We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
PREV12
happy noob acrb extraction report! Options

valentino
#21 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:51:21 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^dude definitely will be doing pulls until there's nothing left...and after that, he's gonna boil that bark again...whatever sister acacia wants to give, dude will graciously accept!

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

anrchy
#22 Posted : 11/9/2013 2:29:40 AM

DMT-Nexus member

That's a 2.8% yield, if you get more I will be flabbergasted and skeptical that there isn't something else in there.
Open your Mind () Please read my DMT vaping guide () Fear is the mind killer

"Energy flows where attention goes"

[Please review the forum Wiki and FAQ before posting questions]

valentino
#23 Posted : 11/9/2013 2:43:12 AM
DMT-Nexus member

got to agree with you on that one, anrchy...but, it wouldn't feel right not to try Pleased

Orion
#24 Posted : 11/10/2013 2:47:23 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Insane yield there matey Thumbs up
Art Van D'lay wrote:
Smoalk. It. And. See.

xram
#25 Posted : 11/10/2013 3:08:36 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Wow... nicely done! Thumbs up

valentino
#26 Posted : 11/10/2013 6:44:37 AM
DMT-Nexus member

swim has not yet tasted his soup...he probably will begin his experiments within a week or two...

he did however go in for his second pull...he thought his naphtha was pretty clear at room temp and wasn't expecting much...but after a couple of hours of freeze precip, there seems to be some action going on...another few grams at least...he'll keep us posted

valentino
#27 Posted : 11/10/2013 3:52:37 PM
DMT-Nexus member

overestimated a little...only 1.6 grams on the second pull...the dude will take it, though!

but, the xtals were noticeably yellower than the previous pull...i wonder if that was due to the fact that my buddy didn't wait very long to freeze his naphtha...last time, he left it out at room temp for five hours, and this allowed the golden goo to coalesce at the bottom...also...dude fell asleep while solvent was in the extraction vessel...it was in there a lot longer than for the first pull...perhaps that allowed for more impurities to seep in...

i'll let you know when dude reports in on the bio-assay...

thanks for the encouragement, guys...and anrchy...nice job with the beginner's vaping guide...it's helping me orient myself for the next phase of this journey

anrchy
#28 Posted : 11/10/2013 10:54:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

valentino wrote:
and anrchy...nice job with the beginner's vaping guide...it's helping me orient myself for the next phase of this journey

Awesome, I'm glad you took the time to read it. Never underestimate the power of DMT, when you do it will put you in your place quick.

I am curious as to how much of that weight is actually DMT, NMT, plant fats and oils. Either way good job.

null24
#29 Posted : 11/10/2013 11:21:14 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Welcoming committeeModerator

Big grin
null24 attached the following image(s):
blowmind3-2.gif (1,934kb) downloaded 106 time(s).
Sine experientia nihil sufficienter sciri potest -Roger Bacon
*γνῶθι σεαυτόν*

valentino
#30 Posted : 11/11/2013 5:31:47 AM
DMT-Nexus member

anrchy wrote:
Awesome, I'm glad you took the time to read it. Never underestimate the power of DMT, when you do it will put you in your place quick.

yeah...believe me, I'm definitely entering into this with a lot of respect for the power of both the substance and the experience...wish I was a little less trepidatious about it...but, I suppose there's not much way around that

anrchy wrote:
I am curious as to how much of that weight is actually DMT, NMT, plant fats and oils. Either way good job.

thanks...yeah, I'm curious about that, as well...I don't have any way to know for sure, but I'm feeling confident that the 14g of white fluffy stuff is grade A...there's only one other variable that occurred to me that may account for the high yield...dude never did weigh the bark before he boiled it...it was marked 500g, but maybe his vendor was on the generous side...if the stuff has the expected effect, he'll definitely have himself a repeat customer! Smile

valentino
#31 Posted : 11/16/2013 11:25:58 PM
DMT-Nexus member

***update***

so, this weekend, my buddy finally had a taste...

tools...

gvg

9/16" ceramic disc

torch lighter

he measured out his dose onto a piece of aluminum foil...then he heated up the disc and rubbed it onto the foil allowing the dose to melt in..

he started off really light...10mg of the white fluffy stuff...just to get his toes wet...very light but noticeable effects...a rush to the head...mild closed-eye visuals...he felt like he didn't really smoke it all down, though...and that was proven after the fact when excess was burned off...lots of smoke came off the disc before it burned clean...

he let an hour or so go by...then went for 15mg...this time he got a much better hit off...felt and saw a lot more vapor...and the effects were much stronger...much more clearly defined cev's...bright neon blues and greens...then a vibration started to develop -- from his core...from a cellular level, it seemed...a vibration that was not so much the high-pitched whine that is so commonly described...but, more of a low rumble that was slowly but powerfully growing in intensity until it suddenly subsided...the dose was not strong enough to support it...but, my buddy knew that one day, that same rumbling was going to rip him apart...

another hour...third time, he went for a little more...20mg...but, i think he chickened out a bit and didn't get the kind of hit he got the last time...or perhaps his tolerance was built up for the night...the effects were more akin to that of the first attempt...

after some research, the dude is sure that his technique needs improving...one big mistake was that he followed the directions on the vg website instructing him not to point the flame directly at the ceramic...dude thinks that will make a big difference to the kind of hits he gets...

bottom line...the stuff seems quite legit...noob vaping technique, not so much...dude will be trying again soon, and will let any interested parties know how it goes...

v

anrchy
#32 Posted : 11/17/2013 6:57:10 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Get a torch first of all. It works WAY better IMO.

Also, its much easier and efficient to just put the dmt in the gvg on top of your ceramic disc/chore boy (whatever you use) and the place the glass on glass ceramic piece in. Then use a lighter to melt it in. As soon as you see it melt in its ready to go.

Melting some on some foil and "rubbing" it in seems like you would lose some in the process and is a whole lot of work.

valentino
#33 Posted : 11/17/2013 8:15:28 AM
DMT-Nexus member

a torch lighter was used...but as per the instructions on the vapor genie website, the flame was kept off of the ceramic diffuser to avoid soot build-up...but, with some further research on the gvg thread , it was discovered that torch lighters don't produce soot...it's going to make a huge difference to hit the gvg with the flame pointed directly at the ceramic...

ceramic discs were used...pre-loading them seemed to be the way to go...heating up the disc and letting the dose melt in, a la the gibran method...dude thought it would be harder to place the dose on the disc at the bottom of the bowl...

he wanted to ask though...it seems he got the wrong size of disc, 9/16"...too big...it won't sit flat at the bottom of the bowl...he tried grinding the disc down to size, but it's not as easy to do as one might think...do you think it's very important to get the disc to cover up the hole at the bottom, or is it cool to let it sit up higher?

PREV12