We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Potentiation Blend? Options

idtravlr
#1 Posted : 6/11/2009 4:05:09 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey guys,

I found a source on the following herbal blend that comes in capsules for oral ingestion. To me it sounds like it could be a nice potentiator for the spice. I'm thinking of picking some up to try. Any thoughts on this blend? Here is the reported compounds. Unfortunately it doesn't say how much Blue Lotus is in it, which would be good to know:

Contains : Rhizoma Corydalis Yanhusuo (80% [THP]), Blue Lotus (Nymphaea caerulea), Humulus lupulus (8% Lupulinum), N-Acetyl-Cysteine, Bacopa Monnieri (20:1 Concentration), Big Red (Cayenne Fruit Extract), Rhodiola Rosea (3% Rosavins), Vinpocetine, Bioperine (Piper Nigrum), Cocoa Bean (98% [PEA]) and Octopalean (97.5% Octopamine).

Peas,
-idt
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

acolon_5
#2 Posted : 6/11/2009 4:34:56 PM

The Great Namah

This sounds more like a stim mix than anything else.

I would NOT take this with any MAOI. Octopamine is very closely related to amphetamines (recently found in some different octopus) and you probably won't get a nice reaction with MAOI's.

However, I can't see how it would hurt a vaporized spice experience. I personally don't know how that mix will affect you, there's a lot of different things going on there besides the amphetamine-like Octopamine.

The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

idtravlr
#3 Posted : 6/11/2009 5:34:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, I definitely wasn't going to take it with an MAOI! I believe that at least one of the ingredients already has mild MAOI properties, so I wouldn't want to compound that with additional MAOI's. I can only imagine that would end up uncomfortable at best.

I went ahead and just got a 10 pack of 'em to do a little experimentation. I'll let all-ya-all's know if I discover something spectacular. Smile

Thanks for the feedback acolon! Good to know about the Octopalean expecially.
I am not a drug addict seeking escape from reality. I am an explorer of consciousness challenging consensus reality.

…is DMT dangerous? The answer is only if you fear death by astonishment… [crowd laughter]… Remember how you laughed when this possibility was raised… a moment will come that will wipe the smile right off your face.
-Terence McKenna

Tribal
#4 Posted : 6/11/2009 8:55:52 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I noticed that one of the ingredients is cayenne extract. That doesn't sound to me like anything that I would want to be inhaling at all. Every time I add cayenne to food out of the spice jar I have to leave the kitchen for a minute to let things settle or it turns to coughing and burning runny nostrils. But, if you do give it a try let us know!

idtravlr
#5 Posted : 6/11/2009 11:36:07 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tribal wrote:
I noticed that one of the ingredients is cayenne extract. That doesn't sound to me like anything that I would want to be inhaling at all. Every time I add cayenne to food out of the spice jar I have to leave the kitchen for a minute to let things settle or it turns to coughing and burning runny nostrils. But, if you do give it a try let us know!

I'm not planning on smoking this. I would take it orally, wait and hour or two for the effects to kick in, and then vape some spice. But yeah, that's a good point none the less. Smoking pepper extract doesn't sound like fun! Shocked

I've read some really good things about cayenne extract recently, but now I can't remember where I read it...

Peace
-idt

-Terence McKenna

Kannamate
#6 Posted : 6/12/2009 5:48:55 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know some of those ingredients,but some are discussed at other forums corydalis,lotus, and hops are all sedating.

idtravlr
#7 Posted : 6/15/2009 1:46:19 AM

DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5 wrote:
This sounds more like a stim mix than anything else.

I would NOT take this with any MAOI. Octopamine is very closely related to amphetamines (recently found in some different octopus) and you probably won't get a nice reaction with MAOI's.

However, I can't see how it would hurt a vaporized spice experience. I personally don't know how that mix will affect you, there's a lot of different things going on there besides the amphetamine-like Octopamine.

So I got this blend today and threw down 3 caps. It gives a very uplifting feeling of well being, with an energy to either go do something, or just chill out (my choice). Quite nice. I will give it a go with the spice as well, and see how that goes. I'll probably try a smaller dose (2 caps) with d. Stramonium seeds (3) as well. I'm curious if they will add a level of euphoria.

-Terence McKenna

idtravlr
#8 Posted : 6/18/2009 4:07:20 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Tried it! With great results! See trip reports under the same subject line...

-Terence McKenna