We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Calliandra haematocephala info please? Options

downwardsfromzero
#1 Posted : 1/27/2014 3:50:22 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Does anyone here have any information regarding the properties and constituent compounds of Calliandra haematocephala, also known as 'Cabeza de angel' or 'Powder Puff Tree'.
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
DSC00030.JPG (468kb) downloaded 150 time(s).

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Pharmacognosis
#2 Posted : 2/11/2014 9:44:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would do some research on Calliandra angustifolia, known as Bobinsana. It is an ayahuasca admixture and there is extensive information about it about. It has MAOI properties and possibly DMT as it is said to be used "interchangeably" with Chacruna in ayahuasca brews. There is a thread here with all the known info on this related species, which likely shares similar biochemistry to Calliandra haematocephala.

Moderator wrote:
Vendor information removed.

________________________________________________________________________________________________
a mind is made of words
words are made of fear

downwardsfromzero
#3 Posted : 2/15/2014 4:07:13 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to plug along by myself then!

Could be a case for TLC. MAOI's in C. angustifolia? Hmmm...

Are any Calliandras toxic? But then... "interchangeable" with Chacruna... Wow.

Does anyone else find that plants actually talk to them (even when 'sober' )?

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 2/15/2014 4:30:02 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

C. angustifolia:

"Pharmacology:The chemical constituents in bobinsana are not well documented. It is believed to contain harmala alkaloids, amino acids, cyanogenic glycosides, flavonoids, tannins, saponins, and sterols. Two studies reports the presence of several pipecolic acids.

In the Amazon, the Indians of the Rio Pastaza consider bobinsana to be a stimulant. The Shipibo-Conibo Indians in the Ucayali area of Peru call the tree semein and prepare a bark tincture for rheumatism, arthritis, colds, uterine disorders, and edema (or water retention). The indigenous people and tribes in the Madre de Dios region of the Peruvian Amazon prepare a bark tincture (with aguardiente) for bone pain, arthritis, rheumatism, and colds. "

(from a vendor's website, so I don't want to post the link here, and anyhow they've sold out of it.)

Mandukeya
#5 Posted : 4/3/2015 7:27:13 PM

Shamanic Engineer

The shamans I worked with both added branches with leaves of Bobinsana to their ayahuasca and made a delicious alcohol+wild honey extract which was drunk in a separate cermony as well as doing dietas with it.

According to them it is used as a heart opener. I could personally not distinguish the effects from the alcohol it was extracted in and the setting it was taken in but all participants in the bobinsana cermony had a lovely time Smile

A person I spoke to who dieted bobinsana reported feeling blissful love to everything during/after this dieta.

At some point I will add some leaves I have to a changa blend and report back.

downwardsfromzero
#6 Posted : 4/22/2015 12:51:48 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Nice info, thanks!

The C. haematocephala I know has a lovely vibe to it. I wonder if there are any parallels with the C. angustifolia (Bobinsana)? Another one for the tincture list...