We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
The role of Baeocystin and Norbaeocystin Options

Ginkgo
#1 Posted : 6/12/2009 9:17:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

As you might now, there are great differences in effects you get from different kind of strains of mushrooms. Some of this can be attributed to the difference in Psilocybin and Psilocin content, as Psilocybin has more body effects and need to be converted to Psilocin before it can cross the blood-brain-barrier.

But what about Baeocystin and Norbaeocystin? What are their role? They are normally found in only minute quantities, but could they have an impact on the effects?

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

burnt
#2 Posted : 6/12/2009 9:32:47 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

edit* I realized you meant their role in the trip not why its in the mushroom. There could be no role or they could be active in the doses from a normal dose of mushrooms it would suggest they are quite active if they are found at low concentrations. No one really knows I don't think.

*edit SWIM has also noticed differences between mushroom strains for sure. Can't explain how though.

Z E D
#3 Posted : 6/12/2009 10:20:38 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Evening Glory wrote:
As you might now, there are great differences in effects you get from different kind of strains of mushrooms.

I though this was yet to be tested, because:

- Measuring effects is very subjective;
- Substrate of cultivation affects the rate of alkaloyds;
- Storage or preparation procedures may vary.

soulman
#4 Posted : 6/12/2009 10:31:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

One of the things i hadnt realised until the other day after reading it, and found very interesting, is that DMT is one of the select few molecules on which it activley absoarbed across the blood brain barrier. Theblood brain barriers serves to only allow useful molecules into the neural tissue itself. The barrier will allow thing the brain does require such as oxygen, glucose and essential amino acids. So the question is why does the brain actually expend enery (active transport) to get dmt across the barrier?
You have to go within or you go without

burnt
#5 Posted : 6/12/2009 11:14:36 PM

DMT-Nexus member

DMT binds to a number of receptors inside the brain. Plus it appears to be made outside the brain and thus needs a way to get in. Since its not that lipid soluble it appears to be activily transported. I am unsure if the same channel that lets in seretonin also lets in dmt?

Ginkgo
#6 Posted : 6/13/2009 2:18:02 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Z E D wrote:
Evening Glory wrote:
As you might now, there are great differences in effects you get from different kind of strains of mushrooms.

I though this was yet to be tested, because:

- Measuring effects is very subjective;
- Substrate of cultivation affects the rate of alkaloyds;
- Storage or preparation procedures may vary.

Indeed it is subjective, but to my mind there is no question if it really is the case. I have done my fair share of mushrooms, to put it nicely, and I must say there are indeed great differences in effect from strain to strain. I.e., take P. semilanceata and P. cubensis. P. semilanceata has alot more of body effects, while P. cubensis is somewhat more visual. I am absolutely sure that I would be able to distinguish these two strains in a blind test.

jamie
#7 Posted : 6/13/2009 6:29:25 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I get differences as well..psilocybe cyanescenes have always been the most immobilizing and visual for me..stropharia cube's are very visual as well, but not in the way cyan's are(in my experience)..I have yet to experiment with liberty caps.. 3 grams of cyanescenes(the ones I get anyway) though will completely shatter my ego to the point of breakthrough..they scare me. I usually dont take more than 1.5 grams of them anymore at once. and I know its not LSD in them becasue the trip is usually never longer than 6 hours.
Long live the unwoke.

polytrip
#8 Posted : 6/13/2009 6:52:53 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Location: A speck of dust in endless space, like everyone else.
shrooms that contain baeocystin are always very potent in my opinion. thus, it must play a role either on itself, or in potentiating psilocin's effects.

burnt
#9 Posted : 6/13/2009 7:01:56 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Who says what compound is in each mushroom strain more? I would be curious to see this information and find its source.

69ron
#10 Posted : 6/13/2009 7:18:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

fractal enchantment wrote:
I get differences as well..psilocybe cyanescenes have always been the most immobilizing and visual for me..stropharia cube's are very visual as well, but not in the way cyan's are(in my experience)..I have yet to experiment with liberty caps.. 3 grams of cyanescenes(the ones I get anyway) though will completely shatter my ego to the point of breakthrough..they scare me. I usually dont take more than 1.5 grams of them anymore at once. and I know its not LSD in them becasue the trip is usually never longer than 6 hours.

SWIM grew his own Psilocybe cyanescens, Psilocybe azurescens, and Psilocybe cubensis many years ago, so he knows the effects of each in an intimate way and without the possibility of them being laced with LSD or anything else. Lacing mushrooms with psychoactives is actually more common than people would like to believe.

Of the three, Psilocybe cyanescens is the most like LSD or pure psilocin. It’s quite euphoric and visual, but a very clean experience. This is perhaps SWIM’s favorite mushroom. It feels the least toxic of the three.

Psilocybe cubensis is very speedy for SWIM and very unlike LSD. It’s slightly toxic feeling at large doses.

Psilocybe azurescens is the most visual. It’s more like DMT than like the other mushrooms. It’s got a heavy, almost sedating quality to it at high doses. It also feels slightly toxic at high doses.
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

polytrip
#11 Posted : 6/13/2009 7:55:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

burnt wrote:
Who says what compound is in each mushroom strain more? I would be curious to see this information and find its source.

I'm absolutely shure that i've seen a graph, showing the psilocin, psilocybin and baeocystin content of various types of shroom, somewhere. I don't recall what the source was, but i think if you google 'content of shooms', 'baeocystin content' or simmilar terms, you will eventually get there. azurescens and semilanceata where the two shroomtytpes whit the highest baeocystin content as far as i remember and they are also, together with the cyanescens, the most psychedelic type of shrooms i know.

Z E D
#12 Posted : 7/12/2009 4:58:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

polytrip wrote:
burnt wrote:

I'm absolutely shure that i've seen a graph, showing the psilocin, psilocybin and baeocystin content of various types of shroom, somewhere. I don't recall what the source was, but i think if you google 'content of shooms', 'baeocystin content' or simmilar terms, you will eventually get there. azurescens and semilanceata where the two shroomtytpes whit the highest baeocystin content as far as i remember and they are also, together with the cyanescens, the most psychedelic type of shrooms i know.

well beetween species that differences really occur, think you are talking about the graph in Paul Stamets' Psilocybin Mushrooms o The World

but beetween strains... Psilocybe cubensis Mex, P. cubensis B+, P. cubensis Thai Koh Samui etc... never saw nothing very objective about it

Jumiem
#13 Posted : 7/12/2009 5:20:06 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I've felt like cool climate vs. warm climate varieties is where the vast differences occur. Not taking into account the time or season of consumption.
I guess it's about time for our William Tell routine.

West-en
#14 Posted : 7/12/2009 12:30:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If I recall correctly, Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty caps) contain a much higher amount of Baeocystin than other ones. Also, people seem to report more mindfuck from these kinds of shrooms, than for example Psilocybe Cubensis (which seem to be low in baeocystin). Can this be a correlation?
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

polytrip
#15 Posted : 7/13/2009 7:05:49 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Z E D wrote:
polytrip wrote:
burnt wrote:

well beetween species that differences really occur, think you are talking about the graph in Paul Stamets' Psilocybin Mushrooms o The World

but beetween strains... Psilocybe cubensis Mex, P. cubensis B+, P. cubensis Thai Koh Samui etc... never saw nothing very objective about it

I believe that's correct. I don't know about the different strains either. I think on that level it's hard to say anything, since it's probably growing conditions as much as the strain that eventually determine the result in tryptamine-content.

When mushrooms where still legal here in holland, the shops sold just one strain of cubensis under different names. a pack of small ones would be named thai koh samui, and a pack of large ones mexicana, etc.
Apparently they managed to breed shrooms with different tryptamine content from one strain.

SnozzleBerry
#16 Posted : 8/2/2009 5:24:53 AM

omnia sunt communia!

Moderator | Skills: Growing (plants/mushrooms), Research, Extraction troubleshooting, Harmalas, Revolution (theory/practice)

Quote:
Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty caps) contain a much higher amount of Baeocystin than other ones. Also, people seem to report more mindfuck from these kinds of shrooms, than for example Psilocybe Cubensis (which seem to be low in baeocystin)

SWIM can vouch for this after a friend received a massive amount of Semilanceatas from Oregon. There are a couple internet articles that have detailed information on the baeocystin and norbaeocystin content in various strains of mushrooms, but they conflict on what the actual acute effects of the two chemicals are. The mindfuck on those boomers was out of control, by the way, serious god-complex issues and egoic struggles. They were also highly agitating physically.
WikiAttitudeFAQ
The NexianNexus ResearchThe OHT
In New York, we wrote the legal number on our arms in marker...To call a lawyer if we were arrested.
In Istanbul, People wrote their blood types on their arms. I hear in Egypt, They just write Their names.
גם זה יעבור

Otiliya
#17 Posted : 8/14/2009 9:25:08 PM

DMT-Nexus member

West-en wrote:
If I recall correctly, Psilocybe Semilanceata (Liberty caps) contain a much higher amount of Baeocystin than other ones. Also, people seem to report more mindfuck from these kinds of shrooms, than for example Psilocybe Cubensis (which seem to be low in baeocystin). Can this be a correlation?

polytrip wrote:
burnt wrote:

http://www.erowid.org/pl...ms/mushrooms_info4.shtml that's the one
i hope its at least within reasonable amount of accuracy. azurescens is sooo potent good gawd! supposedly <2g with an MAOI should send one to lvl 5 on the scale or whatever.

Dorge
#18 Posted : 8/16/2009 6:12:17 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

swim was lucky enough to find some baeocystin mushrooms one fall, right before halloween... of all the people ingesting them they all reported that the effects of the mushrooms felt like psillymenthol... the body high had a menthol sort of feel to it. a cool mint feeling, sor tof refreshing but different then any of had ever felt...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

69ron
#19 Posted : 8/16/2009 6:24:29 AM

DMT-Nexus member

"psillymenthol"? That's the first I heard that word.

Can you elaborate a little? Where any of the other effects different?
You may remember me as 69Ron. I was suspended years ago for selling bunk products under false pretenses. I try to sneak back from time to time under different names, but unfortunately, the moderators of the DMT-Nexus are infinitely smarter than I am.

If you see me at the waterpark, please say hello. I'll be the delusional 50 something in the American flag Speedo, oiling up his monster guns while responding to imaginary requests for selfies from invisible teenage girls.

Dorge
#20 Posted : 8/16/2009 9:00:47 AM

Chen Cho Dorge

baeyos are a pretty rare mushroom to find...
so ah i dont hear of any one else ever telling me it was like that... some experts saying that they feel different. but thats all.
the only difference was a cool sort of mentholated feeling that every one reported... that was the only difference.

oh and by the way with azzies...
be carefull people are way to careless with them. multip,le people swim has known have had short term paralysis, or to be more exact loss of motor control. one guy got arrested out side of a rave they thought he had over dosed, another freind fell off his bike in the rain and cold and just layed in a ditch for 5 hours because he couldnt move, same as the other guy. Swim got a lazy eye for a week after and 1/8th in a flotation tank. total mind scramble, didnt know who he was, total word salad when talking ( an actual medical term) panic at not being able to articulate a thought, then bam went cock eyed and everything was crossed over on everything else like tryign to look at somethign cross eyed and i ended up with a lazy eye for a week.
if you work with them take small doses...
cyans have been known to also in higher doses bring about that massive confusion, and word salad problem. not a good time. it is more frequently happening with them then say libertys or some types of cubes...
thai cubes have a really amazing and gental reputation.
there has been some talk too about differences in preperation. that perhaps a tea is easier on the system. eating rooms raw is never a good idea... no matter what kind they are...
Dorge is cooperatively owned and cooperatively run by various hyperspacial entities working as a collabertive sentience project for the betterment of sentient exploration.

Offical Changa web sitehttp://changa.esotericpharma.org/

12NEXT