We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
How to clean yellow naphta Options

Chaquah
#1 Posted : 1/8/2014 8:32:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Howdy Y´all,

I was wondering if there is any way i could clean my used naptha that has turned yellow after a couple of extractions.

Is there an easy way to remove the oils ?

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Cosmic Spore
#2 Posted : 1/8/2014 2:09:50 PM

โ˜  โšก โ˜ฃ โš  โ˜ข

Chaquah wrote:
Howdy Y´all,

I was wondering if there is any way i could clean my used naptha that has turned yellow after a couple of extractions.

Is there an easy way to remove the oils ?

Activated charcoal (Activated carbon).

On reusing non polar solvents

Mindlusion wrote:
Another useful and fairly simple method, besides distillation, for cleaning up a solvent that has been 'dirtied' with various undesired substances. Is to use a bit of activated charcoal. It adsorbs anything you were unable to get out with water washes, carbonate washes, acidic washes.

Ive gotten practically all of the colour out of solvents with this method, though, mine were not dark dark, opaque yellow coloured.

It can be a bit difficult to filter, but with the addition of one of the most useful substances on earth, DIATOMACEOUS earth, it clumps the carbon enough to make filtering a simple task

Haven't done it; read that it works.