We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dunk Tek: added nutrients? Options

smri
#1 Posted : 1/14/2014 4:21:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Would adding a small bit of a vita/hormone solution for plants, say SuperThrive, add any benefits to the grow? Assuming the solution is very diluted it should increase the grow yes?

For example, add a couple drops of SuperThrive to a gallon of spring water.
Dunk the cakes.
Then either roll in vermic or proceed accordingly to whatever tek.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

infinitynlove
#2 Posted : 1/14/2014 9:09:06 PM

Mushroom Explorer

WARMING! Dunking a flushed cake in any nutrient rich solution will increase the chances of it becoming contaminated.

Hi there

super thrive? no not really, super thrive is a hormonal and vitamin (mainly vit b) supplement, it is great for plants but not so great for fungi.

A great thing you could do (i have done this and it works), if you want to give your cakes some additional nutrition when you dunk then, is dunk them in horse manure water.

You can get horse manure from any horse stables for FREE, they are everywhere, google horse stables in your area and you will find several of them, go there, ask for free horse manure and they will let you take as much as you like, they normally have to pay for it to be taken away!

So get an amount of horse manure, say enough to half fill a 10 gallon bucket, fill the bucket with water about 2-4 inches above the horse manure, give it a good 10 mins stir (ideally do this outside for odor reasons) let it sit for a day, stir, let it sit for another day, stir ... 2-3 days will leach out most of the available nutrients, this process is called steeping.

Strain out all the manure with a sieve, so you just have the manure water left.

Place all of steeped water in a pan (again this is best done outside for odor reasons) and heat up to 140f to 170f, do not go higher than 170f as you will start to sterilize the steeped manure water, we are just pasteurizing it, put a desk fan blowing on to the water and keep the heat constant, reduce the manure water down until you have just enough to cover your cakes. ensure that this process takes at least 60 mins so the manure water is properly pasteurized.

let cool, dunk your cakes in this mold resistant, pasteurized horse manure water for 12 - 24 hours, and then place back in your FC.

if they don't get contaminated, which they shouldn't, you should get a noticeable increase in your flush as apposed to cakes dunked in plain water.

I hope this helps Smile

if you are not interested in using horse manure, you could read CH hell's post on the shroomery regarding additives CH hells additives

Maybe there is something in his / her post that you could use instead of horse manure.

Peace
I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

Parshvik Chintan
#3 Posted : 1/14/2014 9:13:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fungi aren't plants and i don't think fertilizers will help.

something that might help would be honey, as it has carbohydrates (mushroom food) and some anti-microbial properties (to help prevent contam)
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

infinitynlove
#4 Posted : 1/14/2014 10:25:00 PM

Mushroom Explorer

Parshvik Chintan wrote:
fungi aren't plants and i don't think fertilizers will help.

something that might help would be honey, as it has carbohydrates (mushroom food) and some anti-microbial properties (to help prevent contam)

it would help, but it doesn't contain much of the other nutrients that fungi love.

Nitrogen and calcium sulfate (gypsum) are some of the most important nutrient for mushrooms.

Hpoo is full of nitrogen, its also full of phosphorus, potassium and sulfur, you can always supplement steeped hpoo water with some gypsum / drywall and honey before you sterilize.

Gypsum and Honey supplemented pasteurized hpoo water, would be perfect.

best of luck

Peace

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention in fact everything I write here is a lie !

I hope in some way, my posts and replies may of helped you, I hope you like what I have said here if not feel free to send me a none flame PM

smri
#5 Posted : 1/17/2014 3:59:30 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Awesome information and links. I will post my procedure soon!