We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
«PREV23456NEXT»
SWIM's PF Tek Progression Options

Archmage
#61 Posted : 2/26/2014 7:47:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Cool Cool Day 41Cool Cool
Archmage attached the following image(s):
Day 41 (1).JPG (2,129kb) downloaded 302 time(s).
Day 41 (3).JPG (1,774kb) downloaded 303 time(s).
Day 41 (4).JPG (1,658kb) downloaded 302 time(s).
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Entheogenerator
#62 Posted : 2/26/2014 8:26:27 PM

Homo discens

Those are some nice-lookin' little babies you got there! I don't know why but this makes me really happy, even though they aren't my own babies! Laughing
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Archmage
#63 Posted : 2/26/2014 9:12:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Entheogenerator wrote:
Those are some nice-lookin' little babies you got there! I don't know why but this makes me really happy, even though they aren't my own babies! Laughing

I know - aren't they all... perdy... and snuggly? You just want to nuzzle em!!!!
-=Archmage=-

..."We are caged by our cultural programming. Culture is a mass hallucination, and when you step outside the mass hallucination you see it for what it’s worth. You are a divine being. You matter, you count. You come from realms of unimaginable power and light, and you will return to those realms."

Archmage
#64 Posted : 2/27/2014 5:09:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Day 42Thumbs up
Day 42 (1).JPG (2,085kb) downloaded 268 time(s).
Day 42 (2).JPG (1,851kb) downloaded 267 time(s).
Day 42 (3).JPG (1,885kb) downloaded 267 time(s).
Day 42 (4).JPG (1,770kb) downloaded 268 time(s).
Day 42 (5).JPG (2,041kb) downloaded 267 time(s).
-=Archmage=-

Entheogenerator
#65 Posted : 2/27/2014 7:28:49 PM

Homo discens

Drool
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Kash
#66 Posted : 2/28/2014 3:15:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Wow, those are looking amazing nice work! Sorry if this has been asked already but what mushroom strain is that?
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Archmage
#67 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:32:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Wow, those are looking amazing nice work! Sorry if this has been asked already but what mushroom strain is that?

Hey Kash,

Thanks for the compliment. Big grin

Both are psilocybe cubensis.

One strain is Hawaiian. The other is psilocybe fanaticus.

I don't know which is which anymore after the dunk.

-=Archmage=-

infinitynlove
#68 Posted : 2/28/2014 7:53:06 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Lookin Good budy!

FAE = Fresh air exchange, its the biggest pinning factor of all...

if you are noticing bluing on your cakes and you have shrooms mainly coming from the bottom of the cakes and there is more water there than in other areas, then your cakes may be a little dry

its the evaporation of water from the mycelium surface, hence why one dunks and roles in verm, that encourages pinning... if you have lots of FAE then your cakes might be drying out a bit at the top and the water is running down to the bottom which means they are more likley to pin from the bottom, easy fix, spray / mist a little more...

Also when you place your cakes on foil, put a bit of fresh, sterile, wet verm on the foil then place the cake on it, it acts like a water reservoir for the cakes to draw from, which aids in slowing down drying.

You can literally drench your cakes when spraying BUT only before they start to pin, once they start to pin, I have found to much water can make the pins abort and then the heads rot and turn black and stop growing.

I literally spray each cake separately trying to avoid getting the pins too wet.

If you have good FAE there will always be some drying of a cake, but the verm you rolled them in, can hold quite a bit of water, so keeping the outside verm moist offsets the rate of dehydration.

Great progress so far...

keeping your fruiting conditions perfect can be quite a challenge, but getting things close enough is often all that is needed to get an above average flush.

Also if your cakes don't flush that much the first time, its safe to say they still have nutrients left that will be used in further flushes, I have found heavy flushing cakes don't flush as heavy on flush no 3 and onwards, but cakes that flush less on the first flush, seems to be more consistent on later flushes.

Keep up the good work!

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Archmage
#69 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:17:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

infinitynlove wrote:
Lookin Good budy!

FAE = Fresh air exchange, its the biggest pinning factor of all...

if you are noticing bluing on your cakes and you have shrooms mainly coming from the bottom of the cakes and there is more water there than in other areas, then your cakes may be a little dry

its the evaporation of water from the mycelium surface, hence why one dunks and roles in verm, that encourages pinning... if you have lots of FAE then your cakes might be drying out a bit at the top and the water is running down to the bottom which means they are more likley to pin from the bottom, easy fix, spray / mist a little more...

Also when you place your cakes on foil, put a bit of fresh, sterile, wet verm on the foil then place the cake on it, it acts like a water reservoir for the cakes to draw from, which aids in slowing down drying.

You can literally drench your cakes when spraying BUT only before they start to pin, once they start to pin, I have found to much water can make the pins abort and then the heads rot and turn black and stop growing.

I literally spray each cake separately trying to avoid getting the pins too wet.

If you have good FAE there will always be some drying of a cake, but the verm you rolled them in, can hold quite a bit of water, so keeping the outside verm moist offsets the rate of dehydration.

Great progress so far...

keeping your fruiting conditions perfect can be quite a challenge, but getting things close enough is often all that is needed to get an above average flush.

Also if your cakes don't flush that much the first time, its safe to say they still have nutrients left that will be used in further flushes, I have found heavy flushing cakes don't flush as heavy on flush no 3 and onwards, but cakes that flush less on the first flush, seems to be more consistent on later flushes.

Keep up the good work!

Peace

Infinity, Kash, and anyone else who has made suggestions / comments - I just wanted to thank you all for your help.

It's amazing to me to see a community like this come together and help the little guys...

Stay tuned for todays pics. I'm posting them shortly.

-=Archmage=-

Archmage
#70 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:20:33 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Day 43!

They're like exploding! Some of it's a little overwhelming... and I come back like an hour later and notice significant growth!

Cool Cool Cool Cool
Day 43 (1).JPG (1,898kb) downloaded 228 time(s).
Day 43 (2).JPG (1,914kb) downloaded 227 time(s).
Day 43 (3).JPG (1,979kb) downloaded 227 time(s).
Day 43 (4).JPG (1,936kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
Day 43 (5).JPG (1,730kb) downloaded 225 time(s).
Day 43 (6).JPG (1,715kb) downloaded 224 time(s).
-=Archmage=-

Entheogenerator
#71 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:45:03 PM

Homo discens

Gimme! Love

Mr.Peabody
#72 Posted : 2/28/2014 6:48:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is the best part of the whole operation. All of that hard park and patience has paid off, and it's so cool to watch those bad boys grow!

Good job, they look very magical!
Be an adult only when necessary.

Mister_Niles
#73 Posted : 2/28/2014 10:43:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent!
Are you going to make some spore prints?
Welcome Home Mister_Niles. We've Been Waiting For You.

"Don't worry. When it happens, you won't be able to not let it do its thing. You won't have the ability to distinguish a pen from a hippopotamus"
- Art Van D'lay

Kash
#74 Posted : 2/28/2014 11:37:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Man those look tastey, what a great yeild. Can SWIM extract them plzzzzzzz? Razz Twisted Evil
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Du57mi73
#75 Posted : 3/1/2014 12:37:13 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You now have the envy of the Nexus. Smile We're all getting hungry.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

infinitynlove
#76 Posted : 3/1/2014 4:30:29 AM

Mushroom Explorer

Awesome flush!

Your going to be a very happy man Smile

Great Job!

I always wonder why some cakes flush several days earlier that others, when they are all birthed and dunked at the same time?

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Archmage
#77 Posted : 3/1/2014 7:14:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mr.Peabody wrote:
This is the best part of the whole operation. All of that hard park and patience has paid off, and it's so cool to watch those bad boys grow!

Good job, they look very magical!

It's absolutely ridiculous how fast they're growing.

When I went to work this morning, the one cake was only and inch of so tall. When I got home, the largest shroom in that cake was like 3-5" tall and all the veils had ripped and all the shrooms were ready to be harvested on that particular cake.

I pulled a large dinner plate's worth, hit them with a fan on low for 4 hours then staged them on a grate above some desiccant in a dark salad bowl in the fridge. Should be ready for storage when I get back at the end of the weekend.
-=Archmage=-

Archmage
#78 Posted : 3/1/2014 7:15:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Kash wrote:
Man those look tastey, what a great yeild. Can SWIM extract them plzzzzzzz? Razz Twisted Evil

I'm excited and nervous at the same time.

My wife can't wait to trip. She's never had shrooms before, but has had several other psychedelics and loves tripping.

-=Archmage=-

Archmage
#79 Posted : 3/1/2014 7:16:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:
You now have the envy of the Nexus. Smile We're all getting hungry.

It is an absolute blast growing, extracting, telkking, etc.

-=Archmage=-

Archmage
#80 Posted : 3/1/2014 7:17:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mister_Niles wrote:
Excellent!
Are you going to make some spore prints?

Spore prints are very high in the to do list.

I just need to catch a cap before the veil tears. Easier said than done.

-=Archmage=-

«PREV23456NEXT»