freebase NMT is a yellowish off-white color (but not as yellow as DMT N-oxide). You probably pulled so much on the first pull because of the large volume of solvent you used.

TheHornedOne
#3 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:08:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes. 10g is still a lot from 500g root bark. Will see how much is yielded from remaining pulls. Must have attained rather high quality bark. SWIM thought he must have really messed up based on the volume of this yield, but he just blasted off harder than he ever has on 27mg. Trip lasted for 10 solid minutes where it usually only lasts about 5. NMT or not, SWIM will live with these crystals as they are.

starway6
#4 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:09:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

arcologist wrote:
Nice results. Chances are the light-yellow material is mostly NMT. I have separated the DMT/NMT, and I can confirm that freebase NMT is a yellowish off-white color (but not as yellow as DMT N-oxide). You probably pulled so much on the first pull because of the large volume of solvent you used.

arcologist...
How did you seperate nmt from dmt ?
Was it the dry ice method i read about recently?
Does this mean you can isolate NN DMT from NMT DMT..the stuff in acacia confusa bark?
If so.. i want to learn this process!

TheHornedOne
#5 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:10:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
arcologist wrote:

arcologist...
Does this mean you can isolate NN DMT from NMT DMT..the stuff in acacia confusa bark?

seconded.

cyb
#6 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:20:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

It is very hard to tell what is NMT and what is DMT when you have crystals like that.
Only a TLC test could confirm it.

You have some great crystals there...Don't mess about with them anymore.
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

magic9
#7 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:46:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

man i was told by so many people that you cannot do one large pull.. and yet... it clearly works. Rolling eyes

starway6
#8 Posted : 1/27/2014 10:54:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

getting a little lazy i decieded to just evaporate my acrb goo because i think its the same material as pretty crystals..
In my photos below i just dumped two acrb napatha pulls in this pyrex dish and evaporated it..
In photos below .. [red plastic tray below the dish] you can see the waxy extract and some yellowing...
Does the yellowing look like tannans ?..
Much of the drying extract is a hazy clear looking stuff with crystals slowly trying to develope..
Notice upper left corner of dish the paterns look diferent..are those crystals trying to develope?

HOW many days..or weeks...does it take this acrb goo to fully dry so it can be scraped up and weighed ..
what is the yellow stuff?
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08028.JPG (3,131kb) downloaded 479 time(s).
DSC08029.JPG (3,244kb) downloaded 475 time(s).
DSC08030.JPG (3,168kb) downloaded 471 time(s).
DSC08031.JPG (3,139kb) downloaded 465 time(s).
DSC08032.JPG (3,312kb) downloaded 465 time(s).

DocAdams
#9 Posted : 1/27/2014 11:38:52 PM

One existence

Beautiful results.

arcologist
#10 Posted : 1/27/2014 11:42:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:

arcologist...

Yes, that's what I used, and it does indeed work. Read more here. NMT can be a pain to work with though because it is not very soluble in naphtha, necessitating using xylene if you want to get it all.

magic9
#11 Posted : 1/28/2014 12:17:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:
getting a little lazy i decieded to just evaporate my acrb goo because i think its the same material as pretty crystals..
In my photos below i just dumped two acrb napatha pulls in this pyrex dish and evaporated it..
In photos below .. [red plastic tray below the dish] you can see the waxy extract and some yellowing...
Does the yellowing look like tannans ?..
Much of the drying extract is a hazy clear looking stuff with crystals slowly trying to develope..
Notice upper left corner of dish the paterns look diferent..are those crystals trying to develope?

HOW many days..or weeks...does it take this acrb goo to fully dry so it can be scraped up and weighed ..
what is the yellow stuff?

just scrape it up now. then spread it back out and let it sit for 20 mins. do this a few times over an hour. It hardens up for me when ever i do this.

starway6
#12 Posted : 1/28/2014 12:53:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

If you notice the waves in evaporation dish it was because i used a high speep computer fan just two inches above the napatha ..causing the napatha to dry ..[very fast].. leaving the wavy marks as it dryed..

Just wanted to get the napatha dryed fast..[dont like the smell]...

Is the yellow color ok..????

i was very carefull to alow compleate seperation of napatha from base..

Thanks for response...!

TheSacredTree
#13 Posted : 1/28/2014 2:05:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Those are some great looking crystals OP.
"If the words ‘life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness’ don’t include the right to experiment with your own
consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn’t worth the hemp it was written on.”
-Terence McKenna

Entheogenerator
#14 Posted : 1/28/2014 3:00:35 AM

Homo discens

starway6 wrote:
If you notice the waves in evaporation dish it was because i used a high speep computer fan just two inches above the napatha ..causing the napatha to dry ..[very fast].. leaving the wavy marks as it dryed..

Just wanted to get the napatha dryed fast..[dont like the smell]...

Is the yellow color ok..????

i was very carefull to alow compleate seperation of napatha from base..

Thanks for response...!

Many people end up with a yellow color to their DMT/NMT mixture. It should be fine, but a re-x wouldn't hurt if you're really worried about it.

I would really recommend evaporating your naphtha pulls in a space that has adequate ventilation. If you can smell the naphtha, then you are most likely inhaling naphtha vapors which can be harmful.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

HumbleTraveler
#15 Posted : 1/28/2014 4:04:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thats incredibleeeee. Smoalk all of the xtals. The first picture of the bowl I would have fallen over if I opened my freezer and saw that.

As for the goo, how long it takes to harden depends greatly on humidity of the environment. Cooler temps help too.
"A troop of elves smashes down your front door and rotates and balances the wheels on the after death vehicle, present you with the bill and then depart. And it's completely paradigm shattering. I mean, ya know, union with the white light you could handle. An invasion of your apartment by jeweled self dribbling basketballs from hyperspace that are speaking in demonic Greek is NOT something that you anticipated and could handle!' -T.M.

The posts and stories by this member are simply for fictional entertainment purposes only and do not reflect any 'real life' occurrences.
Smile

core
#16 Posted : 1/28/2014 4:50:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wowzers! nice work

starway6
#17 Posted : 1/28/2014 4:48:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Many people end up with a yellow color to their DMT/NMT mixture. It should be fine, but a re-x wouldn't hurt if you're really worried about it.

I would really recommend evaporating your naphtha pulls in a space that has adequate ventilation. If you can smell the naphtha, then you are most likely inhaling naphtha vapors which can be harmful.[/quote]

Yes..I had plenty of ventilation when evaporating...
I couldent beleive that this stuff in photos above would dry.. but i followed advice to swab up the stuff and spred it back on glass dish and it seems to be drying quite well although still a little oily..
It seems to take on a light orange or light yellow color and right now feels like half dryed wood putty..
photos below..
starway6 attached the following image(s):
DSC08034.JPG (2,658kb) downloaded 362 time(s).
DSC08036.JPG (3,088kb) downloaded 361 time(s).

Bob Dylan
#18 Posted : 1/28/2014 5:05:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

starway6 wrote:

I would really recommend evaporating your naphtha pulls in a space that has adequate ventilation. If you can smell the naphtha, then you are most likely inhaling naphtha vapors which can be harmful.

Yes..I had plenty of ventilation when evaporating...
I couldent beleive that this stuff in photos above would dry.. but i followed advice to swab up the stuff and spred it back on glass dish and it seems to be drying quite well although still a little oily..
It seems to take on a light orange or light yellow color and right now feels like half dryed wood putty..
photos below.. [/quote]

I was told by an experienced nexus member that the yellow will often happen when you let it sit too long. it begins pulling out plant oils. sorry if someone already mentioned that and i missed it. Much love Drool

Bob Dylan
#19 Posted : 1/28/2014 5:07:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Will you post your second pull Smile

starway6
#20 Posted : 1/28/2014 5:48:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bob Dylan wrote:
Will you post your second pull Smile

This is my second pull from 200grms acrb i expect more to come..

123NEXT