We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
hypocrisy on the administration of the nexus? Options

spacedinvader
#1 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:25:48 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello everyone, I may be a new poster here but I have been lurking quite some time and am confused as to all the negativity on these forums.

I was under the impression these forums did not condone negativity or 'belittling' people yet that is all I see in the following posts.

I do not understand why some members of the this forum are allowed to get away with whatever they want to say, and other members of this forum are strictly watched and ruled over?

Why so much favouritism? Here is a single example of the disrespect shown towards coatl after she/he was banned. (I could not care less about the situation, it is the principal that is the problem):

warrensaged wrote:
I was reading one of the links to one of the Edot threads where 'C was being brutally flamed for doing what she/he does, but one of the things said did stick in my head.
Someone high up on the Edot flagpole posted that he had checked a few IP addresses & 'Coatl had the same IP address as another member, "MJShroomer", who she has had a huge number of heated arguments with, on multiple forums.
So she was arguing, with herself. I'm guessing this is so others can join in & make another thread...like lead.
Edit:This is more than likely BS, but I thought it should at least be mentioned.

So I have to take anymore 'Coatl posts, pro or con, as bunk. And I'm finished reading or replying to them, unless asked to do so for mod reasons.
I hope this can all die down here real soon & we can all go back to exploring consciousness...instead of right or wrong!

BTW, I had an incredible Changa breakthrough using the Jungle Spice from Jokerst's FASW tek...Try it, you'll like it!!!

WSWink

kemist wrote:
polytrip wrote:
I have a weak spot for her. She sounds just like i sounded when i was a teenager.

Hahahaha I though the same. Coatl = mini me, lol

She need damn strong trip to confront her ego .....

fourthripley wrote:
Good riddance to bad rubbish. The only reason Coatl/Teo was here was because he has been banned from about every other board there is. He took advantage of the good nature of the folk here.

G7 wrote:
Folks, he has admitted to being a dude. A 40 year old guy, i dont know. More likely a 20 something attention seeker. Only a guy would act like such an ass to people whi were trying to help him (like Ohayoco @ EDOT).

I decided to call him SHIM anytime he posted over there. It got him so rowled up!

-G7

SWIMfriend wrote:
...and no doubt: She will treat people ON HER OWN FORUM FAR BETTER THAN SHE TREATED THEM HERE! And that's as it should be...and it also "makes sense" of her banning here. It served HER well (encourages her to have what she really wants), and it serves others well who will enjoy her new forum.

...and also no doubt: She'll find a way to get into trouble over it. She has NO appreciation for the legal ramifications of her actions (indeed, she has no appreciation for the ramifications of ANYTHING she does).

I hope she finds the fulfillment she seeks with her new forum!

kemist wrote:
lol Laughing she has like 12 memebers, hahahaha

and already need acolon-5 to wipe her bum Laughing (very nice she makes you moderator ac. )

....forum nice but that green colour is a bit annoying if you there longer,

ohayoco hope you not gonna generate fake name and abuse her on her forum, lol

I honestly cannot believe what I am reading; why are these forums full of so much hatred, anger, and disrespect? This is just one experience with one person; there are literally dozens more like it.

If the spice makes you cynical and disrespectful, I think I will pass on it then.

Edit: I sincerely hope the mod's do not delete this thread; I feel this subject needs to be discussed in a civil, open manner and not behind 'closed doors'.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

hexagonomicon
#2 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:48:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

While I agree that those are unfortunate instances of typical forum gossip, I think that if you were aware of some of the drama that "MJShroomer" has caused on some other boards (if indeed it's the same MJShroomer that I'm thinking of) then you wouldn't be the least bit surprised by this.

Although I haven't been here long, I'll say that I don't see very much straight up flaming here, and there is also way less sarcasm which can make for a hostile environment.

I hope that we can all avoid the temptation to pump the bellows of drama.

burnt
#3 Posted : 6/10/2009 7:53:16 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Extreme Chemical expertChemical expertSenior Member

Personally if I was an admin I would ban whoever I felt like for whatever reason I felt like. Thats why I am not an adminstrator of anything. This issue about coatl (although I don't have a problem with her or him or whatever) was going on for a long time and a lot of people were apparently attacked by him/her for various reasons. The administrator did what any good administrator has to do at a certain point. I don't see the hypocrisy in that.

But is there any reason to bring this up? I don't think anyone wants to keep talking about it who cares if people make a few jokes after the fact? Lets just drop it eh?

soulfood
#4 Posted : 6/10/2009 8:02:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: DMT, Harmaloids, Bufotenine, Mescaline, Trip advice

As far as forums go for that sort of thing, this is the kindest place to be. It's not like there's an initiation to go through so people can be members of the nexus, so there's always going to be some flaming but I get the feeling that with a few exceptions most "negative" comments are made with good heart.

There is no malice here Smile

TheNtt
#5 Posted : 6/10/2009 10:42:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

None of the posts you quoted are filled with hatred. Where are you getting the idea that this forum is full of hatred? Those posts are extremely poor examples of hatred in my opinion.

People are poking fun at a member who has lied, and created numerous problems within the online entheogenic community, which does not violate any of the posting etiquette we have established here. (I'm not condoning that we ever make fun of people, I'm simply stating that the quoted posts do not violate anything.)

On top of that, you have only provided one side of your argument. You posted people supposedly getting away with unacceptable behavior, without providing us with examples of people who have been banned, or "strictly ruled over" for the same thing. I've never seen anyone get banned here for posting similarly to your quoted examples. The only time I could even imagine an admin ruling over someone for making such posts, is if that user is constantly making posts like that. The people you have quoted, generally, have contributed much to this forum, and are valued members here.

SWIMfriend
#6 Posted : 6/10/2009 10:57:01 PM

DMT-Nexus member

There's no denying the objective fact that 'Coatl created a great deal of tension on the nexus. Threads were created to discuss her (public threads and private threads). Since the topic of the threads themselves involved 'Coatl as a "problem," there's no surprise whatsoever that negative things were said about her.

A thread discussing an already BANNED member can't be called rude to that banned member, since they're not being spoken to directly (i.e., it's not a "fight" if the one being "fought" isn't around). Nevertheless, it WAS mentioned more than once in the "banned" thread that it is NOT IN THE SPIRIT OF THE NEXUS to excessively pile on 'Coatl's banned persona. Some members vented some small tensions regarding her, emphasized her faults, etc. It was a one-time thing, and not a big deal.

However, THIS VERY THREAD seems to have no purpose other than to incite antagonism. If the OP thinks the nexus is a negative and unfairly administrated forum, then another forum might be a better place for his posts...

endlessness
#7 Posted : 6/10/2009 10:58:41 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I moved this to the announcements and suggestions forum, I hope you dont mind... General discussions is more about dmt related subjects.

As thentt said, nobody was ever banned for posting comments such as the ones you quoted.. The only (very few) people who got banned in this forum were causing a lot of trouble, and it was only after repeated warnings and so on....

I do not agree with him, though, that the poking fun is ok... I do think the kemist and forthripley's posts were unnecessarily negative, but by themselves its definitely no reason for a ban. As you may see in that thread, me and others have cordially tried to tell people to cut it out on personal attacks.. If people continue, no matter who it is, old or new member, I (and probably other mods) would most likely send pm's, asking them to edit the posts, and to please stop it... and so on..

It seems lately there has been indeed an increase in negativity in the forum together with an increase in general members, but I still feel that overall this is a very intelligent and reasonable forum with many special members.

discussing calmly things and constructive criticisms are always welcome, though maybe the tone of the title and post could have been better imo Smile

TheNtt
#8 Posted : 6/10/2009 10:59:04 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIMfriend wrote:

However, THIS VERY THREAD seems to have no purpose other than to incite antagonism. If the OP thinks the nexus is a negative and unfairly administrated forum, then another another forum might be a better place for his posts...

My thoughts exactly. Well said Smile

Bill Cipher
#9 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:01:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I think as anonymous internet message boards go, this is a VERY civilized and level headed community. None of the comments you quoted above were out of line or of malicious intent. I guess you would've had to have had some actual interaction with this member yourself to understand how disruptive she could be. But a little bit of first hand knowledge is generally a good prerequisite to forming judgements, no?

As for you, I see you have four posts to date: 2 introducing yourself and 2 calling people out on the carpet for their bad manners. Is it possible that you yourself are just exceptionally thin skinned?

Welcome to the Nexus. It's a pretty great place to be.

WSaged
#10 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:02:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very well put ponce again SF!

I'd also like to point out, that in around 2 years of posting around on this forum, this is the only time I've seen a situation like him/her present itself & have to be dealt with.

I do agree, It's about time to let it go though!

WS
All posts are fictional short stories depicting the adventures of WSaged!! None of these events have actually happened and any resemblance to any real persons or incidents is totally coincidence!!!!!!!!!!!!

ohayoco
#11 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:04:09 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The spice tells people to become better people... but it won't turn you into Jesus!

You're moaning about disrespect towards Coatl- well, she was being shown a mere microcosm of the disrespect she has doled out over the years. Push anyone hard enough and they're going to lash out in return. Even Jesus lost his rag once and overturned the moneylenders table. And these posters are 'mere' humans.

C'mon man, lighten up... DMT is great, but it can also give you too much of a sense of moral superiority sometimes... I mean, c'mon, you're more critical than even me! And I'm right up my own ass Laughing Wink
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

ohayoco
#12 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:16:23 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Oh just read your other posts Spaceinvader... as you haven't tried DMT yet I guess it's not the molecule it's just that people like us are attracted to it Smile

Although if you're a champion of ethics, why are you defending the police in your other post? The thread about the police tasering an elderly woman. While their 'war on drugs' continues, the police are morally bankrupt, whether they know it or not. Good people don't join the force because they can't find it in their heart to contribute to imprisoning victims of prohibition. Are you only into defending wrongdoers?! Confused
Everything I write is fictional roleplay. Obviously! End tribal genocide: www.survival-international.org Quick petitions for meaningful change: www.avaaz.org/en/
End prohibition: www.leap.cc www.tdpf.org.uk And "Feeling Good" by David D.Burns MD is a very useful book.

freethinker
#13 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:29:05 PM
DMT-Nexus member

This thread is questionable.

All posts by this author are blatant plagiarisms, fictitious inventions, and outright lies.

The Traveler
#14 Posted : 6/10/2009 11:52:35 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

freethinker wrote:
This thread is questionable.

Could you please elaborate that statement a bit more?

Back on the subject:
Most that could be said has already been stated in this thread. If you are confused about the rules and attitude then I ask you gently to lurk a bit more on the DMT-Nexus, just to observe how things flow.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

antrocles
#15 Posted : 6/11/2009 12:48:48 AM

DMT-Nexus member

extremely interesting spacedinvader....something a bit too coincidental about bringing this up as your fourth post on this site.....seems a little suspect....like....you are somehow in league with mr. coatl'....

it is best to stop beating this dead horse. as traveler put it- lurk a bit more and you will find the entire coatl' drama to be quite an isolated incident spurred on by an immature, combative, argumentative, aggressive and somewhat lost soul. what you did NOT see were the multitude of PM's sent by MYSELF amongst others encouraging coatl' to seek professional help and compassionately imploring her to iron out her wrinkles and then come back when she could "play nice".

these statements that you have quoted don't even tell half of the story.....about coatl' and the nexus that is.....

...they actually seem to tell a more complete story about YOU and coatl'....

let it rest. you (hopefully) came to this site to be illuminated on the many uses, extractions, implications, wonders and paradoxes of Dimethyltryptamine. you will find no better forum with regards to these topics.

nor will you find a better community.

WITH LOVE AND GRATITUDE!!
"Rise above the illusion of time and you will have tomorrow's
wisdom today."

ohayoco
#16 Posted : 6/11/2009 1:11:29 AM
DMT-Nexus member

antrocles wrote:
you are somehow in league with mr. coatl'

Curiouser and curiouser!
Do you think Spacedinvader = Coatl (=Teo=Kie Ti Kohl=Teotzlcoatl=Teotzl'=Coyotl=Nezahualcoyotl) ?!
Heehee that would be funny, check the IPs Traveler, if they're from the same location, or maybe even from different anonymous proxies if someone's being sneaky, the chances are that that's your answer! The format and language seems familiar... and it would explain Spacedinvader's bizarre logic.
Oh the intrigue, I love it! Laughing

amor_fati
#17 Posted : 6/11/2009 1:45:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chemical expertSenior Member

Some of those posts quoted by the OP were perfectly reasonable given the circumstances, others were somewhat instigated, and the rest were somewhat nasty despite possible instigation and I'm sure will be under the scrutiny of the mods (as 'Coatl's were before action was taken). The mods see much more than the rest of us and are entrusted by the administrator to handle such knowledge (it is the administrator's site, after all). Most of us on here have a vested interest in keeping this site healthy, and we can't do so without a strong moderating team (though we used to be far more capable, once upon a time).

HappyCamper
#18 Posted : 6/11/2009 1:47:44 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Yes there has been more negativity. But when compared to others like the Shroomery, it's not so bad. It has to do with the size of the forum. I like the way it's more tight knit around here, but it also makes it easier to get mad at people.

Dwhitty76
#19 Posted : 6/11/2009 4:56:35 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I think we all need to take a deep breadth and count to ten.

Spaceinvader....theres a PLETHERA of very good info here, on a topic that brings us all to this place. Hopefully you stick around and figure what that is. Now lets move on.

peace
" Freedom from the desire for an answer is essential to the understanding of a problem." - jiddu Krishnamurti

The Traveler
#20 Posted : 6/11/2009 8:27:33 AM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

This topic has nothing to do with 'Coatl. After her banning 'Coatl started a new, beautiful forum (cacti.freeforums.org) and has been very polite to me. So if you think about 'Coatl when you see this kind of threads just go to her forum and see why she has no reason to stir up things here.

And although the title of this thread could be a bit more friendly I think it turned into a positive topic after all, I like to thank you all for that.

12NEXT