We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Questions about cyb`s Max Ion tek....(two) Options

Travling Tommy
#1 Posted : 1/9/2014 2:17:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi there, i have read the tek several times but still have two questions...

1: The acidfied solution is seperated, and i know its supposed to be like that...Is it nesesarry to swirl/shake it lightly sometimes in the 8-9 hour acidcook? Or can i let it stand untuched?

2: When pulling.It says: Add minimal amount of ‘warm/hot’ NPS (Non Polar Solvent)....
How much is minimal? Is 50ml of naphta ok?

And a question that is unrelated to the tek, but i feel is esential to my (and maybe others) safety... when i do warmbaths, either to heat solutions,aciccook or making pulls i very often get static electric shock when i touch the water or the wessels...Is uncomfrteble, but i was thinking that if it happens when heating naphta in waterbath it can explode?? (i cover the naphta when doing this,but anyway the cap is not thigtnd so the fumes may react With the spark)

If theres any link or information about it here i have not fount it..
I want to smoke dmt, not make bombs in the kitchenSmile

TT
Im a liar.
Everything i say or write is a lie, or imagination.
The pictures that i post here are either stolen or manipulated.
I am a bad person.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

3rdI
#2 Posted : 1/9/2014 2:24:52 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Travling Tommy wrote:
1: The acidfied solution is seperated, and i know its supposed to be like that...Is it nesesarry to swirl/shake it lightly sometimes in the 8-9 hour acidcook? Or can i let it stand untuched?

it wont hurt, I like to give it a good stir.

Travling Tommy wrote:
2: When pulling.It says: Add minimal amount of ‘warm/hot’ NPS (Non Polar Solvent)....

50ml is bob on

I have no idea about exploding extractions.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Travling Tommy
#3 Posted : 1/9/2014 2:36:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks 3rdI..
The qustion about exploding naphta,i was more thinking if the static shoch maybe dangerous when heating naphta for a re-x. Im going to use some gloves that doesnt do that/i hope...
Probably me thinking to much ,maybe no danger at all.

TT
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

TxRx
#4 Posted : 1/9/2014 9:34:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

A static spark could easily ignite naphtha (or other volatile solvent) vapors.

I would speculate (but don't know for sure) that an open ended mason jar with the most explosive fuel/air mixture of naphtha in it would probably not explode, i.e. destroy the glass container, but rather "pop" followed by igniting whatever solvent contents remain. If there were a basic solution involved, it could possibly be ejected to some degree. Obviously that's best avoided!

It is very strange that you get static shocks in the first place. Are you dragging your feet across a carpet while working? How are you heating the water baths? An unbonded appliance could allow for static build up, for instance.

Rubber gloves would be a work around. Touching the surface that gives you sparks more frequently could reduce charge build up and avoid sparking.

Travling Tommy
#5 Posted : 1/9/2014 11:34:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

TxRx..hi there, well i dont hava a carpet, but parquet in the kitcen aerea and i wear shoes that i only use innside. And i lift my feet as i walk also..Laughing
I`ll use rubber gloves to be sure and safe when i fool around With pulls and re-x.
I should probably use rubber gloves anyway..
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

Supernaut
#6 Posted : 1/12/2014 12:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you are still feeling nervous even with the gloves, just go down to your local computer store and pic up a pair of anti-static bracelets. They are dirt cheap.
Cheers

Entheogenerator
#7 Posted : 1/12/2014 2:04:02 PM

Homo discens

Travling Tommy wrote:
Hi there, i have read the tek several times but still have two questions...

And a question that is unrelated to the tek, but i feel is esential to my (and maybe others) safety... when i do warmbaths, either to heat solutions,aciccook or making pulls i very often get static electric shock when i touch the water or the wessels...Is uncomfrteble, but i was thinking that if it happens when heating naphta in waterbath it can explode?? (i cover the naphta when doing this,but anyway the cap is not thigtnd so the fumes may react With the spark)

If theres any link or information about it here i have not fount it..
I want to smoke dmt, not make bombs in the kitchenSmile

TT

Definitely good to agitate the solution periodically. It will ensure that there are no clumps of bark that are dry in the middle or anything like that.

"A minimal amount of warm naphtha" is relative. How much bark did you start with? 1-2mL per gram of bark has always worked very well for me.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Travling Tommy
#8 Posted : 1/13/2014 11:42:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I did two paralell extrtactions this time, 75g acrb in each. So i should probably use a little more than 50 ml naphta..thangs again Entheogenerator.
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

cyb
#9 Posted : 1/13/2014 12:48:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

Entheogenerator's rule of thumb is great but...IME:

The amount of solvent needed for extraction is not proportional to the amount of bark used.

Consider that when you Re-X...1g of spice will sit comfortably saturated in 30ml of (warm/hot) solvent.

So...regardless of how much bark/water etc. is used I find it best to use between 30-50ml of solvent to pull with.
In effect, you can think of it like, you are pulling 'upto' 1g of product per pull.
This, of course, rarely happens as the solvent does not get supersaturated, via the polar migration, in one swift action. For this reason, we pull multiple times.
Therefore 30-50ml per pull is more than adequate.
If you are using 50g bark or 500g...the solvent amount would stay the same.

This only becomes a problem when you use wide mouthed vessels and the small amount of solvent is spread thin over the surface area.
If this is the case the solvent and some base mix can be pulled and transferred to a tall, skinny vessel to seperate and the ease of pulling will be evident. Smile
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Travling Tommy
#10 Posted : 1/13/2014 7:41:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Cyb..the little experince i have gained so far also confirms that, (when it comes to pulling).
This last time i transfered the naphta into a 1ooml testing tube an it was very easy to get out without any basic Soup ,compared to the original wessel. (And a long glass pipette was needen as well) This is starting to be easier and more fun each timeVery happy
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

Travling Tommy
#11 Posted : 1/13/2014 7:47:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Supernaut...great advice. I will get me a couple of those bracelets tomorrow.
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 1/14/2014 12:15:08 PM

Homo discens

cyb wrote:
Entheogenerator's rule of thumb is great but...IME:

The amount of solvent needed for extraction is not proportional to the amount of bark used.

Consider that when you Re-X...1g of spice will sit comfortably saturated in 30ml of (warm/hot) solvent.

So...regardless of how much bark/water etc. is used I find it best to use between 30-50ml of solvent to pull with.
In effect, you can think of it like, you are pulling 'upto' 1g of product per pull.
This, of course, rarely happens as the solvent does not get supersaturated, via the polar migration, in one swift action. For this reason, we pull multiple times.
Therefore 30-50ml per pull is more than adequate.
If you are using 50g bark or 500g...the solvent amount would stay the same.

This only becomes a problem when you use wide mouthed vessels and the small amount of solvent is spread thin over the surface area.
If this is the case the solvent and some base mix can be pulled and transferred to a tall, skinny vessel to seperate and the ease of pulling will be evident. Smile

Interesting. I'll have to take that into consideration for my next extraction.

The "tall skinny vessel" method was my go-to for years until I invested in a sep funnel. It's definitely a good idea. Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Travling Tommy
#13 Posted : 2/4/2014 8:06:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The link to cyb`s max ion tek does not work anymore...
is there a way to see it ?
TT
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.

Travling Tommy
#14 Posted : 2/4/2014 10:07:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Lucky me...i found it againSmile doing the 7,8 and 9`th pull now, the basesolution have been standing around for weeks now and i pulled myself together to do these last pulls, just for fun and to see what it yeilds.
When i could not read the link (max ion tek) i got a little worried since i dont remember the Whole process. But that worked out . I liked that tek a lot.Thumbs up

TT
Im a liar.
I am a bad person.