We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
Pharmahuasca Nation Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 11/11/2013 5:56:15 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

this time SWIMers are welcom...

Who swims in pharma?

I ask this question because it seems that most smoke it, some do Aya, and very few pharma.

Actually, it seems that it is not eve clear why to swim in pharam: some senior members say for convenience but not out of choice.

My reasons are:
1. not to have vomits or nausea
2. to calculate the amounts and thus be able to increase when needed.
3. to take only one dose and have an arch of journey: beginning middle and end.
4. all this in my case for healing purposes (to be elaborated if needed).

what are your takes?

thanx
Jox

Live plants. Sustainable, ethically sourced, native American owned.

universecannon
#2 Posted : 11/11/2013 6:32:59 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

It can help reduce the nausea/purge somewhat compared to a normal brew but it certainly doesn't eliminate it. As the dose keeps going up nausea and purging are inevitable at some point or another. Especially if you've taken a psychedelic dose of harmalas. Most people just seem to want the DMT aspect of it though, for some reason.

Lots of people around here do pharma, for all sorts of reasons. :]

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

Jox
#3 Posted : 11/11/2013 6:43:40 PM

DMT-Nexus member

universecannon,

what is the reason of your SWIM?

JOx

universecannon
#4 Posted : 11/11/2013 6:50:58 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

convenient, stores longer than a brew, easy to gauge dosage, etc

i love pharma but i actually prefer a full brew

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

3rdI
#5 Posted : 11/11/2013 7:38:08 PM

veni, vidi, spici

Hello Jox,

I like pharma for most of the reasons stated, my favourite reason is the lack of nausea, I never have any which suits me down to the ground when im in a nice field in the summer. I don't mind the purge but it doesn't fit well with my summer time trippin schedule.

I have also created a bit of a personal dogma about Aya and pharma, I use pharma for pleasure trippin and Aya for doing the work. I know this is kind of silly but it works well for me.
INHALE, SURVIVE, ADAPT

it's all in your mind, but what's your mind???

fool of the year

alert
#6 Posted : 11/11/2013 7:45:13 PM
DMT-Nexus member

The main benefit of pharma over ayahuasca for me is that I know exactly how much harmalas and DMT I am going to be dosing. Various batches of Caapi can contain extremely different alkaloid contents, this goes as well for admixture plants.

I've done extractions on 50g of black caapi that yielded the same as 150g extractions of various batches of yellow and red. Color isn't really a good indicator either, there is certainly weak black vine as well as very strong red.

The only time I will work with ayahuasca is if I have previously extracted some of the same batch of caapi so I know about how much vine I need to brew for a dose. Even then I still add extracted DMT rather than an admixture plant.

Nathanial.Dread
#7 Posted : 11/11/2013 7:54:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Some people (myself included) find the extraction step to be tedious or otherwise difficult.

I personally live in a flat, and while all my housemates are pretty psychedelic-friendly, everyone has agreed that extraction reactions that can stink up the flat with everything from IPA to naptha should be avoided until we have our own places.

Blessings
~ND
"There are many paths up the same mountain."

alert
#8 Posted : 11/11/2013 8:26:24 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Nathanial.Dread wrote:
Some people (myself included) find the extraction step to be tedious or otherwise difficult.

I personally live in a flat, and while all my housemates are pretty psychedelic-friendly, everyone has agreed that extraction reactions that can stink up the flat with everything from IPA to naptha should be avoided until we have our own places.

Blessings
~ND

Extracting harmalas doesn't have to cause any odor at all unless you choose to acidify with vinegar. Neither IPA or naphtha is required. Water, lye (or another base depending on the tek), caapi, and an acid are all that is needed.

I'm not saying that that the process might not be tedious or difficult for some people (although I think many would consider it one of the easier extractions) but there is absolutely no reason a caapi extraction can't be done without stinking up the place.