We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
432hz vs 440hz Options

ab381
#1 Posted : 12/12/2013 4:43:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys ,

Just recently stumbled upon some interesting information regarding the tuning of 432hz as appose to the global standard tuning for music which is 440hz. The link provided below will basically explain the significance that 432hz can have on human consciousness and spiritual development. There is also handful of songs on YouTube that have been converted from 440hz to 432hz and personally i have found it makes music so much easier and on the ears as well as providing me with inner body vibrations while listening to them : also not to mention the fact i think music sounds so much better tuned with this frequency.

Anyways guys , check out the link and surf around YouTube for 432hz songs and then come to your own conclusion as i thought this would be an interesting topic that i wanted to share with everyone

http://sacredvalleytribe...es/other/back-to-432-hz/ - link explains 432hz

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

tango
#2 Posted : 12/12/2013 5:22:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing. I'm just beginning to understand what major impact sound has on me, so I'll try to see if I can notice the difference.

dooby
#3 Posted : 12/12/2013 10:48:12 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for sharing...

I recently became interested in this subject, your link seems like a good place to start gathering some knowledge Pleased
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

Parshvik Chintan
#4 Posted : 12/12/2013 9:50:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
By retuning musical instruments and using concert pitch at 432 hertz instead of 440 hertz, your at oms and DNA starts to resonate in harmony with the PHI spiral of nature.

[citation needed]
My wind instrument is the bong
CHANGA IN THE BONGA!
ๆจน

imPsimon
#5 Posted : 12/12/2013 10:30:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What ^ said.
The article throws out a lot of claims without giving any scientific data to support it.

442hz is also a very common tuning nowadays.

dooby
#6 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:04:47 AM

DMT-Nexus member

It's very unfortunate that something you instinctively "know" to be true is often presented to the public in a way that, in many cases, borders on pseudo-science (or worse)...

If my info is correct, 440 hZ was "invented" by the Nazis... I do not think these guys ever invented anything that didn't serve their agenda... So yes, there may be some aspect of the 440 hZ tuning that influences people in some way, to some extent, at some level...

You don't need knowledge of music to appreciate the difference between a good and a bad sound-system - it's easy enough to hear (and it can greatly affect the listening experience)...

You also don't need to believe in most of the mumbo jumbo numerology that is used to "prove" that the 432 tuning is all over the bible - you can simply hear the difference, and yes, 432 hZ tuning does sound different and better than 440 hZ...

By the way, there are countless non-related examples of the influence that sound can have on a person (even deaf people) so let's not dismiss this idea entirely because of the way some people are presenting it?

PLUR
My avatar was taken from google images and is actually a work of art by NEIL GIBSON, credit where credit is due!

Bodies don't have souls - souls have bodies

Old enough to know better, young enough to try again

soulfood
#7 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:29:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

Isn't it less about the frequency itself and more the relation between it and how the notes are arranged around it?

Like A=440 is from a system that has been mathematically simplified to make it more universally applicable whereas 432 is from a world where my bass guitar can't tune to your violin?

Isn't it also true that even the best players in the world will be a couple of hz out on most of the notes they play, rendering such a pick of a nit pointless?

I for one have never been able to tell the difference between music that is tuned one way or the other. It certainly wouldn't have me change my radio station in disgust.

benzyme
#8 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:38:30 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

what is this poppycock about DNA resonating to music tuned to 432 Hz? Surprised
how would one even show evidence for such a wild claim?

if you seriously entertain that claim, please just give me your money. i'll
convince you, with some hand-waving and new-agey jargon, that your money
is bad for your chi.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

Hyperspace Fool
#9 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:33:39 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm not going to even weigh in on the purported effects of 432hz music, but I will say that I have been interested in various alternate tunings since forever. From the first time I tuned a string instrument (it was actually a viola in my case) I wondered "Why that pitch?"

I tended to do it by feel when I was young. Just tuning my guitars sharp or flat. I found out that Jimi Hendrix tuned a half step down, and I liked that a lot, though it was mostly because the strings were looser. I guess the pitches would be the same just offset by a fret. I liked being a bit sharper than the guys I played with as well... that always seemed to make my lead lines cut out a tad more through the mix.

I remember when various spiritual frequency concepts came around. First, just before the vaunted "Harmonic Convergence." If you remember that then you are not only old like me... but also a freaky new age hippy. Heheheeh.

I've messed with Sofeggio, 528 hz (the Love frequency), and 432 hz... in addition to Hindustani and Carnatic tunings and even freakier stuff. The real fun begins when you toss out the idea of 12 notes per octave. Heheheh.

I say try em all. Have fun... knock yerself out. If you vibe with something, go for it. No need to justify it with psuedo science or try to convince hard headed materialists who think our experience of music is just neurons firing anyway. Waste of time.

Here is a site that talks about a number of the more famous "spiritual" tunings: http://attunedvibrations.com/528hz-tuning/ They even have examples of Solfeggio, 432 hz, and 528 hz stuff (don't expect anything incredible). But the chart for various tunings is useful. Spoiler alert, you tune to 444 hz to get the 528 love frequency.

Ciao hommies
HSF
"Curiouser and curiouser..." ~ Alice

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it." ~ Buddha

Jin
#10 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:38:21 AM

yes

benzyme wrote:
what is this poppycock about DNA resonating to music tuned to 432 Hz? Surprised
how would one even show evidence for such a wild claim?

if you seriously entertain that claim, please just give me your money. i'll
convince you, with some hand-waving and new-agey jargon, that your money
is bad for your chi.

yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
illusions !, there are no illusions
there is only that which is the truth

Doodazzle
#11 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:56:08 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Alright, so this 432hz thing has been getting bounced around lately...

I've always tuned my guitar by ear, never owned a tuning device.

I really didn't think it mattered too much....idk, I guess I just tune to what feels right. Listening to songs back to back, the 432hz version and the 440 versions and wow--this seems to make a marked difference! Just now I picked up my ukulele to tune it up to 432hz and guess what Smile it already was--that's where my casual, tune-by-ear had already placed it.

"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as a judge of Truth and Knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the gods." Albert Einstein

I appreciate your perspective.

tango
#12 Posted : 12/13/2013 5:01:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just had an epiphany reading the wikipedia entry on the spiral thing. At the end, it is mentioned that the spiral pattern allows organisms to grow without changing shape. It all makes sense now.

samomi
#13 Posted : 12/13/2013 10:26:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I would highly recommend The Musical Octave for reading
Except his own thoughts, he has a big list of books.

Also in Gurdjieff book "Belzebubs tales to his grandson in chapter "41" some semiscientific data about music theory could be found.

Do you have an idea on whether it's possible to have rigid I-tal standards for tuning in nature - for example birds singing etc. ?

And your opinions please oin how to divide an octave in 12 notes ? Twisted Evil
believe in nexus

DreaMTripper
#14 Posted : 12/13/2013 10:53:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I have no idea why but 432 just sounds happier music to me.

ZenSpice
#15 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:58:42 PM

Mostly Ignored

I believe from my own reading that this all goes back to Pythagoras theory of harmonics..

'A' = 432 Hz was derived as being the frequency for A by Pythagoras when notes were stacked in perfect fifths, starting from D, in ratios of 3:2. I think a scene in one of the RDJ Sherlock Holmes movies touches on this (he uses a viola to control insects flight paths or something).

The first place I came across this was in the book "Secret Teachings of All Ages" by Manly P Hall.

When it comes to which is more harmonious, well I would go with good ol' Master P over the Nazis. Besides, Phil Collins sounds much better in 432 (even is converted from original 440 master) >_<

jbark
#16 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:26:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

tango wrote:
I just had an epiphany reading the wikipedia entry on the spiral thing. At the end, it is mentioned that the spiral pattern allows organisms to grow without changing shape. It all makes sense now.

Take a look at how Paris grew: they quarried rock from under the city (now known as the catacombs), and left structural walls that formed subterranean streets. To quarry closest to where you are building, starting from the centre and heading out, you have no choice but to create a spiral from that centre point. And thus the structure of Paris and its "Arrondissements" (means neighbourhood, but literally translated: "roundings"Pleased

Sorry for the offtopic, but I know little about frequencies, but I know what I like to hear. Pleased

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

ZenSpice
#17 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:49:35 PM

Mostly Ignored

Well forgive the added interruption and basic look of this video but I feel it connects.. What with talk of spirals, structure, music and such..

Perhaps, perhaps not.. Still, it's Bach!

tango
#18 Posted : 12/13/2013 3:01:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

jbark wrote:
[quote=tango] To quarry closest to where you are building, starting from the centre and heading out, you have no choice but to create a spiral from that centre point. And thus the structure of Paris and its "Arrondissements" (means neighbourhood, but literally translated: "roundings"Pleased

Sorry for the offtopic, but I know little about frequencies, but I know what I like to hear. Pleased

JBArk

A spiral from the center point. That's exactly it, that's what happened to me! Where can I read more about this stuff?

imPsimon
#19 Posted : 12/13/2013 4:19:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

samomi wrote:
And your opinions please oin how to divide an octave in 12 notes ? Twisted Evil

The 12 tones are: A-A#/Bb-B-C-C#/DB-D-D#/Eb-E-F-F#/Gb-G-G#/Ab
(edit: the octave only counts the Whole steps, A-B-C-D-E-F-G and then A again ringing one octave higher)

Note that between E to F and B to C there is only half a step, not a whole tone value.
Also depending on what scale you are playing you could either
write for example A# or Bb but it's the same tone you are hearing.

As for pitch standards.
Unless someone comes up with any evidence
to this special-hz-resonating-with-your-DNA-mojo thingy, pitch is relative.
A 432 hz piano sounds good with a 432hz violin.
It's not like the standard have always been 432hz though and then the evil Nazis came and made everybody
play their evil pitch. (440 was proposed as a standard in the mid 1800s)
The pitch standard have changed a lot trough history.

Here's an incomplete list of many pitch standards. The page also contains a lot of history of musical pitches
and references to 432hz tuning etc.

'History of Musical Pitch' - a table prepared by Mr. A. J. Ellis and published in 1880 (with additions from later publications)
http://www.dolmetsch.com...heory27.htm#chartofpitch

tango
#20 Posted : 12/13/2013 4:46:03 PM

DMT-Nexus member

imPsimon wrote:
[quote=samomi]
A 432 hz piano sounds good with a 432hz violin.

Could it be that certain people like certain music because they're tuned for it and make a good combo with that particular sound, in the same way the 432hz piano and the 432hz violin work well together?

12NEXT