We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
12NEXT
How much Changa goes into one bowl ? Options

Chaquah
#1 Posted : 11/3/2013 11:13:25 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hello All,

I've been reading a lot about the wonderfull world of Changa. I have ordered some Calea and Blue Lotus and have some pure white spice to put to use.

My question is: Using the formula 1:1 equal parts of herb to spice. If I use 5 gram of herb, I would need 5 grams of spice. I would then end up with a total of 10grams enhanced leaf/changa.

How much would i need to put in a bowl to load it for one go ? I mostly read about big bowls and small bowls and bongs, but i don't normally use these devices. I smoke my weed in a joint Pleased and i use bowls to eat cornflakes.

With 5 grams of spice, i could load my machine at least 100 times if smoking it pure.

Can I load a bowl 100 times with 10grams of Changa ?

I'm sorry if the answer is already clearly posted somewhere, I have been looking and can't seem to get this part clear in my head.

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

alert
#2 Posted : 11/3/2013 2:49:46 PM
DMT-Nexus member

I usually work with 40mg-110mg of 1:1 changa depending on my mood and how deep I want to go.

Quote:
With 5 grams of spice, i could load my machine at least 100 times if smoking it pure.

Can I load a bowl 100 times with 10grams of Changa ?

Indeed you can. My advice is to use a water pipe rather than a dry pipe though. I like to get my dose in one hit if possible and a big hit of changa out of a dry pipe can lead to throat burning and coughing during the experience which isn't ideal.

Mz.Gypzy
#3 Posted : 11/3/2013 2:50:24 PM

DMT-Nexus member

An easier way to look at it, is like this.

Depends how much spice you want to dose?

If your Changa is 1/1. 5g spice/5g leaf.

Then....

If you want to smoke a 25mg dose of spice, then you would load 50mg of Changa.
In that dose would be the 25mg of spice And 25mg leaf.

Right?

Your still measuring the exact amount of DMT that you want to smoke, but you have to factor in the weight of the other Materials as well.

Are you adding any Caapi leaf or extracted Harmalas?

If not then it is considered just enhanced leaf, which is awesome in its own right.

I prefer 1/1/1 Changa. Spice/Herbs/Harmalas.
With a mix like this, I don't usual measure my dose, just pack a bowl and surf the wave.

If I wanted to measure. A 100mg dose of this Changa would be.

33.3mgSpice/33.3mgHerbs/33.3mg Harmalas. For example.Cool

Hope that helps!

What kind of Herbs have you decided to use?

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

Chaquah
#4 Posted : 11/3/2013 3:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Thanks, that helps yes !

I think i want to try Calea and Blue lotus. Also want to add some Mullein if i can find it, but thats just for the taste and respiratory system, apparently.

But i will sureley order some Caapi and/or Harmalin. It will be nice to try different mixes, allthough I also want to try the spice in pure form. Its going to be an interesting journey i'm sure !

You have any mixes you could recommend ?

Mz.Gypzy
#5 Posted : 11/3/2013 3:45:54 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Oops. Forgot you had mentioned those 2 herbs already.Pleased

That mix sounds good, and is almost exactly what I use for Changa herbs. I use Muellin as the bulk, and highly recommend it, as it is super easy to smoke. I also use Calea, it is mixed into a Mexican dream mix I bought. And Blue lotus.

Mullien can be bought cheap online and makes a great base.

I definitely recommend trying Harmalas eventually, you will be happy you did, it does not take away from the spice, but greatly adds to it. They go hand in hand.

Good luck, let us know how it goes.

who's minding the store?- Ram Dass
Mz.Gypzy is a fictional character. I have a very active imagination. I like to make things up, to entertain myself and others on the internet. I do not use, or condone the use of illegal substances. Everything I write here on the Nexus is for pure entrainment purposes only.

Onawa
#6 Posted : 11/3/2013 4:12:00 PM

StoryTeller

just a thought, you may not want to mix up all 5 grams at once, just in case you want to change something. You may want more or less harmalas in there, or in case decide something is too harsh. Personally I like only mullein or maybe a little caapi leaf mixed in- but I have asthma so Im picky. If I want to test something new, Ill make up a mix with harmalas and leave out the spice, let it dry and then give it a test run on my lungs.

Good luck!!

Chaquah
#7 Posted : 11/3/2013 4:58:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Allrighty friends, thank you for all the info.

I've just ordered some Mullein (20gr for 2 euro). I will definately not mix up 5 grams on the first go, I will try with less first. I also have some growing in my growtent, but those are very tiny. Next spring I will definately be growing this in my garden.

About the harmalas. Are Harmalas considered to be the MAOI inhibitors ? (Caapi and Syrian rue and such). Or is Harmalas something completely different ?

alert
#8 Posted : 11/3/2013 5:09:38 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Are Harmalas considered to be the MAOI inhibitors ? (Caapi and Syrian rue and such)

Yes. You can either use extracted harmalas, or you can use caapi leaf or enhanced caapi leaf (10x, 20x). Other things like passionflower also contain MAOIs.

Also, harmalas are an MAO inhibitor, not an MAOI inhibitor Pleased

Chaquah
#9 Posted : 11/3/2013 5:14:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

alert wrote:
Also, harmalas are an MAO inhibitor, not an MAOI inhibitor Pleased

Lol, thanks, wouldn't want to inhibit the inhibitor.

Chaquah
#10 Posted : 11/3/2013 5:24:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another thing i was wondering about.

Isn't 50mg of herb a really tiny amount of herb ? When i read about Calea for example, i read that people use it to make tea and then they take around 3 grams of leaves for one cup.

Is the herb in Changa/Enhanced Leaf used to give the DMT experience only a little touch of the herb, or is the power of the herb greatly enhanced by the spice ? (hence the name enhanced leaf ?)

thecrystalkid
#11 Posted : 11/3/2013 9:25:59 PM

DMT-Nexus member

as for caapi leaf i can see how such a minmal amount might work. i used to buy whole caapi vines and spend 8 hours splitting say 200g with my hands and fingers. used to get quite a buzz from the tiny ammount of dust i would inadvertently inhale

edit: also common to get quite a lift just from being around the steam coming from an aya brew
"only a closed mind is certain"

dreamer042
#12 Posted : 11/3/2013 10:49:57 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The beauty of changa is that there is no need to fiddle around with weighing exact doses and special vaporization methods.

You simply stuff the pipe full and puff at your leisure, the slow onset helps one gauge the level of depth they are comfortable with. The MAOI effect means there is no need to try and get it all as quickly as you can, you can stack up the effects with every puff. No specialized $100 pipes or ghetto-made crack jobs, no special technique or skill required. Just load up any old cannabis style pipe and puff yourself into hyperbliss. Cool
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Chaquah
#13 Posted : 11/4/2013 8:55:51 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Allrighty then, that sounds like the way to go for me.

One concern: Are any diets needed before smoking MAOi ? The one time i did ayahuasca i couldn´t eat certain things the two days in advance. Do those same rules apply to smoking MAOi ?

dreamer042
#14 Posted : 11/4/2013 3:40:45 PM

Dreamoar

Moderator | Skills: Mostly harmless

The dietary restrictions only apply to pharmaceutical MAOI's. The harmala alkaloids are RIMA's (reversible inhibitors of MAO-A) and as such dietary restrictions are not necessary for either oral or smoked usage. The only potentially dangerous interactions to be worried about with these alkaloids are with pharmaceutical medications, particularly SSRI's and stimulants like amphetamines and the MDxx compounds.
Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream. Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily...

Visual diagram for the administration of dimethyltryptamine

Visual diagram for the administration of ayahuasca

Chaquah
#15 Posted : 11/4/2013 5:54:58 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Ok, i dont think i understand that yet.

I will do some more research.

As i understood it, the compounds of the Caapi, prohibit the immediate breakdown of DMT when taken orally by killing certain enzymes that would neutralise the DMT, thus making it possible to experience the spice.

If smoked, arent these enzymes killed as well ?

I absoluteley trust what youre saying is correct, im trying to understand it.

What exactly are pharmaceutical MAOIs ?

Chaquah
#16 Posted : 11/4/2013 6:19:32 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Aha, ive been reading and now i understand a little more.

The maoi in ayahuasca (syrian rue or caapi) doesnt require any dietary precautions. Just the pharmaceutical MAOIs (created by the pharmaceutical companies).

Is that correct ?

Chaquah
#17 Posted : 11/4/2013 8:12:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Here i am again posting to keep my own thread alive.

I am now planning my Changa mixing.

I plan to use:
Spice
Mullein
Blue Lotus
Caapi leaves or bark
Calea Zacatechichi

My basic plan is mixing 1gram of spice with 0.5gr 10X Caapi and 0.5gr Calea. After thats done I will mix this with the Mullein (0.5gr ?) and add some Blue lotus (0.5gr ?). Thus creating 3gr of Changa.

First I want to make the 10x caapi leaves or bark. When doing this, is there any MAOI (10x caapi leaves) to Spice ratio i should keep in mind ?

The 10X Caapi i want to make by using aceton. I will dissolve the spice in the aceton after 10X-ing the aceton and before putting the Caapi leaves in the solvent. I was thinking i could add the Calea to the mix as well now (it will then be 5X Caapi and 5X Calea).

I will then have changa consisting out of enhanced 10X Caapi and Calea. The lotus and mullein will then be added unenhanced.

Does this sound ok ?

Metanoia
#18 Posted : 11/4/2013 9:33:26 PM

DMT-Nexus member

I would add the mullein and the calea to the acetone so it gets evenly distributed. Then add the lotus after everything is evaporated and dry. Acetone will ruin the pretty color of the lotus petals Smile

Chaquah
#19 Posted : 11/5/2013 4:35:55 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Another question. Can I use Acetone to 10X the caapi leaves ?

I read that acetone does not dissolve harmalas.

Chaquah
#20 Posted : 11/6/2013 12:10:06 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Instead of leaves i got my hands on 50gr of red vine caapi bark.

Is it now a good idea to enhance the bark 10X ? To create 1gram of 10X bark (and then leaving 40grams of bark for another day).

And if yes, should i use ethanol to put the 10gr of caapi in for two weeks ? (since the maoi does not dissolve well in acetone or isopropyl alcohol). Or could i also use naphta ?

Hope someone finds the time to answer these questions i have.

The blue lotus and calea have also arrived. Just the mullein and then im set to go.

12NEXT