We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia confusa: Taste and Tannins? Options

PowerfulMedicine
#1 Posted : 12/25/2013 10:55:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I plan on doing my first Ayahuasca-type brew using Acacia confusa root bark.

I was wondering how the taste of a standard brew is compared to other DMT containing plants, especially Mimosa hostilis. I've heard that Mimosa is one of the worst tasting DMT admixture herbs.

Also, how does the tannin content of Acacia confusa compare to Mimosa hostilis? I hear that the tannins can make Mimosa brews very hard to stomach and that an egg-white treatment is pretty much required for this plant. Do you guys think doing an egg-white treatment to remove the tannins is really necessary for Acacia?

I have a strong stomach, but would like to avoid too much vomiting as I don't like the idea of purging away valuable actives (although I understand that many people see the purge as an important part of the medicine of these plants).
Maay-yo-naze!

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 12/30/2013 11:55:41 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well the way i see it, there's two things you can do. You can either do the egg white tannin removal which does indeed works and makes a tasteless Acacia, Chaliponga or Mimosa tea. Or, you can simply brew up the Acacia, reduce it down to a drinkable size and stick it in the freezer overnight and allow it to thaw the next day.

Whether you're doing the egg white thing or not, it's better either way to freeze and then thaw the brew and allow it to settle. Once settled, any precipitation or sediment should be in the bottom. You could probably go ahead and drink it with the sediment in the bottom, but i myself like to pour off the good tea, add a little more water to the sediment, stick it back in the freezer and then let it thaw and collect the good tea while leaving the sediment behind. I like to do this a few times in order to get all of the goods and while it can take a few days to get all the tea away from the sediment, it's worth it in my mind.

starway6
#3 Posted : 12/31/2013 2:09:14 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock ...
When you took your oral acacia... then came down.. did you experiance feeling cold or get the shivers of upper or lower extreemitys?????

Ive only smoked acacia spice plenty of times.. and it was a very relaxing melow trip for me with no bad after effects after comming down..
I have recently been reading posts of people who had very intense Mimosa trips and experianced some shivering after comming down..
Just curious..

Sabnock
#4 Posted : 12/31/2013 3:50:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes, shivering and getting cold happens to me quite a lot. I believe it has to do with 5-HT1A receptor agonism. From Wikipedia - "Vasodilation of the blood vessels in the skin via central 5-HT1A activation increases heat dissipation from the organism out into the environment, causing a decrease in body temperature."

If i'm not mistaken, both DMT and the Harmalas can activate the 5-HT1A receptor, so both can cause shivering and the chills. What usually helps me out with that though is making sure my room is nice and warm (especially since it's winter), as well as either covering up with blankets or heavy clothing.

It would be interesting to perhaps find an herb capable of warming someone up, that could be mixed with Ayahuasca in order to mask the cold feelings.

starway6
#5 Posted : 12/31/2013 5:00:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Were you using mimosa spice when getting the shivering?
The shivering mostly in lower legs happened to me once recently but it happened 4 or 5 hours after vaping acacia spice and cant blame it on the spice since it happened so long after smoking..
Instead i blame it on food poisioning because i ate two hours after smoking ..got a sick feeling in my stomach then a couple hours later got the shivers for about 3 hours...
Im shure it was a case of food poisioning in my case..
Its posibile that this shivering can happen more with mimosa spice?and not acacia?

Sabnock
#6 Posted : 12/31/2013 8:21:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, when i've smoked Mimosa or Acacia extractions, i don't seem to get the chills/shivering much, if it all actually. But i take it orally and it happens.

PowerfulMedicine
#7 Posted : 1/1/2014 1:42:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Would the sediments make it through a coffee filter or cotton balls? And would it be too nauseating if I didn't take any special steps to filter it or get rid of tannins?

Or can I just brew and chug and still be able to stomach it long enough to absorb the DMT? I'll probably freeze and thaw the brew, but the egg white thing seems like a hassle and I don't trust it.
Maay-yo-naze!

PowerfulMedicine
#8 Posted : 1/4/2014 9:43:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I made my Acacia brew this week. I tried the freeze-thaw precipitation thing but it didn't quite work out as well as I hoped for.

The brew ended up a dark reddish-brown color and slightly more viscous than water. The taste was not that bad. It was very tannic, which was the worst part about the taste. It was about as tannic as a red oak acorn.

I drank it cold and in two quick gulps. I barely even gagged and the after-taste was easily washed away with some ginger ale. I think the fact that it was cold also helped to mask the taste.

I didn't even purge, but that might be due to the threshhold dose of Datura that I took before drinking the brew.

Maay-yo-naze!

Sabnock
#9 Posted : 1/4/2014 10:14:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well anytime i've done the freeze/thaw thing after making a brew that has been cleaned with egg whites, and the resulting brew is a light orangey-red color and see through, looks like a tea, and is tasteless.

However for you i guess since you didn't do the egg white thing, it didn't work out as well. The egg whites really help for a brew, it's easy (def. not a hassle) and no trouble at all. It's as easy as simply putting the egg whites in and boiling the brew down to a small amount of liquid, then you filter the liquid (filtering out all the egg and other gunk). The resulting tea is then put into the freezer overnight, thawed the next day, and one can either drink it right there on the spot or if one has patience one can pour off the good tea, and allow the remaining sediment to settle and then continue pouring off the tea, allow to settle and again pour, etc. etc. etc.

But clearly a brew cooked without egg whites, is a lot dirtier and harder for some people (myself included) to get down. Whereas a brew that has been cooked with egg whites, is much, much, much easier to drink, it's like drinking water Smile

thymamai
#10 Posted : 4/8/2014 7:29:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
It would be interesting to perhaps find an herb capable of warming someone up, that could be mixed with Ayahuasca in order to mask the cold feelings.

Black Pepper?

Sabnock
#11 Posted : 4/8/2014 7:48:06 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah i've investigated the Black Pepper before by taking a few capsules (3 to 4) when i took my Rue seed capsules, and then 30 minutes later would take Mimosa in capsules, and it was really awesome. I'll def. have to re-investigate it again sometime.

upload
#12 Posted : 4/15/2014 4:14:32 PM

go deep

I've drank AC brews many, many times...never thought of using mint. Good idea! The best brew add for me is the juice of one fresh orange in each wash. It really mellows the acacia tea. The mint idea is interesting, though...I do believe I'll give it a go Thumbs up

Sabnock
#13 Posted : 4/15/2014 8:26:57 PM
DMT-Nexus member

You can also add Lemon Balm tea to the Acacia tea, it tastes good warm.