We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
physical manifestations from the visionary realms functional art Options

Doodazzle
#1 Posted : 1/21/2014 2:15:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Future Chapel of Sacred Mirrors

This one's a bit down the road--coming up sooner, CoSM will be completing this one:

Called entheon--not as grand as the chapel. Built over/within the husk of a pre-existing building, this one is more warm up for the truly impressive chapel, which shall be the usa's premiere psychedelic temple.

Some contemporary stone work, where the walls seem to be melting or flowing:

And some classic stuff right here, from saint magus cathedral in scottland:

And Damanhur

https://secure.cosm.org/...es/Damanhur_temple_1.jpg" alt=""/>

I'm starting this thread in response to something Alex Grey once said, in reference to the future chapel--he claims an angel (or an angelic voice) called it "direct manifestation of physical object from the visionary realms"--or something to that effect. So yeah, we all love visionary art, so I thought I'd share some physical manifestations, solid real-world objects. I'm especially interested in sculptures, functional art and buildings which are, or seem to be, inspired by entheogenic experiences.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Guyomech
#2 Posted : 1/21/2014 4:17:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Then you'll probably really enjoy this thread:
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...&m=432894#post432894

Thanks for posting, I really like the fluid stonework.

And for anyone interested, here's the guyomech/ Alex Grey Entheon interview: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNifcRoRLl0

Doodazzle
#3 Posted : 1/21/2014 8:28:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

yes, I do enjoy that thread Smile I might have to change this threads title....I'm feeling rather inspired by any physical manifestations. Functional art, sculpture, land art. Cathedrals are of course an endless source for that kind of stuff.

Great talk with Alex. Even better because the kickstarter you were helping him promote succeeded.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

Guyomech
#4 Posted : 1/21/2014 9:15:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Oil painting, Acrylic painting, Digital and multimedia art, Trip integration

Doodazzle
#5 Posted : 1/22/2014 2:13:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup. Very familiar with his work, got his books, seen his movie--hear his name every single time I mention land art, earth work or rock balancing Smile. I like his ephemeral stuff.

Guyomech
#6 Posted : 1/22/2014 10:10:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The melting snowballs and the stick throws are great, beautiful chaos patterns that last only a moment.

Doodazzle
#7 Posted : 1/28/2014 2:14:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

88 year old woman creates hyperspace info-spheres:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nanaakua/3624146114/in/set-72157617114284128