We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
how bad is the dmt hang over? Options

Deemster Teamster
#21 Posted : 8/2/2007 4:22:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:370719ca7b="Garulfo"]Deemster, Do you take your infos from first hand experience ? (it would mean you would know how DMT is chemically made) Of course recrystalisation is a good way to get quite nice DMT but if ones anyway use some naphta from hardware stores instead of pharmaceutical-grade pure hexane, he will obviously get some nasty stuff in the final product. By nasty I mean benzene by example.[/quote:370719ca7b] if you mean first hand experience in regard to chemical synthesis, then no, not first hand knowledge. but theres plenty of procedures on it that have been written, I know that there is one in TIHKAL and there are others on the internet. all use strong bases (NaOH) and solvents but also other dangerous chemicals not used in extractions are used. as for recrystallization, heptane is widely available under the brand name bestine (at least in the US). its not pharmaceutical grade but its probably cleaner than naptha. even using naptha, why would you think you would get any signifigant amount of anything from the solvent in the final product? if you are not evaporating (and theres no reason to, since freeze precip and room temperature precip is much cleaner) you wont get any residues and any excess solvent thats on the stuff will evaporate when you leave it out to dry. benzene evaporates too.

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

cilosyb
#22 Posted : 8/6/2007 10:49:30 PM
DMT-Nexus member

DMT leaves me feeling wonderful. Often better after the trip than before. Chalk me up with the rest of the 'obsession' crowd. It's the most fascinating experience you can have IMO. There's just something really special and [i:a89fe586fd]undeniably significant[/i:a89fe586fd] about it. The smell, the afterglow, the organic feel, the healing, the revelation, the otherwordliness, the beauty... I'm pretty sure DMT is what humanity is searching for.
DivineMedicinalTechnology

free spirit
#23 Posted : 8/7/2007 4:49:01 PM
DMT-Nexus member

the come down used to be one of my favorite aspects to the experience. you feel wonderful afterwards. if you get up too soon you may have some triptamine clumsiness, but no worries, its short lived. add another to the obsession crowd. it was pretty odd that my 'lifetime supply' of dmt lasted me no more than 6 months. Very happy

Infinite I
#24 Posted : 8/7/2007 11:23:55 PM

JC

Im the same cant beleive the stuff really is an obsession, always thinking about it, though when I first made it I was smoking it every week practically tho ive chilled out a bit last time was really intense for me and 2 of my friends so weve calmed down a bit, still cant stop thinking about it though just have to have the right mindset I think, the feelings afterwards are amazing ! Peace and Love

El Ka Bong
#25 Posted : 8/12/2007 1:16:26 AM

DMT-Nexus member

The 'afterglow' and 'obsessive' awareness of the totality of Being are the only "hangover' I know of ... They are more like 'sideffects' to your conscious outlook ... possibly permanent ! A friend says he's sleepy the next day after trying dmt, but he simply doesn't get enough sleep, I think .. I have fallen asleep after a full launch-and-return; but it was 2:30 am when I 'took off' and just rolling over to sleep seemed natural after a glorious re-entry... around 2:45 am ... After one lungfull of dmt, you'll notice any smell that resembles dmt - jasmine flowers, cut-up yellow peppers, or mothballs ... I get goosebumps at the whiff of anything dmt-ish ! And as an intellectual-sideffect, I too talk about dmt every day !... But ony try it every 3- 4 months or so ... funny how it dominates my consciousness now..> ! After launching at home, at night, I have on occasion prepared a hot, deep bath for my 'debriefing'. I soak away in the afterglow, and that does make me sleepy. After 30 minutes I'm back to 'baseline' and I am able to get up again and look in the mirror ... I tend to grab my face and slap my cheeks, in disbelief that I actually exist in a marvelous wet-ware-biomachine...! A body is absolutely miraculous to have ! That is not a 'hangover' ... it's an afterglow.. !

quantumbrujo
#26 Posted : 8/12/2007 7:10:24 AM

DMT-Nexus member

[quote:1e87689a35="Deemster Teamster"][quote:1e87689a35="entheogenist"]The only lasting effects of DMT that I can see is OBSESSION. Since the first time I smoked DMT, not a minute has gone by without me thinking about it. I think about it all day, write about it in these forums, talk about it with my friends, extract it in my kitchen, DREAM about it, write songs and draw pictures about it, seek out DMT-inspired music, etc, etc, etc. I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed.[/quote:1e87689a35] I agree with this 100%. I smoke DMT pretty infrequently, I have to be in the right mindstate for it. its been months since I've had any (and I have a good amount lying around). but I think about it and talk about it and read stuff about it ALL the time. Same here.I only do it about once every three months, but I think about it and read about it every single day.I probably think about DMT more than about SEX. once you've experienced THAT I can't see how you couldnt think about it all the time.[/quote:1e87689a35]
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

entheogenist
#27 Posted : 8/12/2007 7:17:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

I only smoke the stuff about once every 2 or 3 months. But some of my friends will burn a gram in ONE NIGHT. I would never even think of doing that. But to each his own I guess. They report no adverse side effects, so I guess that just demonstrates the harmlessness of DMT. They don't do it like addicts, either. They smoke it all night because they LOVE how it makes them feel, not because they are craving it like crack or something.
...They all became the river.

PREV12