We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
Shrooms + Datura Seeds? Options

kjb1891
#1 Posted : 6/17/2009 11:00:19 PM
DMT-Nexus member

SWIM has been reading about the use of datura seeds in combination with mescaline or other psychoactives to enhance or potentiate the experience. Does anyone know of any experimentation of datura seeds with shrooms at all?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

psychosisdoses
#2 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:08:24 AM

Derek

i have used them with acetylpsilocin with good results.. eases the nausea an jitters somewhat while also making it more visual... i only chew between 2-4 seeds of the jimson weed varity

id imagine itd work nicely with shrooms
try it
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Dwhitty76
#3 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:20:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

This is also of interest to me. Since 69ron made the recommendation of datura w/ mescaline at low doses and the effects he described......i think swim might have to do some experimenting.

Datura seeds and jimson weed alway's scared me because of all the stories but i'm assuming 3-5 seeds is well below the "danger zone".
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Infinite I
#4 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:42:26 AM

JC

Was thinking that very thing today when swim tried about 1.3 dried grams of ecuadorian cubensis with 3 datura stramonium seeds, he chewed them just after he swallowed the shrooms.

In the past 1-2 grams have hardly done anything with the same batch, mild really, but with the 3 seeds chewed it seemed to be a lot stronger today, he hasnt took any in a while. Hes took the seeds maybe five times in the last couple of weeks, always three with hbws and morning glory, but the lsa seeds have been bunk, so you cant really go with that, but swims never felt any dry mouth etc. with the datura seeds so hes thinking the lsa seeds are bunk and not the datura because today there was defo a great potentiation Wink he was worried he wouldnt have enough but it went great, whereas last week he took roughly the same and it was a third of the strenght.

He didnt have as heavy a physical feeling when they were coming up so it did help with nausea, something that puts him off the mushys sometimes, it seemed to past quite quickly too, then go into the good stuff!

Could work for you whitty when you were saying something for festivals, or was it to dance? I forget, but mescaline at low doses sounds great for social situations, the high I had today was strong and handled well physically and mentally, definately changed it for the better! Smile

EDIT: Swim chewed half a dose of khat today so that would account for some potentiation, so it isnt a true bioessay! Sorry! Confused Embarrased

kjb1891
#5 Posted : 6/18/2009 1:15:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hey if it can potentiate the experience while reducing anxiety and nausea feelings during the come up phase that's great!

psychosisdoses
#6 Posted : 6/18/2009 1:50:39 AM

Derek

kjb1891 wrote:
Hey if it can potentiate the experience while reducing anxiety and nausea feelings during the come up phase that's great!

thats precisely what datura seeds seem to do Smile
"once youve locked yourself into a serious drug collection the tendency is to push it as far as you can..." - hunter s. thompson

~~~~~~~~...You are me and i am you, i will always be with you...~~~~~~~~IAmUsWeYouMe~~~~~~~~
‹maxzar100› YOU are like acid
‹mattimus› dosesdosingdoses

Infinite I
#7 Posted : 6/18/2009 1:54:00 AM

JC

Its what its used for with motion sickness tablets and has been used to potentiate acid so it makes perfect sense, it was stronger and the physical effects didnt seem to be as strong, could have been the situation and small khat dose, either way it was a better expereince and swim will be experimenting more with the combo! Wink

Dwhitty76
#8 Posted : 6/18/2009 1:59:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey...Infinite ! it's been a while. How are the reptilians treating you these day's?
It's Good to see you. Very happy
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

Infinite I
#9 Posted : 6/18/2009 2:10:44 AM

JC

Good to see you too brother, always a pleasure, their treating me with infinit love like always, I just didnt realise it! Wink Very happy

kjb1891
#10 Posted : 6/18/2009 4:37:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I remember 69ron saying that euphoria was the most added effect to the experience with mescaline. Would you say that the seeds seem to make the buzz more euphoric at all?

Infinite I
#11 Posted : 6/18/2009 12:53:01 PM

JC

Swim wouldnt say so, as he said it definately seemed stronger because that dose is usually very mild for him but it wasnt a total change from normal just stronger, swim will ask his friend who took the same if he noticed a change in the trip, maybe it did have a different vibe but it was subtle, he cant be sure but hes sure of the potentiation!

69ron
#12 Posted : 6/18/2009 5:49:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This is one combination SWIM is looking forward to in the future.

I think what I really like about using a few Datura stramonium seeds to potentiate the effects of other psychedelics is that it doesn’t really color up the trip much. This has been his experience so far with mescaline, bufotenine, and LSA. The amount used is so small that it does nothing on it’s own. But it somehow expands the effects of these psychedelics.

With LSA it makes the visuals stronger and more colorful, makes the euphoria stronger, and somehow makes the experience more like LSD without clouding up the experience in any way. Plus it settles the stomach. The potentiation seems to depend a lot on the dose of LSA used. The smaller the LSA dose, the stronger the potentiation.

SWIM found that with LSA he can use a small dose that does nothing at all, but when used with the seeds he gets very decent visuals. SWIM found the same to be true with mescaline where 25 mg was about as strong as 100 mg when used with the 3 seeds. 25 mg does nothing at all for SWIM without the 3 seeds. With 75 mg of mescaline, it as strong as 150 mg, with better visual effects and more euphoria.

With sublingual bufotenine, which is a very close relative of psilocin, SWIM found the 3 seeds extends the trip at least 2x, makes the visuals stronger, increases the euphoria felt, and very effectively settles the stomach.

These seeds seem to almost always increase the visual effects, bringing more color to them.

Unlike using harmine/harmaline/THH as potentiators, the trip is not altered that much. Mostly just elements of the psychedelic used are increased (visuals, euphoria) or decreased (anxiety, stomach distress), but little is actually added to the experience by the seeds.

The amount of hyoscyamine in 3 seeds is typically just 70 micrograms (but could be as high as 210 micrograms if the seeds are super large and super potent). Hyoscyamine doses used medicinally are typically between 400-800 micrograms. For psychoactive effects you need in excess of 1500 micrograms of hyoscyamine (the maximum recommended safe dose) so this 3 seed dose used is way below the psychoactive dose of hyoscyamine.

Does anyone have any idea how hyoscyamine (the main active alkaloid in the seeds) works to potentiate the effects of psychedelics at such incredibly low non-psychoactive doses?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

kjb1891
#13 Posted : 6/18/2009 10:04:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Maybe it's not only hyoscyamine but the combination of hyoscyamine, atropine, scopolamine, and any other alkaloids that may be present in the seeds that cause this effect.

polytrip
#14 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:11:11 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
It's realy strange. All i can find on tropanes is that they are anticholinergic wich cannot be the cause for it's potentiating effect. If that would be the case than you would expect everything that increases levels of acetylcholine in the brain to decrease the effects of peychedelics. I don't have experience with substances that are cholinergic but on this forum i read claims that cholinergic substances increase psychedelic effects.
So both an increase of acetylcholine in the brain, as these substances that are very potent anticholinergics have an enhancing effect on visuals and psychedelic effects....

69ron
#15 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:38:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

kjb1891 wrote:
Maybe it's not only hyoscyamine but the combination of hyoscyamine, atropine, scopolamine, and any other alkaloids that may be present in the seeds that cause this effect.

The seeds are 80% hyoscyamine. It's by far the major alkaloid. The other alkaloids might contribute a tiny bit to it, but I'm sure its hyoscyamine that's mostly responsible for this.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

69ron
#16 Posted : 6/19/2009 10:40:57 PM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
It's realy strange. All i can find on tropanes is that they are anticholinergic wich cannot be the cause for it's potentiating effect. If that would be the case than you would expect everything that increases levels of acetylcholine in the brain to decrease the effects of peychedelics. I don't have experience with substances that are cholinergic but on this forum i read claims that cholinergic substances increase psychedelic effects.
So both an increase of acetylcholine in the brain, as these substances that are very potent anticholinergics have an enhancing effect on visuals and psychedelic effects....

It's well documented that the tropane alkaloids atropine, scopolamine, and hyoscyamine all increase the effectiveness of psychedelics as well as many other types of drugs. I've not seen how it works explained though.

Kannamate
#17 Posted : 6/20/2009 2:37:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

69ron wrote:
kjb1891 wrote:

The seeds are 80% hyoscyamine. It's by far the major alkaloid. The other alkaloids might contribute a tiny bit to it, but I'm sure its hyoscyamine that's mostly responsible for this.

what's the percentage about of datura inoxia I know it's mostly scopomaline,but how much do you know?

69ron
#18 Posted : 6/20/2009 3:55:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Datura inoxia seeds are 97% scopolamine with traces of atropine. They are the richest source of scopolamine in the world. That's where pretty much all the pharmaceutical scopolamine in the world comes from. Because of the scopolamine content they are sedating. Datura stramonium seeds being 80% hyoscyamine are stimulating.

damiana
#19 Posted : 3/11/2010 12:52:39 AM

Cosmic Dragon

Has anyone tried aniracetam/piracetam with shrooms? SWIM will be trying it soon if no one responds in time. Thanks.

Damiana
PEACE

970Codfert
#20 Posted : 3/19/2010 8:37:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Earlier this week I combined these two, I felt it enhanced the visuals a lot. It also blocked the nausea almost completely. I strongly suggest it, I plan to use datura seeds every time I take mushrooms. 3 seeds seemed to do the trick.
All posts are fictional.

12NEXT