We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Dolphins get high on puffer fish and pass them around like joints Options

endlessness
#1 Posted : 12/30/2013 1:56:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Elpo
#2 Posted : 12/30/2013 2:14:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

So cool, can't wait to see the series about this fascinating animal. Thanks for the share.
You be puffin or you be passin' Big grin
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

null24
#3 Posted : 12/30/2013 2:28:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

"Don't bogart that fish my friend, float it in over to me..."
Big grin
See, getting high is a natural, innate desire.

From the write up:
" Dolphins are said to share the human traits of bravery, jealousy and even a sense of humour.
But it seems they are some worrying vices as well."

Dolphin rehab?
Wut?
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

teotenakeltje
#4 Posted : 12/30/2013 2:29:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Big grin that thread title really made me laugh!

And seeing that it's true makes it even better.

Thanks endlessness.

3rdI
#5 Posted : 12/30/2013 2:30:37 PM

veni, vidi, spici

I knew dolphins were down with the cool kids.

INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 12/30/2013 3:09:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ha was about to post this...very cool! Fascinating beings indeed, looking forward to this series.

Purges
#7 Posted : 12/30/2013 3:42:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wonder what puffer-fish venom feels like Love Drool Sick
Lose Control, Free My Soul, Break Me Open, Make Me Whole.
"DMT kicked my balls off" - od3

sØrce
#8 Posted : 12/30/2013 4:32:19 PM

That was that and this is this.

Really cool article...

The effects sound like an ether high: numbness dizziness vertigo muscle paralysis intoxication while retaining full consciousness.

It's funny how humans personify the dolphins' behaviors as "seeming to be" like a stoned human's reaction- "They floated upside down and appeared mesmerized by their reflections..." Since we are extrapolating between mammal species, it seems more likely to me that they are so mangled they don't really have a choice but to float whatever kind of way.

"Oh wow man look at my reflection, who are those other dolphins anyway? There's like a whole other place up there. I will take this moment to reflect on my self-awareness.... Are I God expessing awareness of the many aspects of my 'self?'"

=

"Dude Im totally mangled" Big grin

I wonder how much being resistant to the shortness of breath symptom allows them to fully enjoy the effects.

Soon to come: in other news the older more experienced dolphins pass on these silly kicks and dive deeper for the DMT sponges.

Cuz dolphins are water people.

"The world is his, who can see through it's pretension...see it to be a lie, and you have already dealt it its final blow..." -Ralph W. Emerson

cyb
#9 Posted : 12/30/2013 6:51:27 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Moderator | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, CarpenterSenior Member | Skills: Digi-Art, DTP, Optical tester, Mechanic, Carpenter

That's a tuff puff Flipper...Have a whale of a time in HyperPlaice :groan:
Please do not PM tek related questions
Reserve the right to change your mind at any given moment.

Mitakuye Oyasin
#10 Posted : 12/30/2013 10:23:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That's fantastic. I've spent a lot of time around dolphins and whales, mostly in the wild. They are truly remarkable animals and some of the most spiritual I've ever encountered. Of course they do drugs. I'm waiting for the discovery of a DMT containing oceanic species that they use or discovery of the cetacean ability to create DMT naturally to enter Hyperspace as they wish.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

Nicita
#11 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:04:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They are playing with some really dangerous stuff. Pufferfish contain Tetrodotoxin (TTX), that blocks the nerve signals from being transmitted to the muscle. An overdose is capable of stoping breath and hearthbeat, and the active and lethal doses are very close to each other - at least in humans. The dolphins seem to have found a good way for saver use: passing the fish around without causing major injury and eating the heavily toxic organs, but just absorbing what is sectreted by the fish over a longer time period. Then they can just stop when they feel the fish kick in! And older, more experienced dolphins can always take the fish away from younger dolphins, if they are chewing too heavy or keeping the fish for too long! I bet there are fewer dolphins dying from the pufferfish than japanese people from eating it.
Therefore I would suggest that dolphins are smarter than japanese. Big grin But at least they teach them a better saver drug use than we normally do.

Really really interesting behaviour indeed. Thank you for sharing.

cubeananda
#12 Posted : 12/31/2013 12:57:20 AM

jai

That is pacifically awesome! I wonder if they have a puffer-nexus to promote safe use, or if they still go to the Shaphin to learn the ancient practice?

Mustelid
#13 Posted : 12/31/2013 9:41:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I hear that when rich people eat it, they get a little high. There is the safety in that fugu chefs highly trained, and are sworn to commit suicide should they accidently poison a customer.

I was offered some once, but it wasn't cooked by a fugu chef, it was at a beach party, cooked by blowtorch on a six pack of beer by people who just caught it. I declined.

Nicita
#14 Posted : 12/31/2013 2:43:31 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Mustelid wrote:
I was offered some once, but it wasn't cooked by a fugu chef, it was at a beach party, cooked by blowtorch on a six pack of beer by people who just caught it. I declined.

Good call Laughing Laughing

Accidental poisoning happen occasionally, when the fugu chef is not an his height or a fish is unusually potent. It's a bit like dosing nightshades. You can develope a very good routine for relatively safely dosing it, but it can always backfire when the material is more potent than you assume. So the dolphins have the advantage of continously ingesting small amounts of TTX until they notice it's enough.
In the right dose, the TTX seems to be slightly euphoric and a bit of an aphrodisiac. Also it's one of the very few culturally accepted substances in japan besides alcohol.

Voodoo sorcerers can be pretty good at dosing this fish. They give a victim the right amount that all vital signs stop and the person is declared dead, but acctually just paralized to the point where no one can notice the difference. Then when the victim is burried, the sorcerer digs up the body, waits until the TTX effects wear off and then dose the victim with Datura to break their wills and in this way make their very own zombie slaves Twisted Evil

#15 Posted : 12/31/2013 2:43:50 PM

Game Master

cubeananda wrote:
That is pacifically awesome! I wonder if they have a puffer-nexus to promote safe use, or if they still go to the Shaphin to learn the ancient practice?

......and a strict anti-sourcing policy. Hey, dolphins! Extract it yourself! No deep-sea black markets, please.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

Hyperspace Fool
#16 Posted : 1/4/2014 4:00:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As cool and random as this is... it really doesn't surprise me.

We know of many animals that enjoy getting high, and dolphins are rather smart. Can't wait to see the documentary footage.

Thanks for posting this endly.

HSF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Aegle
#17 Posted : 1/4/2014 3:01:37 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Endlessness

Thank you for sharing this article as it truly made me smile and my day.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

hostilis
#18 Posted : 1/4/2014 3:58:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

cyb wrote:

That's a tuff puff Flipper...Have a whale of a time in HyperPlaice :groan:

Hahahahaha! I love you cyb!

This is great endlessness. Thanks for sharing.
3... 2... 1... BLAST OFF!!!!FFO TSALB ...1 ...2 ...3

My grafting guide

Entheogenerator
#19 Posted : 1/4/2014 11:03:02 PM

Homo discens

This is awesome... Thanks endlessness!

Just wait until they find the sponges that contain 5-Br-DMT! Laughing
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine