We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
Shrooms + Datura Seeds? Options

ibeing897
#21 Posted : 3/19/2010 1:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

had shrooms datura and mescaline at the weekend a few times, was great, very LSD like, no nausea at all, not even any queasiness
all posts are fictional

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

Ginkgo
#22 Posted : 3/19/2010 1:29:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I, on the contrary, get more stomach discomfort with D. stramonium seeds than without. They seem to shut down my digestive system, and I get LOTS of gas as a result. It is not very nice... Think I am going to try and use Mandrake instead.

benzyme
#23 Posted : 3/19/2010 2:38:10 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

shrooms + aniracetam, a 5HT2A allosteric modulator, for the win.

it intensifies the effects, as opposed to MAOIs, which prolong the effects.
and d. stromonium seeds just add a different effect altogether, giving the sensation that synergy is occurring.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

69ron
#24 Posted : 3/19/2010 7:18:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
I, on the contrary, get more stomach discomfort with D. stramonium seeds than without. They seem to shut down my digestive system, and I get LOTS of gas as a result. It is not very nice... Think I am going to try and use Mandrake instead.

You might want to try using Atropa belladonna seeds. Unlike Datura stramonium seeds, Atropa belladonna seeds contain almost no scopolamine at all. Datura stramonium seeds are mostly hyoscyamine, but contain enough scopolamine for it to have some effect. Datura inoxia contain scopolamine almost exclusively.

If scopolamine is the cause of the stomach discomfort, Atropa belladonna seeds should be the way to go for you. But maybe it's something else in Datura stramonium causing the stomach discomfort.

Look at this
Quote:
In the leaves of the Atropa belladonna the alkaloid contents were reported to be 0.4% in the leaves, 0.5% in the roots and 0.8% in the seeds.

The seeds are slightly more potent than Datura stramonium seeds by weight. You want to use about 20 mg of Atropa belladonna seeds to equal about 3 Datura stramonium seeds.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

jamie
#25 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:31:10 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

the fact that they slow down digestion is a HUGE turn off to me..I def dont want that.
Long live the unwoke.

69ron
#26 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:48:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory, do you know if its hyoscyamine or scopolamine or both that's causing the discomfort? Have you tried Datura inoxia (contains scopolamine almost exclusively), and if so, does that also cause stomach discomfort?

All of the tropane alkaloids slow down digestion, that’s why they work to prevent nausea from psychedelics. I think scopolamine has this effect to the least amount, but is however better for motion sickness, so it should be more effective in combating the nausea of B. caapi and P. harmala, which is more of a motion sickness type of nausea.

Mescaline, LSD, psilocybin, etc., cause nausea by over-stimulating digestion via serotonin sites in the body, and that kind of nausea is relieved well with hyoscyamine or Dramamine which work by the same action.

You might just want to try a lower dose of Datura stramonium or Atropa belladonna seeds, in the range of 5-9 mg of seed. It could be you're just overly sensitive to the tropane alkaloids.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

arimane
#27 Posted : 3/19/2010 10:46:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has done 3gr cubensis with 4 d. stramonium seeds, and well, it is a nice combo indeed.
I don't know if the seeds emproved the effect, maybe on the visual part slightly, but surely didn't had nausea or body discomfort at all.
Bad, bad english

Ginkgo
#28 Posted : 3/19/2010 10:59:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
Look at this
Quote:
In the leaves of the Atropa belladonna the alkaloid contents were reported to be 0.4% in the leaves, 0.5% in the roots and 0.8% in the seeds.

The seeds are slightly more potent than Datura stramonium seeds by weight. You want to use about 20 mg of Atropa belladonna seeds to equal about 3 Datura stramonium seeds.

Wow, thanks man! That really is interesting - I have been looking for other options high in hyoscyamine for a while. I have no idea if scopolamine is the reason behind my problems, or perhaps something completely else in the seeds, but I can easy check that with trying a few different varieties with these alkaloids. I will definitely try A. belladonna and report back, thanks again!

Do you by any chance have the raw data that you refer to with your dosage advice? I'm a sucker for facts... Pleased

69ron
#29 Posted : 3/20/2010 12:26:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
69ron wrote:
Look at this
Quote:

Wow, thanks man! That really is interesting - I have been looking for other options high in hyoscyamine for a while. I have no idea if scopolamine is the reason behind my problems, or perhaps something completely else in the seeds, but I can easy check that with trying a few different varieties with these alkaloids. I will definitely try A. belladonna and report back, thanks again!

Do you by any chance have the raw data that you refer to with your dosage advice? I'm a sucker for facts... Pleased

The source for the belladonna alkaloid content was from a supplier. I'm not sure if I should post their link.

Colour Atlas of Poisonous Plants, by Dietrich and Pfander gives the following alkaloid contents:

Atropa belladonna
Leaves: 0.5
Seeds: 0.8
Fruit: 0.65
Root: 0.85
Flowers: 0.4

Datura stramonium
Leaves: 0.38
Seeds: 0.58
Fruit: 0.66
Root: 0.23
Flowers: 0.61

69ron
#30 Posted : 3/20/2010 12:45:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

You might want to also look at this paper. It shows 87.6% hyoscyamine and only 1.9% scopolamine in the leaves of Atropa belladonna.

Ginkgo
#31 Posted : 3/20/2010 12:57:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great, thanks mate! Do you by any chance have any information on Mandrake? It is mainly hyoscyamine, right? I will for sure explore these wonderful plants (in extremely low doses, of course) in order to find one that suits me and everyone else where D. stramonium doesn't work as intended.

69ron
#32 Posted : 3/20/2010 1:09:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sorry, I don't have good reliable information on Mandragora officinarum. There's a serious lack of studies on it. Some say it’s primarily hyoscyamine, but others say it’s a mix of scopolamine and hyoscyamine. So I’m not sure what to say about it. I'll keep looking for good data on this plant. If I find anything, I'll post an update.

damiana
#33 Posted : 3/21/2010 12:38:58 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Wow thanks all, SWIM recently tried piracetam and shrooms and had a great time. Very good combination. Next he will try aniracetam.
PEACE

PREV12