We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pure NMT Bioassay Options

arcologist
#1 Posted : 11/17/2013 4:53:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

So, over in this thread I developed a technique to separate out NMT from DMT in ACRB extractions.

I finally got around tonight to trying the NMT that was recovered from that process. I had NMT fumarate, so in order to test it I converted it to NMT freebase and then enhanced some mullein with it. The fumarates were converted by mixing them about 1:1 with sodium carbonate and moistening the mixture, then pulling with acetone (I accidentally added too much water so I had to use a spoon to separate the goopy NMT from the sodium carbonate. The freebase NMT itself is a sticky off-white/light-yellow goo.

I tried 100mg of approximately 50/50 NMT/leaf (mixture not exact due to my problems converting to freebase). The smoke was not harsh at all (the leaf was still a bit damp with water and I think this helped keep the temps down). I immediately felt a very strong DMT-like body load. However, there were only very subtle visual effects, similar to strong cannabis or threshold-level DMT. Some kind of noisy, flashy closed-eye visuals but nothing very DMT-like. The body load and subtle visuals are still affecting me somewhat as I write this around 15 minutes after smoking the leaf. It's not unpleasant but I wouldn't consider it to be pleasant either, because of the strong body load and minimal other effects. There seems to be almost no change in headspace whatsoever. I checked my pupils in a mirror immediately after smoking and didn't notice any significant dilation such as would be observed with DMT. My eyes felt really dry though.

All in all, I would say that this corroborates the report given by Shulgin in TiHKAL. Minimal effects overall, mostly body load. I will probably try this again with a higher dose since I used 1g of NMT to make the leaf so I have plenty of material to test with. I will update if I have any different experiences in the future.

As a side note, I think I'm going to try moistening my DMT leaf in the future before smoking it to see if that helps keep it from flaming up and produce smoother smoke. This NMT leaf smoked very well with the small amount of moisture still in the leaf from the acetone that had some water mixed in.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Gone-and-Back
#2 Posted : 11/17/2013 5:15:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Interesting. I dont remember where I heard someone say this, might of even been here on these forums, but someone described NMT as being a substance that lets you FEEL the realms beyond ours, but does not allow you to SEE them. They said they did have a change in headspace however and thought patterns slightly, just no visuals at all except for some very minor flashing of colors or slight distortion in shape. Nothing that would be constantly moving or morphing though like a decent dose of DMT.

I am interested in what the higher dose ranges would bring about though. I assume it could get unpleasant though due to the high body load.
Everything published by Gone-and-Back are the mad rantings and ravings of a mind who yearns to be free and thinks he knows what he is talking about. However, these are just delusions made to feel that freedom, because that freedom will never come. Any experiments done are purely figments of the imagination, and are falsified to the highest degree. Nothing should be taken seriously from a crazy mans mind.

Orion
#3 Posted : 11/23/2013 2:55:03 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Gone-and-Back wrote:
Interesting. I dont remember where I heard someone say this, might of even been here on these forums, but someone described NMT as being a substance that lets you FEEL the realms beyond ours, but does not allow you to SEE them. They said they did have a change in headspace however and thought patterns slightly, just no visuals at all except for some very minor flashing of colors or slight distortion in shape. Nothing that would be constantly moving or morphing though like a decent dose of DMT.

I am interested in what the higher dose ranges would bring about though. I assume it could get unpleasant though due to the high body load.

Possibly it was this thread ? https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=23544

Good work arcologist, brings us a little closer to a consensus on the effects of NMT.
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

benzyme
#4 Posted : 11/23/2013 3:15:09 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

how do you know it's pure?

(TLC will not necessarily tell you if an analyte is pure)
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

arcologist
#5 Posted : 11/23/2013 3:46:16 AM

DMT-Nexus member

By 'pure' I mean it has very little if any DMT in it, there may be some other alkaloids present but it is largely NMT. The goal was to isolate the NMT and test its effects without influence from DMT.

benzyme
#6 Posted : 11/23/2013 6:24:49 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

nice Big grin
the experience sounds like a tryptoline I once conceived.
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

arcologist
#7 Posted : 11/23/2013 9:15:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I just tried again with 150mg of 50/50 NMT leaf. Wow! what a body buzz! The rush is intense.

I'd say that it feels like my whole body is alight with energy. The headspace change is a little stronger this time - it's very peaceful and I have faint CEV. Dry eyes again. I could see this being a really nice addition to meditation, since you are still totally able to function normally but can just close your eyes and 'feel' the energy.

expandaneum
#8 Posted : 11/23/2013 7:26:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

wow just wanted to thank you for this thread very interesting and inspiring so far. Can't wait to try this myself.

keep us posted Thumbs up
Disclaimer:
All Expandeum's notes, messages, postings, ideas, suggestions, concepts or other material submitted via this forum and or website are completely fictional and are not in any way based on real live experience.

Auxin
#9 Posted : 11/23/2013 8:03:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

This could help explain the reports I've heard of some batches of A. confusa root bark brew, taken in relatively large 20ish gram doses, only causing moderate intensity visuals but leaving the user laying in bed and squirming in ecstasy for 6 hours straight Laughing
I could see the NMT dominant admixtures being used to 'spice' the DMT dominant admixtures for tailor made experiences.

Keep up the very informative work Thumbs up

endlessness
#10 Posted : 11/23/2013 10:30:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Excellent, thanks for sharing!