We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
happy noob acrb extraction report! Options

valentino
#1 Posted : 11/7/2013 11:42:51 PM
DMT-Nexus member

hey, everyone...

first-time poster here...i wanted to tell you a little story about this guy i know who used thick-light's tek (with slight variations) to produce yields on one pull that were totally shocking to him!...

yeah...this guy had never done any kind of extraction before, so he was pretty astonished by the results...14g of xtals and 2.5 grams of goo (which, btw, was more beautiful than the xtals!)...from 500g acrb...

this guy has never done dmt before, and is not quite sure when he will decide to make the leap into hyperspace...so, it's not clear when a bio-assay will be done...but, from what this guy has seen and read, the stuff looks pretty legit! Smile

this guy wanted me to make my first post letting other noobs know how he did it...so, this is how dude did it...

500g acrb...not quite shredded...more like chipped...moistened in bag...froze/thawed twice...boiled (simmered) for 90 min...2 ltrs h20/200 ml vinegar...transferred liquid to second pot for reduction after boil...added more h20/gar to the 1st pot with the bark...repeated 5x...

solution was reduced to about 1.5 ltrs...some thick black film developed and dude was debating whether to leave it in or not...he removed it, but put it back with the bark that would eventually get boiled up again...the reduction was allowed to cool a bit and transferred to a 5 ltr glass wine jug...dude left the bottle alone until it reached room temp -- during which time he found the balls to deal with the lye...

dude put on his rubber gloves and protective eye-wear and measured out a cup of lye (in beads)...he slowly poured the naoh through a funnel into the bottle...and it began to rumble...and get hot...and dude began to get nervous because the reaction was more than he was expecting...but, he kept his cool and swirled the contents around every once in a while and also turned the cap a bit to relieve some pressure...a small problem occurred one of the times he went to give the contents a swirl...dude forgot that he left the cap loose and some caustic black liquid came out...but it was all good...not much came out...and he was wearing gloves...but, dude decided to check how caustic the liquid really was...so, he put the smallest dab on the underside of his forearm...it was fine...for a minute...then it started to burn...then it became quite uncomfortable...so, dude halted proceedings and washed up his arm and rubbed in a little vinegar...dude learned to respect the lye and vowed to never be lax about wearing protective gear...

dude wanted to wait for the mix to cool down...but that shizz stayed hot for a long-ass time...so, he decided to go ahead with the next step...gave 500ml of vm&p naphtha a hot-water bath...he made sure it was clearly hotter than the bottle and poured it in...and swirled (not shook) vigorously...waited a few minutes for separation...swirled again...repeated that about ten times...the last couple of times the bottle was too close to room temp for dude's liking...so, he gave the big bottle a hot-water bath in the big pot that he used for reduction...

turkey baster wouldn't reach down to the naphtha, but dude had it all planned out...he swirled the contents and filled four 24oz glass jars with the black stuff...he waited for separation and began to remove the naphtha with a turkey baster...very quickly, dude came to the conclusion that turkey basters suck...but, he carried on, as he had no alternative...dude used an eyedropper to finish off the job...

eyedropper worked very well, and dude got most all the naphtha out of the four jars and into a 16oz mason jar...he let it sit at room temp for 5 hrs...he could see some stuff forming at the bottom of the jar...he thought it was xtals...but when it came time to pour the contents into the glass baking dish, it became clear that the substance was goo Shocked ...dude was able to pour all the milky naphtha into the dish with the goo remaining in the jar...he put the dish in the freezer at a slant...then he took another dish and poured the goo out into it...a remarkable substance...beautiful amber color with a honey-like consistency...dude watched it curiously as it began to gently bubble...almost like it was trying to communicate...dude said goodnight to the goo and went to bed...

in the morning, dude checked on his goodies...wow...the pan was covered in white xtals...and the goo had hardened and developed gorgeous xtals of it's own!...dude thought to himself, all goo must not be like this, or else folks would be happy to have it!

dude felt like a real ayahuascero and alchemist!...he just wanted to say thanks and share this experience with the community that made it possible!...

v
valentino attached the following image(s):
1st pull.JPG (1,634kb) downloaded 381 time(s).
goo.JPG (2,038kb) downloaded 380 time(s).
11-07-13 yellow.JPG (2,148kb) downloaded 383 time(s).

STS is a community for people interested in growing, preserving and researching botanical species, particularly those with remarkable therapeutic and/or psychoactive properties.

Shadowman-x
#2 Posted : 11/8/2013 12:00:09 AM

x-namwodahs

Senior Member | Skills: Relationship & emotional support/counselling

simply gorgeous. mind = blown, WELL DONE!
They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

INCEDIGRIS
#3 Posted : 11/8/2013 1:49:02 AM

DMT-Nexus member

WOW

MatriarchyOne
#4 Posted : 11/8/2013 2:10:49 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Great share. Although I've been creeping around these parts for a while, this is also my first post. Congrats on your first extract.

MatriarchyOne
#5 Posted : 11/8/2013 2:26:28 AM

DMT-Nexus member

I'm actually really happy I ran into this when I did. I came across it at the perfect time because I myself am about to do my first acrb extraction this upcoming weekend. I have never used acrb, so I am also new to it. However, having seen this gets my hopes up quite a bit.

datdmt
#6 Posted : 11/8/2013 3:09:04 AM

DMT-Nexus member

dayummm dude nice crystals, also you should really consider covering that open dish if thats naphtha you're using.
It feels familiar , for good reason.

captn_cat
#7 Posted : 11/8/2013 4:07:15 AM

DMT-Nexus member

out of curiousity, did you by chance leave it uncovered during freeze precip? incredible yield, brother. peace, love, and lightSmile

valentino
#8 Posted : 11/8/2013 5:39:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

my buddy and I thank you for your words of encouragement!...it's our pleasure to share, and we hope that someone figures out whatever it was that he did right so it may be duplicated! Smile

the dish was plastic-wrapped and had a lid on in the freezer...pic was taken after an overnight freeze and the naphtha drained off...

question...my buddy would like to know what you would do with the waxy goo product?...use it on it's own, or mix it with the xtals?

valentino
#9 Posted : 11/8/2013 5:52:16 AM
DMT-Nexus member

oh...and good luck with your project, matriarchyone...it's clear that acrb has a lot to offer!...if you'd like to know anything more specific about this extraction, feel free to ask

cubeananda
#10 Posted : 11/8/2013 6:10:57 AM

jai

Talk about inspiration! Laughing

valentino
#11 Posted : 11/8/2013 10:28:44 AM
DMT-Nexus member

that's a nifty trick, spiritofspice...dude will remember that one if he ever runs into problem goo...but he's grown rather fond of this golden goo and doesn't want to alter it...the word is that goo can have special properties that many find quite pleasing...lots of folks mix it up with their changa, but dude plans to use it straight up or mixed with regular xtals and was just wondering what folks around here would prefer

cubeananda
#12 Posted : 11/8/2013 3:57:55 PM

jai

@Spiritofspice The plate style crystals are actually Goo.

Still a good idea to Re-x, especially if one isn't sure that no lye-water was pulled.

magic9
#13 Posted : 11/8/2013 4:48:22 PM

DMT-Nexus member

:mind blown:

now i gota up my game..

MatriarchyOne
#14 Posted : 11/8/2013 4:54:13 PM

DMT-Nexus member

valentino wrote:
oh...and good luck with your project, matriarchyone...it's clear that acrb has a lot to offer!...if you'd like to know anything more specific about this extraction, feel free to ask

I still can't believe you got such a great yield from 500g. It is very impressive. And the photos look great. PM me that tek if you can, or at least a link to it. I am very interested in trying it out.

Chairman MAO
#15 Posted : 11/9/2013 12:21:15 AM

Writing the little red book of life...

Wow! This dude is an inspiration to us all.

Thanks for sharing, may he enjoy many formative experiences.

Thumbs up

As Matriarchy says, please link us to the tek! Thanks.
In my country, the legal go-to psychoactive substance is ethanol. Sometimes my friends get wasted and tell the craziest stories about how they go out at night to harvest strange grasses in the light of the full moon. They claim to meet elves, white light and jaguars. These are their stories.

SMAOLK ZEBONG
Mon Ami, if you lose your inhibition we can take some extasy and DANCE!

valentino
#16 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:08:26 AM
DMT-Nexus member

MatriarchyOne wrote:
I still can't believe you got such a great yield from 500g. It is very impressive. And the photos look great. PM me that tek if you can, or at least a link to it. I am very interested in trying it out.

i can't pm, as i'm still a noob, but here's the link that started it all...

https://www.dmt-nexus.me...aspx?g=posts&t=39030

thick-light's tek seems to be a standard a/b extraction...my buddy varied from it a little...bumped up the vinegar to 175-200ml...dropped the naphtha to 500ml...and, the boils may have been a little longer than thick-light's...boils were kept pretty hot, too...always at a simmer and occasionally at a roiling boil -- but not for very long...stirred pretty frequently...

some other differences that i think were key:

even though the solution was warm, dude made sure that the naphtha was substantially warmer...hot, even...but, please be careful when heating that naphtha...never over an open flame...

the five ltr wine jug...with such a massive vessel, a very strong swirl was able to be generated -- eliminating the need to shake, which i believe results in more goo...getting the naphtha out of a jug that size is not gonna happen, though -- so, be prepared to transfer to a more appropriate vessel(s)...and get the naphtha out of there as quick as possible -- if you leave it in there too long, i believe it picks up more junk...dude was able to swirl ten times, always waiting for complete separation between swirls, and still managed to get more than 90% of the naphtha out in under an hour...

ummm...what else did dude do differently?...not much...dude would get a pipette instead of a turkey baster, if he were to do it over again...basters suck! Smile

also, i suggest you read the thread all the way through...some good tips -- especially from member, aquarius...by the end of it, you should have a pretty good feel...good luck!

v

ps...since you enjoyed the pics, here are some close-ups of the xtals! Smile
xtal.JPG (2,077kb) downloaded 237 time(s).
xtal nf.JPG (1,858kb) downloaded 234 time(s).

valentino
#17 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:23:38 AM
DMT-Nexus member

cubeananda wrote:
@Spiritofspice The plate style crystals are actually Goo.

Still a good idea to Re-x, especially if one isn't sure that no lye-water was pulled.

i'm inclined to believe it is actually uncontaminated goo...it was a pretty clean golden hue, and dude was very meticulous with his eyedropper to make sure no aqueous solution remained in the naphtha...dude may just take sos's advice and re-x it anyway...no need to take any chances...

here's a pic of the goo after it was scraped up
11-07-13 goo.JPG (1,578kb) downloaded 235 time(s).

DeadHead25
#18 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:31:56 AM
DMT-Nexus member

That is beautiful man my buddy also achieved a high yield and he only boiled 3x following the same tek and got hardly any goo at all but 13g of snow white xtals.

Was that yield from only 1 naptha pull or did you combine them in the pyrex?

valentino
#19 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:35:59 AM
DMT-Nexus member

^^thanks, dead...that's just from one pull...a second pull will probably be done, this weekend...but, i can't imagine there's much left in there Smile

DeadHead25
#20 Posted : 11/9/2013 1:43:19 AM
DMT-Nexus member

holy shit dude im sure you can squeeze some more out of that solution. I would most certainly do another pull just to be sure.

My buddy hates the turkey baster as well and should have his sep. funnel soon Smile

I would make some changa with that goo.

12NEXT