We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
how bad is the dmt hang over? Options

WavyGravy
#1 Posted : 7/29/2007 11:56:15 AM
DMT-Nexus member

me and my friends are interested in it and if we ever get a hold of some i wanted to know how the come down was like since it seems like the high "i dont know what to call it" seems pretty intense from reading some of the stories from this site.

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

DMTripper
#2 Posted : 7/29/2007 1:32:07 PM

John Murdoch IV

What hangover? We're not talking about booze here Wink But some people that have had really bad trips maybe felt bad mentally for some time afterwards. But it's like that with all bad experiences, it can take time to get over it. I've had one quite bad trip but I was fine an hour later but the next two months just thinking of it made me feel anxious and my heart started beating faster Razz
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

XENONSION
#3 Posted : 7/29/2007 2:39:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Never really any type of "hangover" comes along with it. Upon returning from hyperspace, I always feel like I just took a run around the block. Kind of out of breath and my heart is racing. But after a few minutes you are back to normal.

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

magic clown
#4 Posted : 7/29/2007 6:14:47 PM

aka Slap Stick Sam

That saying "Theres no such thing as a free lunch" is wrong.
I am a clown, nothing I say can be taken seriously. It is my profesion to talk nonsense

psilocybin
#5 Posted : 7/29/2007 6:44:26 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:67333a5432="DMTripper"]What hangover?[/quote:67333a5432] that's exactly what I was thinking when I seen this thread Wink

fredyjenkins
#6 Posted : 7/30/2007 3:35:17 AM
DMT-Nexus member

huh? a hangover? There is absolutly no hangover with dmt. Not even the ''tired'' feeling you can get with a long psilocybin containing mushrooms session. It's so short acting that you cant get any hangover whatsoever. You go to tryptamine land, you come back, you tell to the other humans how freak it is and that's it. Five minutes after the last reality wrecking hit of DMT and you have intense psychedelic residual visuals ( pretty cool i tell you Pleased ) half an hour, you can open yuor computer to write a trip report. An hour after the begining of the whole affair and you can put music on, drive a car, whisle to the music and drink a sweet little pale beer. But you know, dont drink too much of that stuff, it will give you a hangover and a '' better not to drive '' condition. Pleased

Deemster Teamster
#7 Posted : 7/30/2007 4:07:45 AM
DMT-Nexus member

It kind of has the opposite of a hangover, I guess you would call it an "afterglow". You feel really good, not in the false way caused by some drugs, but in the natural high way like after you do something exhilirating (because you did). sometimes this lasts hours, sometimes days, and sometimes its not there at all. just another peculiarity of DMT. sometimes your lungs feel shitty for a while afterwards, thats not really a hangover though its just what can happen from inhaling harsh chemical vapor.

WavyGravy
#8 Posted : 7/30/2007 7:58:58 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oh ok thanks guy! this makes me want do it more now haha tthats good that it doesnt have a hang over so i guess dmt is some what of a natural drug?

WavyGravy
#9 Posted : 7/30/2007 8:30:36 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oh yeah i heard about that in the youtube video where that guy from fear factor is discussing dmt haha

entheogenist
#10 Posted : 7/30/2007 3:10:39 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The only lasting effects of DMT that I can see is OBSESSION. Since the first time I smoked DMT, not a minute has gone by without me thinking about it. I think about it all day, write about it in these forums, talk about it with my friends, extract it in my kitchen, DREAM about it, write songs and draw pictures about it, seek out DMT-inspired music, etc, etc, etc. I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed.
...They all became the river.

quantumbrujo
#11 Posted : 7/30/2007 3:49:34 PM

DMT-Nexus member

All these guys are right bro.No hangover whatsoever.On the contrary I get a refreshed feeling after a DMT trip.It's like my hard disc got defragmented and all my thougfhts are put back into order.We are not talking about a toxic chemical like alcohol , or datura here.We'r talking the second least toxic drug next to psilocybin being non-toxic.It won't fry your brain ,it won't turn you into a mindless zombie it will restore your DNA to it's original makeup and will even heal you of some ailments,especially if you take it in an ayahuasca brew.Once in a while I'll do a hit at 6 AM befotre going to work and I feel good all day.I'm not saying I do it at work now,don't get me wrong.It lasts such little time that if I do it at 6.by 8 O'clock when I leave to go to work it has long passed.
I tried to say no to drugs but they wouldn't listen

Fuego
#12 Posted : 7/30/2007 4:50:44 PM

Riggly Maynard Charlston Bentsworth |||

Location: my secret volcano lair, really everyone should have one its so cool
its been said a million times but you realy do feel absolutly amazing afterwords. its almost the best part (not quite) but its so beautiful afterwords after youve been put back in this world, it seems so new, all the concepts return and the absurdity is still with all of them, you feel light. you feel like a weight has been taken off your chest. ready to go do whatever. you feel loveeeee. its the shit, if i could get a drug that would give a dmt afterglow i would take just that (not as much as dmt tho)

XENONSION
#13 Posted : 7/30/2007 6:32:50 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:fef4465911="entheogenist"]The only lasting effects of DMT that I can see is OBSESSION. Since the first time I smoked DMT, not a minute has gone by without me thinking about it. I think about it all day, write about it in these forums, talk about it with my friends, extract it in my kitchen, DREAM about it, write songs and draw pictures about it, seek out DMT-inspired music, etc, etc, etc. I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed.[/quote:fef4465911] DMT itself is not addicting, but the information is. I too find myself preoccupied with DMT all the time. Usually it's me trying to decode what it was i seen or experienced, and trying to "figure it all out". lol

Do not be
-seen-on-see-on-

Deemster Teamster
#14 Posted : 7/31/2007 7:04:25 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:03b8372f55="entheogenist"]The only lasting effects of DMT that I can see is OBSESSION. Since the first time I smoked DMT, not a minute has gone by without me thinking about it. I think about it all day, write about it in these forums, talk about it with my friends, extract it in my kitchen, DREAM about it, write songs and draw pictures about it, seek out DMT-inspired music, etc, etc, etc. I'm not addicted, I'm obsessed.[/quote:03b8372f55] I agree with this 100%. I smoke DMT pretty infrequently, I have to be in the right mindstate for it. its been months since I've had any (and I have a good amount lying around). but I think about it and talk about it and read stuff about it ALL the time. once you've experienced THAT I can't see how you couldnt think about it all the time.

Deemster Teamster
#15 Posted : 7/31/2007 7:12:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:a6a9ec8fb6="Fuego"]its been said a million times but you realy do feel absolutly amazing afterwords. its almost the best part (not quite) but its so beautiful afterwords after youve been put back in this world, it seems so new, all the concepts return and the absurdity is still with all of them, you feel light. you feel like a weight has been taken off your chest. ready to go do whatever. you feel loveeeee. its the shit, if i could get a drug that would give a dmt afterglow i would take just that (not as much as dmt tho)[/quote:a6a9ec8fb6] It's been said that DMT is a powerful antidepressant. and to be honest, a sub-threshold dose can provide the afterglow with little or any psychedelic effects. If psychedelics werent banned and demonized in the late 1960's, by now we might have had a DMT based antidepressant drug that doesnt have the bad effects of SSRI's and other antidepressants.

DMTripper
#16 Posted : 7/31/2007 11:15:40 PM

John Murdoch IV

A toke a day keeps the darkness away Very happy
––––––

DMTripper is a fictional character therefore everything he says here must be fiction.
I mean, who really believes there is such a place as Hyperspace!!

The Traveler
#17 Posted : 8/1/2007 2:45:30 PM

"No, seriously"

Administrator | Skills: DMT, LSD, Programming

[quote:4b265570c9="DMTripper"]A toke a day keeps the darkness away Very happy[/quote:4b265570c9] G, you're in marketing or advertising? Brilliant phrase. Very happy

Garulfo
#18 Posted : 8/1/2007 3:15:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

SWIM is under SSRII and slowly reducing it. With his one toke/day medication he is feeling really good Pleased No hangover ever felt... just nice afterglow. If only we could have access to 99,99% pure DMT without having to require SWIM kitchen chemistry with nasty compounds... I bet that pure DMT is totally safe for the health.

Deemster Teamster
#19 Posted : 8/1/2007 4:10:08 PM
DMT-Nexus member

[quote:2173041c9e="Garulfo"]SWIM is under SSRII and slowly reducing it. With his one toke/day medication he is feeling really good Pleased No hangover ever felt... just nice afterglow. If only we could have access to 99,99% pure DMT without having to require SWIM kitchen chemistry with nasty compounds... I bet that pure DMT is totally safe for the health.[/quote:2173041c9e] alot of the stuff made with kitchen chemistry is alot closer to 99.99% pure than you think. see those big clear crystals people make with some cleaning and recrystallization? thats just not going to happen with something that is very impure. except of course the other alkaloids that come over during the extraction, most of which are inactive and similar enough to DMT to form homogenous crystals. people do have access to lab-grade synthetic DMT too. and besides, synthetic DMT is made with a lot more nasty, toxic chemicals than the simple strong bases, acids and solvents used in kitchen chemistry. but with careful work and simple cleaning procedures, they dont end up in the final product, just like with kitchen chemistry. the real benefit with synthetic is that you will not get the alkaloid impurities (which account for the differences in effects between two batches of extract that visually appear to be the same purity). pure (smoked freebase) DMT is very rough on the lungs, mouth, teeth and anything else it touches because its a base. injected DMT salts probably have no negative health effects, as you are simply introducing something into your bloodstream that is already there anyway.

Garulfo
#20 Posted : 8/2/2007 12:43:38 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Deemster, Do you take your infos from first hand experience ? (it would mean you would know how DMT is chemically made) Of course recrystalisation is a good way to get quite nice DMT but if ones anyway use some naphta from hardware stores instead of pharmaceutical-grade pure hexane, he will obviously get some nasty stuff in the final product. By nasty I mean benzene by example.

12NEXT