We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
hypocrisy on the administration of the nexus? Options

acolon_5
#21 Posted : 6/11/2009 4:05:25 PM

The Great Namah

Dwhitty76 wrote:
I think we all need to take a deep breadth and count to ten.

Spaceinvader....theres a PLETHERA of very good info here, on a topic that brings us all to this place. Hopefully you stick around and figure what that is. Now lets move on.

peace

^This is a good idea.

There were recently two very drama filled incidents with two seperate former members of this site. This stirred up a lot of chaos and I believe most of the posts listed were due to these situations. This is a very UNCOMMON occurance on the Nexus. We are working hard to keep this forum a positive one.

Also, people PLEASE let's stop bashing Coatl'....everyone has had more than enough time to voice their pleasure or displeasure over the events that transpired with her.

To understand some of our admins frustration you would have to really dig through a lot of threads...some of which are not public. Yes, people got upset, and yes, there were some things that I wish were not posted, but we are going to move FORWARD from this point and get back to what we do best, talking about Spice and everything that stems from having the knowledge that it brings.

If the original OP finds the forum not to his liking, that is ok! We do our best here, and I have yet to find a forum that even comes close to the Nexus. I appreciate all the time our mods spend reading through posts, helping out members, spending their time to make this forum a happy place to be. Even mods are allowed to vent every now and then. We get frustrated and angry just like everyone else. However, none of our admins were abusive to anyone in the posts I saw listed.

We don't ban people unless we are left NO OTHER CHOICE. This is not a "mess up twice and you're gone" kind of forum. If you've been active on the forum for a while you will see that even our more fiesty members are not harrassed for their actions. We work with people as much as we can.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

spacedinvader
#22 Posted : 6/11/2009 6:29:32 PM
DMT-Nexus member

acolon_5: I agree, these forums are by far the most knowledgeable on the internet; that is why I like this place so much, due to the knowledge.

The only problem is I see one-sidedness.

In my humble opinion, if you are a mod, or a 'known' member, you can say pretty much whatever you want, and as a regular member you cannot.

This behaviour where a certain group of people have more sway over another is a microcosm of society where there are upper, middle, and lower classes. I was under the impression the people here have expanded their conciousness enough to not have to be held down and defined by class systems and favouritism but that is exactly what is going on.

Hypocrisy (or the state of being a hypocrite) is the act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, an adult telling children not to smoke cigarettes, even though the adult smokes

Do you see what I'm getting at up here? Certain members can say anything, other members cannot; the rules do not apply the same to all even though the rules state they do; but in fact they do not.

SWIMfriend
#23 Posted : 6/11/2009 6:36:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Well said, acolon_5. I'm glad that The Traveler locked the 'Coatl banned thread. The past tensions have been RESOLVED and it's well time to return to the business of the mysteries and wonders of DMT.

antrocles
#24 Posted : 6/11/2009 6:40:44 PM

DMT-Nexus member

...dude....that is both ridiculous and provocative...

that is actually a very serious accusation you are making and i certainly would encourage you to either cite referential proof of your claim or just let it go.

hypocrisy could also be defined thus:

coming into a DMT forum under the guise of an individual curious about DMT and it's many wonders....yet beginning their relationship with everyone in said forum by attacking their character, calling them hypocrites and postulating that there is some sort of caste system at work here.

i, for one, am actually offended by your whole approach brother....and it takes quite an effort to elicit that kind of a response from me.
but it is your lack of research coupled with your willingness to just straight-up offend everyone and anyone on a site that you are (allegedly) new to that sends shivering memories of coatl' up and down my spine. i would, with great compassion, encourage you to really reign in your defamation and do a LOT more reading around here before you start defining words like hypocrisy for us.

LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!

"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

SWIMfriend
#25 Posted : 6/11/2009 6:56:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacedinvader wrote:
...The only problem is I see one-sidedness.

In my humble opinion, if you are a mod, or a 'known' member, you can say pretty much whatever you want, and as a regular member you cannot...

That is just not true. Essentially all members say whatever they please, whenever they please to. That was true of 'Coatl (especially), until it was decided that her input was damaging. One "exception" like 'Coatl doesn't make a "trend" or "rule" that people are limited in what they say.

Since you haven't found ANYONE who agrees with your characterization that the forum administrators are hypocrits and that members are oppressed in their ability to express themselves, it's time to drop the subject. You've come here with an idea, you've voiced it and found no sympathy for it on this forum. It's a dead, uninteresting, and (to all other members) pointless and baseless topic.

It's time to drop it.

If you DON'T drop it, then, by definition, you declare yourself a "troll." A troll is someone who doesn't join in the with spirit of the forum he posts on, but only antagonizes. SpacedInvader: If nobody here AGREES with your position, then you must admit, logically, that your posts can only be characterized as "troll" type posts. It's fine to bring up an idea; but if the idea doesn't get sympathy from ANYONE else on the forum, and is itself apparently antagonistic to other members (and EVERY MEMBER who has posted on this thread has taken your idea as an antagonistic one), then it's time to realize that the topic is of no interest on the forum. If you like the nexus for other reasons, as you say you do, then it's time to focus your discussions on those other topics of the nexus that interest you.

thepureskunk
#26 Posted : 6/11/2009 7:30:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I have to say that this is the most friendly and best dmt site on the web!

I've had mods and respected members post in my threads with words of advice and help. I read most days and all i ever do is learn. Infact this must be the most clique-less place i post as all people are helped reguardless of status or the number of posts you have.

Thanks and praise have to go to The Traveller for the awesome place to chill. If I was the owner then i'm not sure i would explain decisions i make. Its his house and i abide by the rules.

Peace and Love to all Very happy
acolon_5 wrote:
Welcome to club hypersex.

I've been there too...it is amazing.

freethinker
#27 Posted : 6/11/2009 8:11:15 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The Traveler wrote:
freethinker wrote:
This thread is questionable.

Could you please elaborate that statement a bit more?

Sorry, what I was getting at was that I smell a sock puppet. Everything from the timing, the subject matter, the style of writing, and the elaborate quoting say hydra to me. Tends to happen everywhere when someone is banned no? But I didn't want to digress too much. Not really important I suppose.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

Dwhitty76
#28 Posted : 6/11/2009 9:28:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

spacedinvader wrote:
acolon_5: I agree, these forums are by far the most knowledgeable on the internet; that is why I like this place so much, due to the knowledge.

The only problem is I see one-sidedness.

In my humble opinion, if you are a mod, or a 'known' member, you can say pretty much whatever you want, and as a regular member you cannot.

This behaviour where a certain group of people have more sway over another is a microcosm of society where there are upper, middle, and lower classes. I was under the impression the people here have expanded their conciousness enough to not have to be held down and defined by class systems and favouritism but that is exactly what is going on.

Hypocrisy (or the state of being a hypocrite) is the act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, an adult telling children not to smoke cigarettes, even though the adult smokes

Do you see what I'm getting at up here? Certain members can say anything, other members cannot; the rules do not apply the same to all even though the rules state they do; but in fact they do not.

Hey man...... please listen.
The moderators and members who have been here for a while do a very good job at keeping this place peaceful,friendly and insightful.If that was not the case i would not be a member.

As in all social networks there are people with all differnt personalities,views,backrounds,beliefs and so on...... thats what makes life interseting and that also makes "the nexus" intersting.For the most part people respect eachothers differences but every now and then people have disagreements or make mistakes and overeact.We are humans on a spiritual journey and i am going to step out on a limb and say that no one here is perfect (i know that i'm not).It's the moderators job to keep this place positive and safe.

I'm asking you to please try and understand that you, may not understand the position that the moderators take on, to maintane the integrity of this site and that you "might" be wrong on this issue.Please just consider it and please let this topic die here, because this thread is causing un needed tension and and strange vibes. Like i said as many others (except yourself).....that the nexus is a freindly forum and you are welcome here.....so long as you're not trying to start up trouble.There is nothing else i can say,except.......pease,love and light ! Are you in?
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

acolon_5
#29 Posted : 6/11/2009 9:47:46 PM

The Great Namah

There is no class system. Some members have earned the respect of others, and are treated with a bit more respect.

Personally, I am not above anyone. We are all learning in this thing we call life. I might be older or younger than you, have more or less experience in Spice...but you know what, it doesn't matter.

We're all trying to make sense of what Spice is, what is does to our minds, where it takes up, how it can make us better people. THAT'S what this site stands for, well for me at least.

I believe this has been an interesting discussion. Hopefully everyone got to speak their mind. I cannot see that this thread can bring anything more to The Nexus, and as such I am shutting it down.

Thank you all for participating, hopefully there are no hard feelings.
The Spice extends life
The Spice expands consciousness
The Spice is vital for space travel
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
Never underestimate the power of STUFF!

I am certifiably insane, as such all posts written by me should be regarded as utter nonsense or attempts to get attention.

I don't know SWIM and personally don't trust him at all. If SWIM is posting, most likely I will not respond...as I said, I don't trust the guy. YOU I trust, but never SWIM.

PREV12