We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Reagent Testing with LSD on Sugarcubes Options

Entheogenerator
#1 Posted : 11/28/2013 10:35:18 AM

Homo discens

I haven't seen real LSD in several years, but I recently happened upon a considerable amount. I intend to sit on for quite some time, because I don't use LSD very frequently even when it is available. I was hoping it would be blotter tabs, but unfortunately it is dropped on sugar cubes. The only reason I would have preferred blotters or liquid, is because I don't think the sugar cubes would be very conducive to preliminary fluorescence testing with a UV black light (the plain sugar cubes glow under black light since they're so white...).

Anyone have any idea as to how a person might go about performing an Ehrlich reagent test on LSD that has been dropped on sugar cubes? Will sugar affect the result of the test?

If so, I was thinking I might break the cube up in a test tube, add a few ml ethanol and swirl it around a bit so the LSD dissolves in the ethanol. Would the reagent test still work if using LSD suspended in ethanol? I'm not very experienced with reagent tests, because for the last few years I have mostly ingested psychoactive compounds that I have extracted and purified myself. Any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thumbs up

"It's all fun and games until someone loses an I" - Ringworm
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

benzyme
#2 Posted : 11/28/2013 3:27:37 PM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

a couple drops of ehrlichs on the cube should work, let it sit (sunlight accelerates the process, there is a 1939 paper which demonstrates this), and a purple color will develop if it contains ergolines.

make sure you put the cube on a dish, the sulfuric (or hydrochloric) acid will probably dissolve the cube.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/28/2013 3:49:49 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I`m pretty sure that it would work to drop directly on the sugarcube, since ehrlich wouldn't react with it due to not having an indole-based structure, and since the cube is white and porous, visualization should be pretty good. But I will ask a good friend to make sure.

Infundibulum
#4 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:29:37 PM

Kalt und Heiß, Schwarz und Rot, Kürper und Geist, Liebe und Chaos

ModeratorChemical expert

On the other hand, Marquis (if you need to cross-check or if Elrich is inconclusive/negative) on sugar cubes is contraindicated as the concentrated sulfuric acid in Marquis will violently react with the sugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gG0UAX3V7c

Need to calculate between salts and freebases? Click here!
Need to calculate freebase or salt percentage at a given pH? Click here!

Entheogenerator
#5 Posted : 11/28/2013 9:00:34 PM

Homo discens

Thanks everyone! Big grin
Attitude PageHealth & SafetyFAQKnown Substance InteractionsExtraction TeksThe Machine

Entheogenerator
#6 Posted : 11/28/2013 9:23:13 PM

Homo discens

Infundibulum wrote:
On the other hand, Marquis (if you need to cross-check or if Elrich is inconclusive/negative) on sugar cubes is contraindicated as the concentrated sulfuric acid in Marquis will violently react with the sugar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gG0UAX3V7c

Wow! I think I remember my high school chemistry teacher doing a similar demonstration. I certainly won't be trying that any time soon!

Coja
#7 Posted : 1/22/2014 3:50:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Just keep in mind that Ehrlic's will turn the same positive purple with the analogues LSZ and AL-LAD.

Entheogenerator
#8 Posted : 1/22/2014 11:13:57 AM

Homo discens

Coja wrote:
Just keep in mind that Ehrlic's will turn the same positive purple with the commercially available analogues LSZ and AL-LAD.

Yes, I am aware. Those aren't compounds that I am particularly worried about.

Coja
#9 Posted : 1/31/2014 2:22:50 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The nBome-x and DOx compounds produce a very different Marquis result. I'm not sure about the dragonfly compounds, though I don't think those have been around for a long time and never really had widespread distribution compared to the DOx and nBOME compounds (or even the dreaded 5-meo-amt).

benzyme
#10 Posted : 1/31/2014 4:50:21 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

marquis only tests primary and secondary amines, ehrlich's just binds 2-indole of indolealkylamines...these alone don't tell you much, and many compounds give similar colors, making a definite determination challenging. ergonovine will give the same purple-blue color as other lysergamides.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck