We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Precipitation--> Malt O' Meal Consistency *pics* Options

Karnov
#1 Posted : 12/18/2013 2:15:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, I got busy with life and fell off the hobby for awhile. Now I have some older bits and pieces that I don't exactly recall where I was at. The other day, I took what appeared to be dried DMT fumarates and sodium carbonate and put them in water, thinking this would dissolve the fumaric acid and set the freebase to floating in the water.

So, that didn't quite happen. Smile But I tried to pull with heptane and nothing would transfer. I decided that I'd better try acetone instead, so I separated off the heptane and grabbed what I *thought* was an unsaturated jar of anhydrous acetone. Turns out, at least I think, it may have been FASA. As soon as I added the acetone precipitation started. It got very chunky quickly. Something akin to Malt O' Meal or Applesauce. See pics.

Then I added some RO water to the mix and it would not separate to form layers. I added a pinch of sodium carbonate but this seemed to do nothing. Then I decided to toss it in the fridge. The second pics are what are growing now: big superman crystals that are either a) water ice b) sodium carbonate? c) DMT Fumarate.

Any advice or insight on what just happened would be nice. Thanks.
Karnov attached the following image(s):
IMG_3458.JPG (925kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
IMG_3459.JPG (907kb) downloaded 61 time(s).
IMG_3464.JPG (2,991kb) downloaded 62 time(s).
ZelmaBudFern2-3.jpg (2,668kb) downloaded 63 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.