We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Blotter verification poss? Options

5 Dimensional Nick
#1 Posted : 12/30/2013 10:58:02 PM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

I discovered the other day that blotters can be infused by some substances other than LSD that in sufficient quantities will produce effects that are hard to distinguish from LSD.

Given LSD only needs a few hundred micro grams to work and knowing it's hard to distinguish between LSD and similar substances,

I have 3 questions.

1. Are there other psychoactive with the micro gram potency of LSD, or close?
2. Do any acid manufactures use thick blotters? (The ones which people "auto-point-out" as [insert random drug name here])
3. Therefor does a thin blotter "guarantee" LSD?

Yours Trippingly Discombobulated!

5DN.

PS: OMG... i now KNOW discombobulated is a word (thanks auto-correct)
PPS: Why isn't trippingly?!

Shocked
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

downwardsfromzero
#2 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:15:12 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

"A few hundred micrograms" on your blotterShocked - lucky you!! Usually more like 50 to 75.

I think you might be talking about the family of compounds know as NBOMe's which can be active at 1 milligram or less. They have a bit of a low margin of safety compared to LSD and, although some people have enjoyed them (responsibly Smile ), there are various reports of vasoconstricting effects.

DOI, DOB and DOC also appear on blotters sometimes, active around 1 - 2 mg doses.

Are you measuring your blotters with a micrometer gauge? Very happy

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dreamer042
#3 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:19:57 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

1. Are there other psychoactive with the micro gram potency of LSD, or close?

Yes, the most common one's you will encounter are the 25x-NBOME series which are active < 1mg. Another fairly less commonly encountered possibility are the DOx series of compounds active in the low mg range. There are others like the 25x-NBOH series and the like. Most of the time what you'll encounter on blotters these days is going to be an NBOME.

2. Do any acid manufactures use thick blotters? (The ones which people "auto-point-out" as [insert random drug name here])

LSD comes on all types of blotters and the type of blotter means very little, this is not a good method of identifying what may be on the blotter. Though in general it's not a bad rule of thumb to be skeptical of overly thick or large blotters.

3. Therefor does a thin blotter "guarantee" LSD?

Absolutely not!

There are several things you can do to "test" whether or not your blotter contains LSD.

The first is the black light test. (Click the image for more in depth info.)

The second is the taste test.
Simply take a very small piece of the blotter or whatever the liquid was layed onto and put it on your tongue if it tastes bitter it is not LSD.

You can also just swallow the blotter or whatever carrier, LSD is orally active NBOME's are not, though this is less accurate because some other compounds such as the DOx series can be active orally.

The most reliable and effective way is to use a test kit. This is the route I would recommend above all the others.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

downwardsfromzero
#4 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:42:29 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

Other things glow under UV too, hence the test kit recommendation ...

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."

downwardsfromzero
#5 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:49:57 PM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

picture from: http://upload.wikimedia..../b/b2/Tonic_water_uv.jpg
downwardsfromzero attached the following image(s):
Tonic_water_uv.jpg (245kb) downloaded 211 time(s).

5 Dimensional Nick
#6 Posted : 12/31/2013 2:47:44 AM

"Full of multiversal flow!"

If LSD glowed under UV......., Peter Lilley must have been right cos that's a cosmic coincidence tight there
"Anonymous around the mouse, hyperspace black ops in my house,
A technical itch you can't ignore, viral like that magic spore,
Laced in life like a blockchain, special characters around my name,
They got game like Nintendo flow, it's always the same you will know,
I can't be pinned down like a Q-Bit, my architecture all neuromorphic,
On the roof if the internet had one, fire escape's fibre optic dragon." Onepacman

Kash
#7 Posted : 2/28/2014 2:35:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

LSD has no taste, glows under black light, and will give off a faint color when tested with a reagent test kit.

If it has a bitter taste you can be pretty sure its an N-BOMB as SWIM likes to call them. Nothing wrong with those imho, but just not what you are looking for. The DOx's have no taste, do not glow under black light, and give off a strong color with reagent test. These last FOREVER and are no good. Thumbs down

So basically, go get a test kit for 20$, that is the only way to know for sure, because you could always just get some white paper blotters that have no taste and appear to be glowing, but actually arent glowing and are totally bunk! Also, if the blotters are colored you normally cant tell if they fluoresce anyway. Isn't 20$ worth a little peace of mind in what you are ingesting?
--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Nathanial.Dread
#8 Posted : 2/28/2014 2:52:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Get it a test kit!

I had a friend who didn't test their tabs and dropped on one Friday night and was still tripping on Sunday morning. He was really pissed.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

endlessness
#9 Posted : 2/28/2014 10:00:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=43071

It is not true that bitter = nbnome or other RCs. I`ve had bitter blotter that was tested to be only lsd. It is possible something they put related to the ink, or something similar.

Not saying that bitter = lsd either, but just saying that if it`s bitter it`s not necessarily a bad thing, though it could be. Pure lsd is not really bitter but it does have some `taste` imo, it does have a slightly metallic/electric feeling, thats the best way I can describe it.

Kash
#10 Posted : 2/28/2014 11:46:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Chemistry and Programming

Good point endless. Though once you encounter an nbnome, it is instantly obvious what it is. There is more than just a taste, it is extremely bitter. I have heard the rumor about LSD having taste because of ink, though have never encountered it. Have had weak acid that had taste once, maybe was degraded, wasn't properly cleaned, or was antioxidant?

--------------------------------------------------*Kash's LSA Extraction* * Kash's Mescaline Extraction*------------------------------------------------------
All things I say are complete and utter ramblings of nonsense. Do not consider taking anything iterated from the depths of my subconsciousness rationally and/or seriously.

Coja
#11 Posted : 4/16/2014 9:14:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I always tended to get a slightly metalic taste from LSD, particularly heavily dosed hits. Then there was a span of a few years with thick EU LSD hits that had a slightly bitter/ slightly soapy flavor to them, but had the right experience/duration and reagent test results that classic LSD in the 80s-90s did. Though those thick EU hits (some of the Hofmanns,lips, dancing bears of the late 200x years) didn't seem to have the same level of clearness and visual impact. They just seemed to lack some of the sparkle and magic that the LSD of decades ago tended to have, even if the introspective and ego melting experience was the same. I'm guessing it has something to do with more contemporary methods of synthesis as I was lucky enough to sample some US dosed dried figs (a wonderful way to take a hit IME) from the west coast in that same era that produced all the sparkle and magic I recalled from the pre-silo bust era.

I've talked with several other people who used to sampled many batches of LSD around the US back in the 80s-early 2000s who had similar experiences with post-silo bust LSD not having the same visual effects and magical sparkle that they recalled from earlier LSD. I wonder if the peptide coupling synthesis which was published in the early 2000s maybe leaves a little something out of the end product, or if the 50% or so of inactive LSD like compounds that come from that technique imparts its own, not so beneficial impact on the overall experience. Haven't had the opportunity to sample anything new out there in a few years, so I'm not up the experiential quality of any recent batches out there.

I found that at least some of the 25x- NBOMe compounds would also cause a lot of salivation when held in the mouth. Seemed to be an additional bio-assay indicator of that class of chems along with the bitter phenethylamine flavor.

Entheogenerator
#12 Posted : 4/16/2014 10:14:55 PM

Homo discens

Buy some reagents. Ehrlich's reagent will determine whether or not the blotter contains an indole compound, but it is best to use several reagents for further confirmation. This is going to be the best way to determine whether or not your blotters likely contain LSD, without investing in thin-layer chromatography or another thorough analysis method.

There are also two analogues of LSD on the market, LSZ and AL-LAD, which have similar effects to LSD and are active in microgram doses. I'm not certain whether reagents will distinguish between these two compounds and LSD. The main producers of LSZ and AL-LAD appear to have taken a responsible approach to marketing these grey-market compounds by putting them on blotters which clearly say "LSZ" and "AL-LAD", so it is unlikely that you will find them on other blotters. But this is not to say it is impossible.
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine