We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
MHRB origin and quality Options

Doerak
#1 Posted : 6/7/2009 11:19:32 AM
DMT-Nexus member

Hello,

I was wondering if there's anything that can be said in general about the country of origin of Mimosa Hostilis and the quality of it (the relative amount of N,N-DMT in it).

I think I once read something about Mexico having better quality MHRB than Brasil, but I'm not 100% sure. Of course, quality varies within a country and it's hard to confirm if the MHRB even came from a specific country, but still... I'd like to hear your thoughts about this subject. Thanks Smile

Regards,
Doerak

Explore our global analysis service for precise testing of your extracts and other substances.

Contact
#2 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:11:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

well my first order was from mexico... my second from brasil...

The one from Brasil yielded approximately 1.5% of spice... the one from mexico about 0.8%

But i don't think that's enough testing to give you an exact answer to your question.

Advertise: Order from pedro: http://www.adenium.com.br/mimosa ... awesome quality and perfectly pre-powdered
There is more than we can see with our eyes open

West-en
#3 Posted : 6/7/2009 1:54:43 PM

DMT-Nexus member

The quality does not depend as much of the country of origin as it does with how the vendors have been handling and storing it. For highest quality you want to get almost freshly dried MHRB, not something that has been in store for several years. (Small vendors may have very little MHRB in store at a certain time, thus they have 'fresher' powder, as opposed to the big ones) Also one should note that if you order directly from mexico/brasil, it is more likely to be recently harvested, than if you order from some other country (whom act like a middleman storing it).
Ah yeah, i have to agree with Contact, that vendor has some fresh MHRB (I've heard, hasn't got any experience yet)! Just a shame they can't harvest at the moment.
There's a clear difference between what I say I do and what I actually do perform.

Contact
#4 Posted : 6/7/2009 2:13:45 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Quote:
Just a shame they can't harvest at the moment.

Yeah, it's rainy period down in brasil so no chance to dry the bark Sad i think in around one month he has again some fresh MHRB
There is more than we can see with our eyes open

Doerak
#5 Posted : 6/7/2009 3:09:59 PM
DMT-Nexus member

Thanks guys. Adenium seems like a really good resource.. The fact that they don't sell in a rainy season can only mean that their MHRB is really, really fresh. The prices are very competitive as well, especially since they can ship from Belgium Smile I'll be ordering from them soon.