We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
< or > harmalas Options

Jox
#1 Posted : 11/10/2013 12:49:18 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi all,

I see that many of us differ in the amount of harmalas taken per session.

Seems many take more harmalas than dmt.

extraced harmala out of 8g rue, last step manske, and 2 g of Mimo cold brew.

What is your proportions and why?

Jox

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#2 Posted : 11/10/2013 1:06:33 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I personally have not tried it out yet but I can say that people have found that harmala dose size is person specific. Some need more, some need less. Some need it before, some need is at the time of... ect.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

jamie
#3 Posted : 11/10/2013 1:08:42 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Salvia divinorum expert | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growingSenior Member | Skills: Plant growing, Ayahuasca brewing, Mushroom growing

I can guarantee your not taking 8g of harmalas. you might be taking 8g of some rue extract but it has to be extremely dirty. Noone is gunna be taking 8g of rue harmalas..I really mean that..no one. Do you mean 8 grams of seeds?

I take all kinds of doses of harmalas. Sometimes I snuff them or use them sublingual with snuffed or smoked DMT..and in that case even just 15mg will really synergize the DMT.

Orally I use anywhere between 1-3g of rue with mimosa. 1 gram is the minimum needed for me to activated mimosa, but I need more mimosa than I do with 3g of rue. At 3 grams of rue I will get psychedelic effects from it alone. At 1 gram of rue I get a nice effect even without mimosa but it is short lived and not really psychedelic, it's more like meditation..and with mimosa at that dose the DMT only really hits for about 30 minutes..whereas with 3g I can have more like a 3-4 hour experience.

With caapi it varies. Vine varies so much.

At like 6-7 grams of rue it is just way way too much. I only dose like that very very rarely. Less than once a year.
Long live the unwoke.

endlessness
#4 Posted : 11/10/2013 1:48:41 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Its been a while since I consumed rue but my dose used to be 250mg harmine or 130mg harmaline, or 3g rue tea (or around 50g caapi depending on strenght) plus the DMT... I think with mimosa I used to take like 3-5g, or when taking pharma I needed a ridiculous dose of 200mg+ of dmt fumarate for some reason.. I never measured amounts of chacruna when I took it, since I was always making these huge brews with a friend I lived with, and we measured the ratios of caapi and chacruna by eyesight, and just drank it small doses first to find dosage of batch.

Sabnock
#5 Posted : 11/26/2013 5:42:54 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Any idea on what an oral dose of freebase Rue extract would be? I have both a freebase Rue extract and freebase pure Harmala's, but the Harmalas are together and not separate. I'm getting me a scale in the next week or so, so i can accurately measure out a dose in mgs, i just need to know how much extract i should take.

Thanks

Jox
#6 Posted : 11/28/2013 4:12:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Hi Sabnock,

I see that you already have extractions which makes it a little more difficult. I don't know you or what is your past experience and future goals. I don't have a scale, so I am not sure what I am taking in mg.

What I do is I measure by the capsules, I take 3 capsules, longer side full, and shorter empty (this is my measuring), which correlates to 7 or 8 g of rue seeds before extractions.

You are aware that you should not have certain foods, and the day of harmala take you should fast 6 hours after very light meal: lentis and bread for lunch, for example at 12pm, so at 18 hours you are ready to take it.

Our experience is that more harmalas is fundamental to strong and long journey. But tell me more of your intentions so I can tell what I know.

Jox

Sabnock
#7 Posted : 11/29/2013 5:13:34 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Well, i ordered myself a mg scale so i can weigh my Harmala dose correctly. I've looked around and apparently they say it's 150 to 250mgs for a dose of extracted Harmalas, so i'll probably start out with 150mgs just to be sure. Only thing i'm not sure of, is if those doses are for the pure Harmalas, or the freebased full spectrum Rue extract.

I've taken ground up Rue seeds in capsules, way over 100 or so times (back when i was taking Ayahuasca all last year), and recently found that 5 size 0 capsules of Rue seeds comes out to 3.5/3.6 grams and is perfect, providing no nausea or purging. I've had my share of purging and i already have gut issues so i don't need any more purging. I've also started using Lemon Balm tea with my Ayahuasca as to prevent gastric issues like gas, bloating and nausea, though i haven't tried it with a higher dose of Harmalas to see if the purge is gone.

As for certain foods and fasting, i do no such thing, as it's not technically required. For irreversible MAOI's, you must follow a strict no tyramine diet, where as reversible MAOI's you don't have to follow a diet. Also there has been confusion between the IR-MAOI diet and apparently the Shipibo diet. One doesn't need to follow a diet in order to take Ayahuasca, the only thing one must abstain from is certain medications. Also, i've come to find that i can take Ayahuasca about 2 hours after eating, and everything is fine granted i don't stuff myself, but for higher Harmala dosages that are guaranteed to cause purging, it's probably not a good thing to eat for atleast 4 to 6 hours before Ayahuasca, i find.

And while yes, more Harmalas ensures a strong and long experience, but i myself am more into the experimentation side of things and like to play around with dosage, and adding other plants to the mix (some to get around certain side-effects, some to enhance certain qualities or to calm any anxiety during the experience)... And so i'm more of a low to moderate dosage kinda guy, as i feel there's way more to the experience and plus more layers of the experience are shown, than with high dosages.

I've had my share of higher doses but i and many others feel that you can work your way up to your "sweet spot" to where you can be provided all the benefits of Ayahuasca but without the so called side-effects. The same goes for Shrooms and LSD in the medical field, they find lower to moderate doses to be better medicinally than full on completely immersive experiences which are more likely to cause paranoia, feelings of panic and terror, anxiety, etc.