We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Synthetic Mescal vs. Mescaline Tea Options

explorer7
#1 Posted : 12/9/2013 1:01:46 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DM Turner writes:
"Like psilocybin, mescaline tends to link me with collective evolutionary consciousness more than synthetics like LSD. Mescaline has a unique signature in this context which I find most magical, a feeling that the Gods or protective allies are smiling down on me. The duration can be 6 to 14 hours depending on the amount consumed."

In your experience, does synthetic mescaline or mescaline tea gives more of the connection to the "collective evolutionary consciousness"?

everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

dreamer042
#2 Posted : 12/9/2013 2:34:26 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

jfreak
#3 Posted : 12/13/2013 1:04:53 AM
DMT-Nexus member

only tried san pedro, and peruvian torch. As well as 2ci, 2ce, and 2ct-7. the cactus tea or full spectrum alcohol extract most definitely gave the earthy connection feeling, in fact i saw mescalito smiling down at me in the clouds and was content to skateboard around like i was flying and lay on the grass watching the paths of the birds in the sky for hours revelling in the beauty of nature. 2ci and 2ce seemed way more synthetic, gave me a headache, way less "complete" feeling and didn't really seem to heighten my connection to nature in the way the cactus did. I would like to try just mescaline, but i expect i would enjoy the full spectrum cactus resin the most. I think that's the way to go, it keeps the whole spirit of the plant. Kinda like the difference between some good pot and synthetic thc.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 12/13/2013 2:03:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Considering it is purified and free from impurities, mescaline is mescaline ... I don`t think anybody could tell them appart in a blind test if it is synthetic or natural.

Crude cactus preparations could potentially be different than purified mescaline due to other alkaloids present which might be active by themselves or potentiate mescaline, or substances in the cactus which could enhance or worsen absorption of those alkaloids. Though I think usually the other alkaloids are in too small amount to have significant effect, and if dosage was standardized, it would possibly be indistinguishable from purified mescaline.

dg
#5 Posted : 12/13/2013 3:35:23 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

"collective evolutionary consciousness"?

whatever your perceptions of ^ is then good for you. be it synthetic or natural
spirituality is in the brain. not in the drug.

ps. endlessness is right on as usual

Bancopuma
#6 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:17:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I've had a fair bit of experience with San Pedro and Peruvian torch, both in natural and extract form, and I've had three doses of synthetic mescaline hcl (500mg each time, the last time was with LSD).

I was personally surprised to find just how very different the experiences were to one another. I found the visions on the cactus to be much more intricate, beautiful, colourful and liquid. The cactus also felt much warmer, grounded, earthy and benign whereas the synthemesc felt more shallow and superficial, and less deep for me. The visions on the pure mescaline weren't as colourful for me, and behind closed eye lids while peaking, my friends and I found the visions kinda jumbled, messy and confusing, they weren't really colourful or beautiful and there were very few actual images or visions, more just visual patterning, certainly not breathtakingly profound! For me this marks a stark contrast to the cactus, where the trip seemed to unfold like a story, seeming to have some guided narrative. This wasn't at all as apparent on the synthetic mescaline. Also a few of my friends experienced states of anxiety and fear on the synthemesc (never had this with cacus), I didn't but I had had a lot more experience with cactus than them. The synthemesc also seemed to be a lot more affected by set and setting than the cactus which seemed in a way more solid and grounded and less influenced by outside factors. Euphoria was apparent in the right situation but wasn't by any means a guarantee...I recall it liberally over flowing with cactus. Pure mescaline also surprised me by being much more sedating than the cactus which I wasn't expecting (everyone tripping experienced this each time), I thought it may have been the other alkaloids in the cactus that produced this effect. But at 500mg hcl, one had little desire to move around, if they did their efforts would tended to be met with nausea and desire to chill out. I definitely find cactus more user friendly than synthemesc.

So while I only experienced this three times, it was very similar in feel each of those three times, even though the setting was different and the people I was journeying with each time were different. So in conclusion I wouldn't be in a hurry to fork out for synthesmesc, so it must be that the other alkaloids in the cactus bring something else to the party as the difference between them was profound, and in my experience the cactus is definitely superior for the reasons I've mentioned.

explorer7
#7 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:27:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Bancopuma, brilliant brother, thanks for clarity ... onwards with the cactus.
everything i write is for the purposes of creative expression and writing a science fiction novel.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:41:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. The two times I took synthetic mescaline I had an amazing experience and definitely had the "telling a story" kind of effects, and so did my friend. IME it was indistinguishable from extracted purified mescaline.

Bancopuma
#9 Posted : 12/13/2013 12:52:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

^^Yeah this was what I had heard about it and was kinda expecting/hoping for... But no for myself it was world's apart each time. I think DM Turner even said that his most amazing visions with mescaline came via the synthetic stuff, so different strokes for different folks I guess, we're all individuals and seem to react accordingly. Funny.

Auxin
#10 Posted : 12/13/2013 11:18:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Trichocereus cacti, as well as peyote, have an array of accessory alkaloids of both phenolic and non-acidic types which are selectively removed by various purification procedures.
Cactus tea will be just a stew of these other alkaloids, many of them active. Isolated cactus alkaloid crystals typically range from a mix of non-phenolic phenethylamine alkaloids to pure mescaline.
As endlessness said, pure mescaline is pure mescaline regardless of source.
...but a cactus stew or a mouth full of raw peyote is far from pure mescaline Wink

endlessness
#11 Posted : 12/14/2013 12:09:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Which other alkaloids in peyote are supposed to be active, at what dosages, and at what quantities are they present in peyote?

downwardsfromzero
#12 Posted : 12/14/2013 12:36:05 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

dg wrote:

[...]

And the brain is in...? Wink

“There is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli

dg
#13 Posted : 12/14/2013 1:04:01 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Cacti expert

downwardsfromzero wrote:
dg wrote:

[...]

And the brain is in...? Wink

umm your skull

explorer7
#14 Posted : 12/14/2013 2:24:32 AM

DMT-Nexus member

that's the big question, whether consciousness is a product of the brain or the brain is a receiver (think radio antenna) for consciousness which is everywhere and everything.
this will of course take up completely off the topic