We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Ps. Cyanofriscosa Options

smri
#1 Posted : 1/2/2014 12:42:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So my Azure post was incorrect: the actual strain is Ps. Cyanofriscosa!

I am interested in what experience others have with indoor, outdoor, or a hybrid method.
The spores were in a syringe from a super reputable source. Starting in a liquid culture of light malt extract/LME it took about a week to see significant growth. The liquid culture was then pulled into another syringe and used to innoculate a dozen jars of rye grain. It took more than two weeks to see any growth and more than two months...maybe more...to colonize the smallest canning jar. They are done now though!
So my question is this: what is the best way to birth? Put those cakes into more wood and let colonize?
Ok that was two ?'s but any input would be helpful.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Mr.Peabody
#2 Posted : 1/2/2014 6:17:09 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You'll wanna soak some hardwood chips in water (preferably alder, but others seem to work fine, too). Discard the water, strain the chips well, then mix your grain spawn in the chips evenly. They'll do fine! These wood lovers are very, very hearty. I have seen them devour green, and cobweb molds like candy. They can become more susceptible to disease when they are older. It almost seems like they get old and weak, and die. Sometimes the can live for very long times, though. Once the chips are thoroughly colonized, it is good practice to mix fresh chips in about every six months, or sooner as needed.

Be patient. They are slower than cubes. They'll grow and fruit indoors fine, given adequate conditions. The thing most people lack with wood lovers is patience. They'll fruit when they are damn well ready, and that could be anywhere from 3 months to a year or more. Water them regularly! They love water-go figure.Pleased

Most of my personal experience is keeping them in tubs in my cold garage. When the fall comes around I put them outside, usually with good turnout. I keep them in loose plastic bags to keep the humidity up. Oddly, I had one fruit in the bag, in the middle of summer. That was a nice surprise! I have never messed with cyanofriscosas, but azures and cyanescens (the ones I have cultivated) are very similar, and probably like nearly identical treatment.

Good luck!Thumbs up
Be an adult only when necessary.

smri
#3 Posted : 1/2/2014 7:34:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Much appreciated! I figured wood chips would be the best treatment and in can't wait to see them kill some contams! I'll report back in a month or more in the progress. Hopefully all forward progress.