We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
8 weeks flowering Chrystal Options

RoGu3
#1 Posted : 12/6/2013 6:16:43 AM

DMT-Nexus member

My Chrystal female 8 weeks into flower

It is Northern Lights x White Widow. I wanted to share a picture of her. Its my first plant

Don't be afraid, Don't be afraid, Let everything flow through you

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

#2 Posted : 12/6/2013 6:32:45 AM

Game Master

Pretty. Looks like she can flower at least two more weeks. But I've been there, first plant, always an early harvest.
Fear, belief, love phenomena that determined the course of our lives. These forces begin long before we are born and continue after we perish. We cross and recross our old paths like figure skaters; our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
---David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

CatchThirtyThr33
#3 Posted : 12/6/2013 7:05:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Beautiful RoGu3, she looks like quite happy. Congrats!

RoGu3
#4 Posted : 12/6/2013 8:22:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks 112233 and CatchThirtyThr33.

I was plannin to harvest before christmas time for sure!

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

DreaMTripper
#5 Posted : 12/6/2013 8:52:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmmm thats a tasty looking plant! A cross of 2 great strains particularly NL im drooling here. Are you going to harvest with clear trichomes?

Mitakuye Oyasin
#6 Posted : 12/6/2013 9:07:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Looks nice, bet it smells good too. Next pic put a lighter or something next to it so we can see how big it is. Make sure to cure it really well. Too many people grow nice flowers then do not properly cure them. With the less nice looking flowers you might want to place a few of them into a clean glass mason jar, cover them completely in Evercleer or Bacardi 151 and shake for about 2 minutes, filter through a coffee filter and collect all drippings into a flat bottom glass baking dish. Evap all liquid and scrap up the thin layer of goodness left befind with a razor blade and you will have some amazing concentrate of your plant to enjoy within 24 hours or less of your harvest. If you use a heating pad and a fan it evaps really quickly. I've found this the best way to sample a new harvest. Because the buds are still fresh and full of water the chlorophyl should not really come through into the Everceer (ethanol) like it would if they were dry. I'd suggest Hexane for dry buds and trim. Let us know how it turns out.
Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous.
— Terence McKenna

All my posts are hypothetical and for educational/entertainment purposes, and are not an endorsement of said activities. SWIM (a fictional character based on other people) either obtained a license for said activity, did said activity where it is legal to do so, or as in most cases the activity is completely fictional.

3rdI
#7 Posted : 12/6/2013 9:09:20 AM

veni, vidi, spici

epically beautiful, happy xmas RoGu3
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

RoGu3
#8 Posted : 12/6/2013 10:26:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm gonna harvest the first signs of amber trichs

Indeed it smells delicious! I'm not tryin to do concentrates just yet but when I have more plants goin I definitely want to do that with some herb!

And thanks 3rdI happy xmas to you aswell!

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Randomness
#9 Posted : 12/10/2013 5:06:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

You want to make sure you trim those yellow crispy leaves out of the herb when you harvest. The crunchy bits have a harsh smoke to em.

If say you got a week or two left before the chop. Let the Calyxes swell a bit.

DoingKermit
#10 Posted : 12/11/2013 6:23:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I do love both Northern Lights and White Widow, so a cross sounds tasty! I grew both those strains many years ago. It's an amazing feeling to smoke your own plants… specially after caring for them for so long.

Congrats!

RoGu3
#11 Posted : 12/12/2013 9:02:01 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yup I trimmed all the yellow and most of the nute burned leaves. Thanks Randomness

And indeed Kermit she is a beauty for sure thank you sir! For a first plant I'm happy!

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Randomness
#12 Posted : 12/12/2013 1:04:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

What kind of light are you using? Hps?

I got a bit of experience with the herb and on a good day can get 1.2 to 1.3 Gpw out of homemade LEDs and have helped friends to get about 1.0 gpw of HPS light.

I can tell you that IMHO the best way to increase your yield is to carefully structure your plant so that you get the maximum amount of light to each cola. Sea of green does this by ensuring lots of small plants grow to an even size and get an even light distribution. You can do this with a single plant through the use of SCROG or pruning and subsequent training with wire.

Here is a pic of an old sticky grown using SCROG.

I have changed my technique since then to wire / string training and use sidelights growing a cube plant as opposed to a flat canopy. I have found that like this I can achieve a maximum bud density of around 1000g per m2 of floor space with adequate lighting and about 80 cm headroom for the plant to grow.

If you ever need any tips give us a PM
Randomness attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (2,122kb) downloaded 184 time(s).

RoGu3
#13 Posted : 12/13/2013 2:28:59 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That looks amazing, I want to do a SCROG really badly. Ill probably try it out in the near future.

I'm using a 150w HPS from seed to harvest

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Randomness
#14 Posted : 12/13/2013 9:39:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

150w hps should do you fine. The pic above was 72w of good LED light (not a crappy UFO)

150w hps should do 40cm2 (or at a push 50cm2) for a scrog.
May I suggest you supplement your hps with about 4-8 good Cree 455nm royal blue LEDs. If you have a look at the spectral output of a hps it is really weak in the blue department but strong for the red end of the spectrum. About 5% of the light energy should be in the blue spectrum for optimum growth. The blue LEDs for reef tanks are ideal for this and led group buy is brilliant for components.

You should be able to get 150 to 165 g with your light plus a few blue LEDs.

It does not get properly mentioned that photosynthesis is like a triangle with heat, light and co2. If any of these factors are deficient increasing the others will be of no use. These factors need the correct balance and to much of either will bring your grow away from optimum. To many people focus on all these boost additives you can buy without taking into account that photosynthesis provides the energy to use these additives. So unless you have your triangle of light, heat and co2 spot on then the additives are just an expensive gimmick.

When trying to improve your setup focus on the weak point be it light, temp or ventilation(co2).

If doing a bedroom grow always grow at night when you will be asleep or in your room. You will raise the co2 level for your plant just by being there.

For a SCROG I always let the plant grow two sets of internodes then cut the top off above this point. After this I give it three more days of 18 / 6 then reduce the light by one hour a day until I hit 12 / 12.

I also cut some holes in the top of my pot and as the plant grows its four branches (from the two sets of internodes) I train these to grow outwards to the side of the pot using thin wire.

When the plant has filled the diameter of the pot then I would put the screen above and train the plant under the screen for a further two weeks(ish) and then let it grow up and flower.

You can control the growth buy lowering the tips and redistributing auxins (google them) to the lower branches/ bud sites.

Now for a controversial tip. If I have any buds growing to high and making the canopy uneven I cut the tops off before they grow any more than half a gram of flower.

I have put up a picture of a plant one week into 12 / 12 under 72w led and another of a fluffy bud. All my pics are quite old as my gf deleted all my newer ones.

Back in the day I used to use 1000w with DWC for bigger grows but now I use 115w of led and coir and aim for 130 to 140g nice herb (just for me) from a small grow. I would like to get it up to 150 to 160 but that will be breaking 1000g per m2 which is hard to do (especially with high grade genetics).

You will find a lot of people on grow forums arguing about what lights or grow medium are best but what it really boils down to is maximising the potential in your grow space providing the triangle for photosynthesis and finding what techniques work best for that area. What works well on a large scale may not on a small scale and vice versa.

Anyway all the best with your next grow.

Peace
Randomness attached the following image(s):
image.jpg (1,118kb) downloaded 178 time(s).
image.jpg (981kb) downloaded 179 time(s).

MaNoMaNoM
#15 Posted : 12/15/2013 3:19:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Did any one else hear that sacred chanting music when they saw the pictures!
Love
You lucky people, i have just got to get my hands on a lady like that sometime.

*ALL WAYS WITH LOVE

DreaMTripper
#16 Posted : 12/15/2013 7:17:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Drool, Ive forgotten what good weed looks tastes and feels like i can only get badly grown unflushed uncured weak stringy stuff Sad

RoGu3
#17 Posted : 12/16/2013 1:08:54 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Picked a bottom bud to cure Smile She really lives up to her name lol

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

DreaMTripper
#18 Posted : 12/16/2013 1:37:05 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Mmmm.... *unsubscribes from topic* Razz

RoGu3
#19 Posted : 12/25/2013 4:16:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

DreaMTripper wrote:
Mmmm.... *unsubscribes from topic* Razz

Harvested the main cola at 11 weeks. She's about 25 grams now dry on the outside

I AM Everything

You're In Class
A Nice Little Place

Michal_R
#20 Posted : 12/26/2013 5:46:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Drool

12NEXT