We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Crystalline THC extract? Options

Binary Drool
#1 Posted : 1/1/2014 8:47:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So as we know the C4H10(Butane) extraction works quite well for THC wax/oil but uses a ton of solvent and can get expensive when dealing with a lot of product.

Has anyone every Rexed hash or wax or even the oil into a dry fluffy crystal form? and/or is it even possible.

I have been entertaining this thought for a a few weeks. Let me run down the simple Tek and any feed back would be greatly appreciated. Also if you have a solvent free Teks or anything related to this subject please feel free to add it to the thread.

A/B w/ salting. Wet or Dry Tek.

1 Powder MJ

2 Acidify w/ for aqueous or sludge solution
*Ionized Kagen water,
-HNO3 [Nitric acid,
*HCl [hydrochloric acid]
(organic acid)
-HCOOH [formic acid]
-CH3COOH [acetic acid],
-C6H5COOH [benzoic acid]

3 Basify w/ for aqueous or sludge solution
-Potassium hydroxide (KOH)
-Barium hydroxide (Ba(OH)2)
-Caesium hydroxide (CsOH)
*Sodium hydroxide (NaOH)
-Strontium hydroxide (Sr(OH)2)
*Calcium hydroxide (Ca(OH)2)
-Lithium hydroxide (LiOH)
-Rubidium hydroxide (RbOH)

4 Pull w/ and add to collecting beaker
Naphtha

5 make a 50ml acidic water solution and salt

6 eval water.

Would this work?
-would it be better to make full melt bubble hash then do the extraction?

We actually worship incomprehensibility as the highest form of explanation. ~TM

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

endlessness
#2 Posted : 1/1/2014 9:44:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

THC and cannabinoids are not alkaloids, it doesn`t work like that, they don`tsalt and freebase forms.

Also THC is an oil, it doesn`t really crystallize like DMT etc.

But you can do a vaccuum purge on naphtha/butane THC extractions, and then you can get it drier and more manageable than the more liquid oils.

Binary Drool
#3 Posted : 1/2/2014 12:40:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

OK. I figured as much.

Also I would assume using freezer cold nap would work best right? Seems like temperature play a big role in MJ extractions. Also, is there a benefit to using nap due to the fact you can control pull lengths. What is a suggested duration for the MJ to sit in the solvent, before it starts pulling out extra stuff.

EDIT:

I want to try a simple Tek with Nap. I will start out with 10g of MJ and see what my yield is and post results.

Nicita
#4 Posted : 1/2/2014 1:57:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

One classical "extraction" for larger quantaties is with just cold water. Put your fresh herb in the freezer, prepare a container of sufficient size with ice cold water (lots of ice in it), then add your frozen material and stir the hell out of it (a drill with a mixing tool helps a lot).
The frozen oily hairs on the surface (trichomes) will break of while stiring and sink to the ground. It is useful to have a coarse sieve in the middle, seperating the plant material from the hash.
The expensive sieves sold in headshops are not necessary for this process, since the fresh material will float and the resin sink to the ground. Sure, they will seperate the material by grain size, but why would you want to do this?
Then just remove the plant material from the container and decant or filter the water. You will receive good hashish that you can use or further extract with much less solvent than the original plant material.
It's ideal for using the small potent leaves that are cut away when harvesting The buds.

Binary Drool
#5 Posted : 1/2/2014 4:11:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I figured plant>hash>oil via cold water extraction, then nap extraction

lysurgeon
#6 Posted : 7/22/2014 4:00:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There is a similar way to how you mention, Binary Drool.

Here's a method.
https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=38021

mindash
#7 Posted : 2/20/2017 11:08:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

endlessness wrote:
THC and cannabinoids are not alkaloids, it doesn`t work like that, they don`tsalt and freebase forms.

But you can do a vaccuum purge on naphtha/butane THC extractions, and then you can get it drier and more manageable than the more liquid oils.

THCa does crystalize endlessness have a look https://www.google.com/u...2=rgnXUUu-vPxU0chIXVCcMQ

SnozzleBerry
#8 Posted : 2/21/2017 5:44:49 PM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

There are people doing some incredible work with super high-purity terpene and cannabinoid extractions. Afaik, shortpath distillation is the preferred approach.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

entheogenic-gnosis
#9 Posted : 2/22/2017 2:56:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

In order to form a salt, you need an acid and a base to react with one another.

THC is not an alkaloid, it does not contain an amine nitrogen, and is not acidic or basic enough to form a salt through an acid/base neutralization.

However, THCA is an acid, and can be reacted with a base to form a salt.

http://www.marijuana.com...ngest-hash-in-the-world/
This link describes the crystalline THCA

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#10 Posted : 2/22/2017 3:01:29 PM
DMT-Nexus member

mindash wrote:
endlessness wrote:

THCa does crystalize endlessness have a look https://www.google.com/u...2=rgnXUUu-vPxU0chIXVCcMQ

The THCA does crystallize, because of the "A" in THCA, THCA is an acid, and when you have an acid you can react it with a base to form a salt.

-eg

entheogenic-gnosis
#11 Posted : 2/22/2017 3:06:43 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This patent may also be of interest...

http://www.google.com/patents/US20150038567

You may also want to look into THC-O-acetate.

-eg