We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
What herbal teas do you drink and why? Options

Auxin
#21 Posted : 11/15/2013 9:37:57 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Chamomile sure isnt everyones cup of tea, just like valerian isnt everyones cup of... 'used dog food' Wink
Lemon balm is a much better tasting (when not too strong) very gentle sedative. I like that it doesnt 'sedate' me, it just sort of chills me a bit. If its dried the lemony goes away and its just mild herb flavor, an exception somehow being foil sealed bagged tea packets- I think they add lemon scent.
Catnip is noticeably stronger than lemon balm and still better tasting than chamomile. Catnip is actually a mint and it can be dried to preserve its mintiness for teas and cooking, cats cant quite handle the mint aspect so thats why cat catnip is overdried to demintify it.
Lavender, particularly the flower spikes, is not sedative but instead is an antianxiety drug as effective as valium class drugs [1] as such it can be a good thing to mix with sedative teas or even caffeinated green tea.
Some of the scullcaps are stronger than chamomile but there again taste can become an issue.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Aegle
#22 Posted : 11/15/2013 4:24:10 PM

Cloud Whisperer

Senior Member | Skills: South African botanicals, Mushroom cultivator, Changa enthusiast, Permaculture, Counselling, Photography, Writing

Cranberry Apple and Cinnamon Fruit Infused Tea - As it is truly one of the most delicious teas I have ever tasted.

Yerba Mate - The health benefits are incredibly noticeable and powerful and the taste is really wholesome.

Green Tea - My favorite daily tea that I cant do without, keeps my mind clear and focused and it also enhances my memory recall.

Chai Tea - Is very comforting and soothing to have in the evenings before bedtime.

Rooibos Tea - Has high levels of antioxidants and a lovely mild flavor.

Ginger Honey and Lemon Tea - One of the most amazing flu and cold remedies.

Chamomile Tea - Has the most soothing and calming effects.

Earl Grey Tea - I love Earl grey for its beautiful flavor, calming and mood enhancing effects.

Pepperment Tea - Is a very refreshing and invigorating tea that is perfect to have early in the morning.

Much Peace and Happiness
The Nexus Art Gallery | The Nexian | DMT Nexus Research | The Open Hyperspace Traveler Handbook

For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.

The fate of our times is characterised by rationalisation and intellectualisation and, above all, by the disenchantment of the world.

Following a Path of Compassion and Heart

brokenChild
#23 Posted : 11/15/2013 4:40:19 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Du57mi73 wrote:

Broken, what is that?

flowering tea, can google it, there's all sorts of different kinds. The ones I've had are mostly green-tea based, had a strawberry batch of buds one time that were out of this world... tho flavor is a bit of a subjective preference.

Visually quite appealing, steep in hot water and it opens up by itself from a bud to the flower... I'm sure looks a thousand times more wonderful under the influence of any number of visually enhancing substances Smile

Outside of aesthetics tho, it's not much different from any other tea.

I like the occasional oolong tea as well, and ginger tea (those don't come in buds tho) for better digestion. And kombucha out of just about any tea is also not bad in proper measure

Du57mi73
#24 Posted : 11/15/2013 5:30:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

That sounds pretty awesome as a decorative drink. Beautiful even.
"I am cursed by the blossoming knowledge of my feminine ideal and she looks suspiciously like you."

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." -AE

cubeananda
#25 Posted : 11/16/2013 4:50:09 AM

jai

Damiana tea, a few times a week, because it has a very special flavor and chemical profile.

Mugwort tea, though I just tried this for the first time yesterday it is amazing. It is very bitter but I was fond of it. For sure a potential entheogen and ally.

Genmaicha tea (green tea with brown rice) has an excellent flavor.

Assam with certain foods is unbelievably tasty (guacamole!)
Assam with Bergamot (earl grey) with milk is wonderful.

Chamomile is great.

Oolong is great, white tea is great, green tea is great.

Cacao leaves can make a nice tea. I would drink it for its chemical contents.

Passiflora sp. are each different for sure. Good to experiment with species and different parts of a passiflora plant.

And last but not least, rooibos! Because it is nice to drink.Laughing

benzyme
#26 Posted : 11/16/2013 5:13:34 AM

analytical chemist

Moderator | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertExtreme Chemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertChemical expert | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expertSenior Member | Skills: Analytical equipment, Chemical master expert

cubeananda wrote:
Passiflora sp. are each different for sure. Good to experiment with species and different parts of a passiflora plant.

that's the one I'm interested in trying.
how is p. edulis? I Love passionfruit juice
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted." ~ hassan i sabbah
"Experiments are the only means of attaining knowledge at our disposal. The rest is poetry, imagination." -Max Planck

โ—‹
#27 Posted : 11/17/2013 11:33:40 PM
DMT-Nexus member

ModeratorSenior Member

white tea FTW.

I drink 3 cups a day. Lowest in caffeine %, far as the tea plants concerned. Have drank it for a long long time. I literally haven't been cold/flu sick in 7 or so years. Being the least processed, and being from young leaves with silver fuzzy coating (hence the name silver needle white tea), << being one of the healthiest teas concerning the tea leaf plant.

An interesting read.

http://w3.newsmax.com/ne...ock_blaylockaug07_38.pdf

much love,
tat

SpartanII
#28 Posted : 11/19/2013 5:04:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

White tea drinker here.

Less processed, less fluoride, and lower caffeine than green and has more antioxidants and phytonutrients.

Apparently adding lemon juice brings down the pH allowing for more nutrients to be released.

http://nutritionfacts.or...ideo/green-tea-vs-white/

I also sometimes add a little mullein since I heard it is good for the lymphatic system.

astralspice
#29 Posted : 11/21/2013 1:19:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Ilex Guayusa

Has a nice earthy/grassy sorta taste
Induces more vivid dreams which may lead to lucidity
Helps with dream recall
Has a high caffeine content, different from coffee, in which the energy boost lasts longer.
REALITY 5.0

nicechrisman
#30 Posted : 11/21/2013 2:30:25 AM

Kin

Mostly drink green tea. I also enjoy Tulsi tea which seems to have a very good mood elevating and stress relieving quality. Also chamomile for similar reasons and because it helps me get sleepy in the evening.
Nagdeo

PREV12