We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Acacia full spectrum capsule/orally active? Options

Sabnock
#1 Posted : 11/15/2013 1:56:43 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Just a thought, but with the mentionings of orally active Acacias like apparently Acacia Confusa, would a full spectrum extract be orally active?

The way i go about extracting, is to merely make a rootbark brew, basify it with Sodium Carbonate, allow it all to dry and then pull from it with warm Isopropyl Alcohol (91% to 99%), i believe the extract from this is full spectrum. My current plan is to evaporate the Iso pulls onto some kind of herb like for Enhanced Leaf or Changa, but instead of smoking the herb i will put each dose into a small capsule and take it orally.

Now, if the stuff is indeed orally active without the need for Harmalas, and all actives are pulled via a full spectrum extract, then wouldn't i be able to use just the Acacia? And don't get me wrong, i use Harmalas all the time and have nothing against them, i'm just curious as to see what one could do with merely just the Acacia teacher...

Thanks

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Sabnock
#2 Posted : 11/21/2013 10:38:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

So, no one has a response? Well i mean, if Acacia Confusa is orally active (according to some), then obviously a full spectrum extract should be active, right? Not that i expect anyone to have tried the full spectrum extract orally, it was just a thought i thought i'd ask.

endlessness
#3 Posted : 11/21/2013 11:02:21 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I dont think we know yet what allows oral acacia brews active, so it`s hard to try to talk about ways to extract if we don`t know what substance we are talking about. No idea what is it soluble in, or possible sensitivities to chemicals, pH changes, etc.

I don`t know either if someone has done much experiment with this to let us know, I think nen would be the best person to answer this, maybe he shows up, or shoot him a pm.

A simple alcoholic soak with or without a base is probably worth a try at least, just start low and work your way up, and let us know Smile

Sorry I couldn`t be of more help

magic9
#4 Posted : 11/22/2013 12:42:20 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Sabnock wrote:
So, no one has a response? Well i mean, if Acacia Confusa is orally active (according to some), then obviously a full spectrum extract should be active, right? Not that i expect anyone to have tried the full spectrum extract orally, it was just a thought i thought i'd ask.

do it and let us know

skoobysnax
#5 Posted : 11/22/2013 5:22:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I don't know if this is correct but on another forum there was a discussion about pharma using freebase instead of fumarate and the suggestion one person made was to mix the freebase in coca cola to change it to dmt phosphate because of the phosphoric acid. If one of the compounds in Acacia is harmala-like maybe the same thing could increase its bio-availability? I do know that when I smoked mhrb freebase behind acrb the residual alks seemed to super intensify the second round.
Marijuana, LSD, psilocybin, and DMT they all changed the way I see
But love's the only thing that ever saved my life - Sturgill Simpson "Turtles all the Way Down"

Why am I here?

starway6
#6 Posted : 11/22/2013 5:01:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

magic9 wrote:
Sabnock wrote:

do it and let us know

Acacia tea has been reported very active without an Maoi! ..so the acacia extract should also be active ..[even more so being an extract]]]
Whould be interesting to know the results of this capsulized test..
But be carefull wwith dosage!!!
..the extract may be far more powerfull than the tea!!

Sabnock
#7 Posted : 11/23/2013 8:04:34 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, i lightly filled a capsule and took it. Nothing really, there was a slight feeling for maybe 5 minutes that felt like the onset but it didn't really get passed that. So either my extract didn't pull everything from the bark, or the bark isn't orally active, or i need to convert everything back to salt form before ingesting.

Guess i answered my own question. But, let us not be deterred in the future from further studies if our curiosity indulges.

endlessness
#8 Posted : 11/23/2013 8:48:50 PM

DMT-Nexus member

How much acacia was soaked and ingested?

Sabnock
#9 Posted : 11/23/2013 10:24:10 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Not sure exactly, i extracted from 500 grams of Acacia Confusa, plus tried my best to extract what i could from my last few failed extractions when i was using Acetone instead of the usual warm iso alcohol. So i used my usual iso this time and evaporated all the iso from multiple pulls (atleast 7 good sized pulls) onto 25 grams of herb so that it wouldn't be incredibly potent so that i could fill up a capsule halfway or so. All in all the final dry weight comes to 60 grams. Though i've smoked some of my herb and must say it's certainly active, and i had a ball with it and some Moclobemide the other day. Later on tonight though i'll be taking some Moclobemide and then take a capsule or two of the enhanced herb and see how potent it is for oral use.

Sabnock
#10 Posted : 11/23/2013 11:22:55 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Yeah, so, took some Moclobemide, took a capsule of the herb, nada. Felt a very, slight feeling, once again like the beginning of the onset, but from there it just went away. Bottom line, i'm pretty certain the freebase isn't being absorbed in my gut very well. And i'm thinking about just brewing the entire herb up (with Citric Acid) into a tea (as i used lemon balm to evaporate my extract onto), and am thinking about just adding sugar to it and hoping to perhaps drink small portions of it sometime or another.

So, since i had already taken Moclobemide and the freebase capsule didn't do anything, i went on ahead and smoked some of the herb, and results are fantastic.

downwardsfromzero
#11 Posted : 11/24/2013 12:54:44 AM

Boundary condition

ModeratorChemical expert

starway6 wrote:

Acacia tea has been reported very active without an Maoi! ..so the acacia extract should also be active ..[even more so being an extract]]]
Whould be interesting to know the results of this capsulized test..
But be carefull wwith dosage!!!
..the extract may be far more powerfull than the tea!!

If it's the tea that works, it is not valid to make the assumption that an extract would be more powerful or even work at all, particularly one made using a different solvent.

β€œThere is a way of manipulating matter and energy so as to produce what modern scientists call 'a field of force'. The field acts on the observer and puts him in a privileged position vis-à-vis the universe. From this position he has access to the realities which are ordinarily hidden from us by time and space, matter and energy. This is what we call the Great Work."
― Jacques Bergier, quoting Fulcanelli