We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Grasshopper Vaporizer - pen-style vape - pure convection Options

ziggus
#1 Posted : 11/17/2013 3:15:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This Grasshopper vape looks very promising. It's only $99 during the indiegogo campaign, so I hopped on it. Big grin

Really hope they make their goal and get this out in February. ChoreBoy or Enhanced Leaf in that chamber should work well, right?

edit: I've done some more reading about this on forums and a couple of subreddits. I found my skepticism growing as I read more. I just don't know that this pen will be able to deliver the performance that is being promised while keeping the same form factor. More details and videos are supposed to be released before the end of the indiegogo campaign, but at this point I'd say it's a $99 gamble. Caveat emptor.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/grasshopper-vaporizer

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

alert
#2 Posted : 11/17/2013 3:40:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I like the idea but im hestitant to drop $100 on just some schematics with no video of a prototype or reviews. I dont doubt it will work well for cannabis but I think I'm gonna wait for the reviews to come in regarding alkaloids. I don't doubt they will reach there goal. I love crowdfunding.

ziggus
#3 Posted : 11/17/2013 3:47:30 PM

DMT-Nexus member

They have at least one working prototype and posted two videos of vapor production already. I just looked for them and don't see them anymore. Maybe they plan on uploading better quality videos?

Oops, missed it. Here's one on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZK9rQ553sw

alert
#4 Posted : 11/17/2013 4:05:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks for the link, there were no videos when I looked.

Gone-and-Back
#5 Posted : 11/17/2013 7:35:31 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nice to see this is getting a little more attention. It seems they changed their name from ZenPen to grasshopper. I had originally posted something about this in the very early stages and had been in contact with a member of their team about the needs of our community with a vape. They had said they would consider our temp ranges that we would need, and seemed excited too be gaining a larger audience.

However, I quickly lost contact with their team and stopped receiving replies about their product. Its nice to see that there is more surfacing about it though and that it seems to be getting underway.

Hopefully this becomes a reality very soon.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Kerberos
#6 Posted : 12/1/2013 11:19:13 PM

Michael

Crowdfunding, i wonder if any members here have any ideas for a vaporizer. i would definatly back thatBig grin
and when the world stops
you will find me there
waiting to embrace you