We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
You just have to love The Nexus Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 6/15/2009 3:38:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So I've been poking around on thekratomforum.com because I like using Kratom from time to time. Long story short, I stated my opinion about something, keeping in mind NOT to break ANY of the forum rules, and not to be rude to anyone, basically advocating the benefits of Kratom as a responsibly used entheogen. Even though many folks agreed with me, some (namely one specific vendor) didn't, and my thread got deleted!! These people are bizarre, but I think it's probably a vendor run forum.

Long story short - I love The Nexus and that we can pretty much speak our mind as long as we are respectful of others and aren't a-holes. I love you guys man Pleased Hahahahaha!Twisted Evil

Peace out!
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

WSaged
#2 Posted : 6/15/2009 7:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Right On!!

I think It's even cool to say whatever you want about Kratom here!!Wink

Cheers!!
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phlux-
#3 Posted : 6/15/2009 8:19:32 AM

The Root

Chemical expertSenior Member

yeah definately - swim loves it too.
antrocles wrote:
...purity of intent....purity of execution....purity of experience...

...unlike the "blind leading the blind". we are more akin to a group of blind-from-birth people who have all simultaneously been given the gift of sight but have no words or mental processing capabilites to work with this new "gift".

IT IS ONLY TO THE EXTENT THAT WE ARE WILLING TO EXPOSE OURSELVES OVER AND OVER AGAIN TO ANNIHILATION THAT WE DISCOVER THAT PART OF OURSELVES THAT IS INDESTRUCTIBLE.

Quote:
‹Jorkest› the wall is impenetrable as far as i can tell

Quote:
‹xtechre› cheese is great

He who packs ur capsules - controls your destiny.

obliguhl
#4 Posted : 6/15/2009 8:32:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"Responsible" is not a word, a vendor wants to hear.

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 6/15/2009 8:34:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, as it turns out I got banned completely! Apparently I was too open on a forum about a completely LEGAL substance. Go figure. I copied my initial post before they deleted it, I wont bother everyone by posting it here, but if you're interested then you can PM me and I'll forward it on. I'd be completely open to your guy's input. Maybe I WAS too forward, not sure. I really liked the folks on the forum too, but apparently being candid is not acceptable there. Confused
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Eclectic
#6 Posted : 6/15/2009 5:17:18 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I got banned from Entheogen.com for some reason the other week.. I really have no clue why.. I think, if I had to guess, it was because I was being sarcastic about how they won't allow discussion of smoking blends and they banned talk of them, but then they allow Tripple Xtracts and their smoking blends.. they have some sort of special pass.. I think I might have got banned for mentioning K2 blends from BBB, but people are allowed to openly discuss Tripple's Enigma blend..

I'm almost certain entheogen.com has been in mjb and tripple xtract's pocket somehow for a year or 2 now.. If you mention anything bad you get scolded by the moderators, and a friend of mine who showed me the nexus actually said the administrators there have started some business.. When moderators and admins are tied to vendors, it only hurts the community.. Thekratomforum sounds like an example of that. I used to be a moderator on spiceworld420's forum, which at the time was the main forum other than ganjatalk that discussed the relatively recent wave of herbal blends that had cannabinoids laced in them (which I always knew, and everyone later found out this last winter) and the forum was started by the vendor.. The store owner was an administrator and a friend of his was too.. They ended up ruining what had become a great community. Now it's somewhat of a joke.. No useful talk goes on there anymore.. Hell, I was a moderator and a really well liked person there and they banned me for sticking up for people.. They would ban people without clearly stating the rules because if they clearly said "You can't talk about anything that doesn't benefit our business" then people would see how ridiculous it was and move on to other forums.. there was a lot of hypocrisy going on with that..

The lesson is, don't mix forums, no matter what the subject matter, with a business that sells the subject matter.. It creates a mandate to only talk about what is good for the business, and no one wants that.. it might work for awhile but eventually it's going to ruin the forum from the inside out.
This universe, which is the same for all, has not been made by any god or man, but it always has been, is, and will be an ever-living fire, kindling itself by regular measures and going out by regular measures.

Oh, and if you found yourself wondering what my avatar says, it's "Very Gradual CHANGE We Can Believe in".. I love that.

ohayoco
#7 Posted : 6/15/2009 5:39:54 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yes I'm baffled by the Edot (entheogen.com) rules. It seems dodgey to me to allow discussion of entheogens, particularly obscure ones not covered by any other sites, only to ban members from discussing dosages. Recipe for disaster?
But I have found Edot to be a good source of general info on a lot of things, particularly trawling the suppliers section, and I have been treated well by many there, so this isn't a put-down, just bafflement!

I wouldn't like to see the Nexus branching out too much into plants running contrary to that taught by DMT, for fear that it would attract 'thrill seekers'. I think it's the nature of people interested in DMT and aya, all the scientists, along with Traveler's conscientiousness, that makes this site great. Nexus rocks! SWIM is forever grateful.
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

WSaged
#8 Posted : 6/15/2009 10:01:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
So, as it turns out I got banned completely! Apparently I was too open on a forum about a completely LEGAL substance. Go figure. I copied my initial post before they deleted it, I wont bother everyone by posting it here, but if you're interested then you can PM me and I'll forward it on. I'd be completely open to your guy's input. Maybe I WAS too forward, not sure. I really liked the folks on the forum too, but apparently being candid is not acceptable there. Confused

You are welcome to use the text-body of it to make a new thread in the "Other Psychoactives" Sub-Forum.
But please don't make any reference to it being something that came from, was deleted, or got you thrown out of another forum...screw em...we don't need that part of it.
We'd just love to hear what you wanted to say about Kratom over there though!!!Wink

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dwhitty76
#9 Posted : 6/15/2009 10:05:05 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:
So I've been poking around on thekratomforum.com because I like using Kratom from time to time. Long story short, I stated my opinion about something, keeping in mind NOT to break ANY of the forum rules, and not to be rude to anyone, basically advocating the benefits of Kratom as a responsibly used entheogen. Even though many folks agreed with me, some (namely one specific vendor) didn't, and my thread got deleted!! These people are bizarre, but I think it's probably a vendor run forum.

Long story short - I love The Nexus and that we can pretty much speak our mind as long as we are respectful of others and aren't a-holes. I love you guys man Pleased Hahahahaha!Twisted Evil

Peace out!
-idt

I joined the kratomforums about 2 months ago but i only posted once......i'm not sure if it "vendor run" because theres a whole section dedicated to rating, or talking about different vendors.....so it wouldn't solely benefit one particular vendor.They are definately very particular about the way they want you to word your relationship w/ kratom : like " i love that particular auroma" instead of "i drank some of that bali and i felt great".

I dunno....i just like "The Nexus" better than any other forum because we can talk about whatever we want,everyone is cool, there's a lot of very smart and mature people here and just an overall good vibe. Smile

"I LOVE YOU GUYS" , seems to be a common thread that pops up from time to time, which i find to be unique to this place.

By the way.....I love you guys Laughing

I was posting on this other forum, that allows trading, and i simply asked how long do you need to be a member or how many posts does one need to have in order to trade (because i have too much stuff) and i got a PM that i was "postpadding"......to boost the amount of posts in order to have trade priveledges. I thought that was kind of silly because i dont really post much there but i've been a member since "07".

Anyway's "The Nexus" is by far my favorite forum.

Thanx Traveler
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

idtravlr
#10 Posted : 6/16/2009 12:20:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:

I was posting on this other forum, that allows trading, and i simply asked how long do you need to be a member or how many posts does one need to have in order to trade (because i have too much stuff) and i got a PM that i was "postpadding"......to boost the amount of posts in order to have trade priveledges. I thought that was kind of silly because i dont really post much there but i've been a member since "07".

Thanx Traveler

Postpadding! That's awesome! Very happy I'm going to post-pad on The Nexus so I can become an Astral Planer and get a raise!! Very happy

-Terence McKenna

Burnison
#11 Posted : 6/16/2009 1:21:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have found the nexus to be of great help.
thx

I sent the club a wire stating, PLEASE ACCEPT MY RESIGNATION. I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT ME AS A MEMBER.
Groucho Marx

Disclaimer: All of these posts are of a fictitious nature only. Their author is known to be a pathological attention-seeking liar and he/she should NOT be taken seriously in any way. Do not trust anything he/she says because it is simply untrue.

Dwhitty76
#12 Posted : 6/16/2009 1:30:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah...man, we can work our way up the nexus ladder. We should just keep this thread going with endless frivolous chatter and work our way up to 5,000 posts in two months!!! We could be "bigshots" in the world of dmt (talk about an oxymoron). Laughing

The truth is...i think there are people out there that actually think like that.Luckily traveler and all the mods, wiki contributers and the rest of us have managed to keep this a postive place for people to learn,interact and have fun without ruling with an iron fist.

Hey, Idtravir.....i just noticed the Aesop Rock lyrics Nice! I love DeF Jux records.....company flow, cannibal ox. El-P is the man.
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

idtravlr
#13 Posted : 6/16/2009 5:38:27 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Dwhitty76 wrote:
Yeah...man, we can work our way up the nexus ladder. We should just keep this thread going with endless frivolous chatter and work our way up to 5,000 posts in two months!!! We could be "bigshots" in the world of dmt (talk about an oxymoron). Laughing

The truth is...i think there are people out there that actually think like that.Luckily traveler and all the mods, wiki contributers and the rest of us have managed to keep this a postive place for people to learn,interact and have fun without ruling with an iron fist.

Hey, Idtravir.....i just noticed the Aesop Rock lyrics Nice! I love DeF Jux records.....company flow, cannibal ox. El-P is the man.

Yeah, it's ironic that The DMT Nexus (cyber-home for the "worlds most powerful hallucinogen"...Rolling eyes ) is filled with some of most grounded, non-paranoid, REAL human beings that can be found out on the web. Actually, it's not ironic, but it would seem so to the passing tourist. Pleased

Right on Dwhitty76! Yeah! El-P and the Def Jux crew RULE! That's awesome that you recognized it! Aes is a fuckin' genius!! FYI there is a new FREE Cage EP download available on the Def Jux site right now. It's Pretty bad ass. Very new yet still with those old-school Cage style vocals. Go get it if you haven't already!

Peace brother,
-idt

-Terence McKenna

Dwhitty76
#14 Posted : 6/16/2009 5:31:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

idtravlr wrote:

Right on Dwhitty76! Yeah! El-P and the Def Jux crew RULE! That's awesome that you recognized it! Aes is a fuckin' genius!! FYI there is a new FREE Cage EP download available on the Def Jux site right now. It's Pretty bad ass. Very new yet still with those old-school Cage style vocals. Go get it if you haven't already!

Peace brother,
-idt

Thanx, for the info, brother. Going to the def jux site right now........

acolon_5
#15 Posted : 6/16/2009 5:56:04 PM

The Great Namah

thekratomforum was vendor run. Speciosa.com used to run it, but decided that it was a bad idea because, well, his kratom was not for human consumption!

A member took over running the forum about 5-6 months ago. Well, not really, Speciosa totally shut down the site and all posts were lost. The member had to start from scratch. Their forum helped me kick a nasty opiate habbit (that comes and goes still) so I am grateful to them.

I haven't been there in quite a while. I was unaware they were so strict over legals... I DO know they want a low profile on Kratom and do not like it being associated with "drugs". I can respect that and do understand their concern. Kratom has been banned in a state or two in the US and there are talks about making it illegal elsewhere.

However, you are more than free to talk about such things here without fear of being banned!
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

idtravlr
#16 Posted : 6/16/2009 9:39:29 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
Their forum helped me kick a nasty opiate habbit (that comes and goes still) so I am grateful to them.

I haven't been there in quite a while. I was unaware they were so strict over legals... I DO know they want a low profile on Kratom and do not like it being associated with "drugs". I can respect that and do understand their concern. Kratom has been banned in a state or two in the US and there are talks about making it illegal elsewhere.

However, you are more than free to talk about such things here without fear of being banned!

The case is the same for me acolon. Kratom has been a miracle plant for me in kicking a nasty opiate habit as well. I thought what I was posting was in the interest of protecting the plant, but then I got snapped at by a vendor. I suppose that set me off a little, and I probably got too riled up at that point... Embarrased Anyway, It's behind me now. No need to dwell or drag it out.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It's too bad we can't order pints in this Hyperspace Tavern and sit around and chat. Maybe we should start building a real "Hyperspace Tavern" for meeting up in hyperspace! Think of all the gorgeous hyperspace female entities that would be strolling around, morphing and twisting, and showing us magical things. Ahhh, third-eye candy! Twisted Evil

-Terence McKenna

acolon_5
#17 Posted : 6/16/2009 10:16:13 PM

The Great Namah

idtravlr wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:
Their forum helped me kick a nasty opiate habbit (that comes and goes still) so I am grateful to them.

The case is the same for me acolon. Kratom has been a miracle plant for me in kicking a nasty opiate habit as well. I thought what I was posting was in the interest of protecting the plant, but then I got snapped at by a vendor. I suppose that set me off a little, and I probably got too riled up at that point... Embarrased Anyway, It's behind me now. No need to dwell or drag it out.

Thanks for all the replies everyone. It's too bad we can't order pints in this Hyperspace Tavern and sit around and chat. Maybe we should start building a real "Hyperspace Tavern" for meeting up in hyperspace! Think of all the gorgeous hyperspace female entities that would be strolling around, morphing and twisting, and showing us magical things. Ahhh, third-eye candy! Twisted Evil

I know vendors do post on their, but unless things have changed it is member owned and run (well unless she started up a shop and became a vendor, very possible).

It has been a miracle plant. Low addiction potential, ease of tapering off, kills opiate w/d's...yeah, I'm suprised that detoxs don't use this...very strange. Sure beats methadone, hell it even is a lot better than a valium coma (sleeping through the w/d's).
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

idtravlr
#18 Posted : 6/16/2009 10:43:12 PM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
idtravlr wrote:
acolon_5 wrote:

I know vendors do post on their, but unless things have changed it is member owned and run (well unless she started up a shop and became a vendor, very possible).

It has been a miracle plant. Low addiction potential, ease of tapering off, kills opiate w/d's...yeah, I'm suprised that detoxs don't use this...very strange. Sure beats methadone, hell it even is a lot better than a valium coma (sleeping through the w/d's).

OK dude, you're reading my mind and since we're so on the same page I'm going to post a general summary of what happened w/o listing the name of the forum at all. I'll post it in Other Enteos...

-Terence McKenna

DMTripper
#19 Posted : 6/17/2009 2:13:58 AM

John Murdoch IV

Talking about kratom, I've only used it once and I was drinking beer and smoking pot also. I didn't like it too much. Felt a bit heavy. How do you like to use kratom. Do you mix it with something or use just kratom. What would be the best combination?
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

Dwhitty76
#20 Posted : 6/17/2009 2:38:31 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DMTripper wrote:
Talking about kratom, I've only used it once and I was drinking beer and smoking pot also. I didn't like it too much. Felt a bit heavy. How do you like to use kratom. Do you mix it with something or use just kratom. What would be the best combination?

For me personally......I HATE (i know it's a strong word) beer w/ kratom but it just messes up my stomache.

For a pure kratom experience, i would recommend trying it by itself.Actually someone on this forum (who'm i'm grateful to Wink ) turned me on to Treetopherbals.com....they are a top notch kratom vendor.I would try it as a tea and mabey test the "super indo" or the "enhanced bali".It might take a couple of tries to get a sense of how much you need, for your personal desired effect.

The first time i tried kratom.....i tried the "resin pies" (disgusting taste) but i did 15grams, which was way too much and i actually nodded out like i was on opium.

I respect the rules that they obide by at kratomsforum, because they are doing their best to protect it from becoming like salvia......Banned.

Kratom is certainly helping me with my troubles.

It's funny but 3 of us in this thread have more than one thing in common Cool

I'm sure we'd have a grand time hanging together in hyperspace or heck....even here on earth.

12NEXT