We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
The Revolutionary Potential of Psychedelics Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 11/30/2013 5:59:12 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Great article! Thumbs up

Quote:
Psychedelic substances are resurging into the popular culture in ways unrivaled since the starry-eyed, long-haired baby boomers of the 1960′s dropped acid and discovered peace and promiscuity. However, today’s generation of visionary psychonauts are making a much more measured movement to the mainstream than the hundred thousand hippies who descended on San Francisco in 1967′s summer of love. While they were encouraged to “tune in, turn on, and drop out” by revolutionary ex-Harvard scientist turned LSD evangelist Timothy Leary, modern proponents such as philosopho-comedian Joe Rogan and alternative archeology researcher Graham Hancock feel quite a bit more level headed, and dare I say credible, in their advocation of these consciousness bending chemicals...

http://www.aaronmoritz.n...tential-of-psychedelics/
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

nexalizer
#2 Posted : 12/1/2013 12:14:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Loved itThumbs up
This is the time to really find out who you are and enjoy every moment you have. Take advantage of it.

benzyme
#3 Posted : 12/1/2013 12:23:40 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

Timothy Leary a scientist??
I thought he was a psychologist Confused
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

primordium
#4 Posted : 12/1/2013 12:23:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I liked it, too. I think balancing that epistemological line between scientism (e.g., hard-nosed reductive materialism) and fact-free New Age speculation (e.g., TimeWave Zero) is an important point to keep spreading throughout the psychedelic community.
"The infinite vibratory levels, the dimensions of interconnectedness are without end." -- Alex Grey

Elpo
#5 Posted : 12/1/2013 8:50:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just read the article and thought it was pretty well balanced. As it states people like Hancock and Rogan are doing a good job in getting psychedelics into a more believable useful light.

I think the community needs this kind of positive and intelligent attention.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 12/1/2013 8:50:59 AM

Homo discens

I just finished reading this like 10 minutes ago. Great article! Thumbs up
"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine