We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Jungle Drug Ayahuasca Could Revolutionize Psychotherapy Options

dreamer042
#1 Posted : 11/20/2013 6:30:53 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

jbark
#2 Posted : 11/20/2013 1:09:35 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Very well written, developed and well researched article. I forwarded it to some sceptic friends of mine. Cool

Thanks for posting this!

JBArk
JBArk is a Mandelthought; a non-fiction character in a drama of his own design he calls "LIFE" who partakes in consciousness expanding activities and substances; he should in no way be confused with SWIM, who is an eminently data-mineable and prolific character who has somehow convinced himself the target he wears on his forehead is actually a shield.

Du57mi73
#3 Posted : 11/20/2013 3:42:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow. Its about time people start seeing the medicinal value in spice on a scientific level. I don't even understand why it was illegal to begin with..
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

Chairman MAO
#4 Posted : 11/20/2013 6:39:47 PM

Writing the little red book of life...

Ah, this is great. Smile

This needs to happen.

Responsible advocacy, so another medicine doesn't go down the drain, leaving potential thousands (millions) without something that could have made a change. Crying or very sad

Spread the love. Thumbs up
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

jungleheart
#5 Posted : 11/20/2013 6:55:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Probably risky for them to print such an article. Can only hope there will be more scientific research on the positive effects, because the cultural context brings it home easily for more people.

Elpo
#6 Posted : 11/20/2013 8:40:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Really great article.

Especially this part I had no idea of: "I got notes from physicians and psychiatrists in the U.S. and Canada who have been using ayahuasca under the table in clinical practice and really support this work," says Rush. "I don't think I expected that."

In one way I find it good, but I would like to know how they advise the patients to use it? Does it happen with some shaman who guides them through it?
Last weekend I have had my first experience with ayahuasca and I must say the ceremony around it was so helpful. I hope this part won't be forgotten by our western society as I think it is vital.
"It permits you to see, more clearly than our perishing mortal eye can see, vistas beyond the horizons of this life, to travel backwards and forwards in time, to enter other planes of existence, even (as the Indians say) to know God." R. Gordon Wasson

Bancopuma
#7 Posted : 11/21/2013 7:01:46 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Great article, thanks for sharing, lifts morale to see this getting out there. Smile

dreamer042
#8 Posted : 11/22/2013 12:34:06 AM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

This article is being syndicated to weekly papers across the country and they have cleaned up the title a bit. Thumbs up

How ayahuasca can revolutionize psychotherapy

http://www.citypages.com...lutionize-psychotherapy/
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca