We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Problems with VaporGenie Options

TheNtt
#1 Posted : 6/13/2009 4:30:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

For some reason SWIM cannot get DMT to vaporize properly out of his Vaporgenie. He has used it with success in the past though.
SWIM tried taking several tokes, and several more, with very little of the DMT actually getting vaporized.

He is using the leaf bed method.
He places a mixture of damiana and passionflower down first.
The last time he attempted to use the VG he loaded a breakthrough dose, and began to melt it into the damiana/passionflower bed.
He then sprinkled a tiny bit more damiana/passionflower on top, and attempted to blast off with no success.

On top of this, he has also had several friends attempt to vaporize the DMT with absolutely no luck at all.

SWIM cannot even begin to fathom why the exact same method he's successfully used in the past is no longer working. The DMT just doesn't seem to be getting vaporized and SWIM can't figure out why! I'm hoping that some of you VG users out there might be able to offer my friend some insight as to what is going wrong.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

SWIMfriend
#2 Posted : 6/13/2009 4:42:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Isn't it supposed to be possible for the ceramic thingy to get filled with soot?

DMT vaporizes at quite a low temperature (under 50 C, right?). It should be very easy to vaporize--if not burn.

Your ceramic thingy is not transferring heat as it should.

TheNtt
#3 Posted : 6/13/2009 8:15:53 AM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
Isn't it supposed to be possible for the ceramic thingy to get filled with soot?

DMT vaporizes at quite a low temperature (under 50 C, right?). It should be very easy to vaporize--if not burn.

Your ceramic thingy is not transferring heat as it should.

It is not filled with soot. VG's site says they should work anyway, if they are filled with soot.

SWIM understands that it is not transferring heat as it should. What could cause this to happen?
The thing worked 3 days ago. SWIM and multiple friends of his have tried using it since then, with no success.
I realize this may sound like an issue of hitting it properly, but SWIM has has had his VG for some time now, and has had really good results in the past.

SWIMfriend
#4 Posted : 6/13/2009 8:22:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm just trying to help...it's tricky to solve the problem without seeing it.

Certainly, we're talking SIMPLE laws of physics--that heat has to heat SOMETHING.

Could the ceramic element be mis-positioned somehow?

SWIMfriend
#5 Posted : 6/13/2009 8:24:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

As far as I can see, it has to be one of two things:

1) For some reason the heat is not being transferred through the ceramic element: maybe it's broken, or not placed correctly, etc.

2) There's some sort of crack or hole in the pipe, so that when you inhale through it, the air comes in somewhere that's not near the spice--so you never GET the vapor, even though it's making the vapor as it should be.

TheNtt
#6 Posted : 6/13/2009 6:04:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:
As far as I can see, it has to be one of two things:

1) For some reason the heat is not being transferred through the ceramic element: maybe it's broken, or not placed correctly, etc.

2) There's some sort of crack or hole in the pipe, so that when you inhale through it, the air comes in somewhere that's not near the spice--so you never GET the vapor, even though it's making the vapor as it should be.

Thank you very much for trying to help SWIMfriend. I didn't mean to come off as unappreciative of your input.

SWIM just tried to vaporize damiana alone without spice. The VG seems to be functioning fine.
Hopefully when he ads some DMT it will continue to work.

WSaged
#7 Posted : 6/14/2009 6:01:48 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Contrary to what I read a lot of people saying, I have not had much luck at all when trying to use my VaporGenie with DMT.
Although most folks rave on it!

I bought one specifically to try with spice, but didn't have much luck with it.Crying or very sad
So it has become one of my favorite MJ smoking devices!!!
Whenever I pick up a new strain, I usually smoke at least the first bowl using my VG, to check it out & see how "tasty" it really is.
Although regularly smoking herb out of the VG is a bit of a pain. You can only load up a small amount & you have to always keep stirring it up in between tokes, to keep it vaporizing evenly, etc...
But it tastes soooo good!

Have you cats seen the new Glass VaporGenie that are available now on the VG web-site?
Looks damn cool!!
And I would guess being able to keep an eye on the flame, the substance being vaporize & the resulting vapor would only help to make this thing even better!!
Plus, glass conducts & holds heat more efficiently, so I'd bet it's even better than the original!!
(the info at their site says the bowl is also 50% larger on the new glass version!! Nice!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!