We've Moved! Visit our NEW FORUM to join the latest discussions. This is an archive of our previous conversations...

You can find the login page for the old forum here.
CHATPRIVACYDONATELOGINREGISTER
DMT-Nexus
FAQWIKIHEALTH & SAFETYARTATTITUDEACTIVE TOPICS
LUCI - Kickstarter Project For Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer Options

gilga_mesh
#1 Posted : 10/29/2013 1:18:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

http://www.kickstarter.c...nced-lucid-dream-inducer

Rather than relying on light induced lucid dreaming, this device actually detects the REM pattern and reminds you to start taking control of your dream via audio messages.

This looks really good, I'm seriously considering of backing them and securing myself a device

Big grin
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Good quality Syrian rue (Peganum harmala) for an incredible price!

obliguhl
#2 Posted : 10/29/2013 3:41:53 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Infectedstyle
#3 Posted : 10/29/2013 5:27:40 PM
I compulsively post from time to time

I think the thing can use a lot of improvement.. in the first place, i wonder if it is possible to have sleep-friendly earbuds. If such a thing is possible, they HAVE to make use of it, or we should be allowed to use our own personal earbuds..

If it turns out i can record brainwave activity and choose my own tunes/schedule i would definitely want this product. Basically, we should be allowed to play with the software in a user-friendly way. Atleast, i think that that is the most important thing.

Since they have gathered so much money in this kickstarter project already, it looks like they are going to add optional USB connections into a computer. That's nice. Perhaps i will give them a call to ask some questions and give some suggestions, i've been wishing for a device just like this for some time now. I know there are people who make their own devices, it is a starting market.

What would be even more cool is if we could communicate with this machine by means of electric signals! Hah, that way we could control our audio while in the dream without having to wake up at all, add some magnetic resonance technology and we can add a whole new dimension to our lucid dreams Neutral

gilga_mesh
#4 Posted : 10/29/2013 6:38:23 PM

DMT-Nexus member

obliguhl wrote:
How many folks can slee with earbuds in ?

If they're comfortable, yes. It happened to me many times before

He says they're going to add 3 adapters to fit any ear size

Quote:
Will the ear buds come out while I'm sleeping?

The ear buds will come with three different sized rubber adapters. With the proper size, they should stay in your ears all night. We have not encountered this problem during testing. To be sure, try sleeping with some standard ear buds for a couple of nights.

I would love to see a head phone plug in there though, so you can use your own or replace them in case they break. Attaching the buds straight to the device is not really smart IMHO
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Only I will remain.

universecannon
#5 Posted : 10/29/2013 8:10:11 PM

Moderator | Skills: harmalas, melatonin, trip advice, lucid dreaming

Lets just hope its better than that Remee crap. They basically just ripped everyone off on kickstarter and put out a cheap product that hardly ever works. They often completely ignore people with problems and have the worst customer service.

I've been waiting for a cheap device that actually detects REM for quite a while :]

I'll have to take a look at this

<Ringworm>hehehe, it's all fun and games till someone loses an "I"

universecannon
#6 Posted : 10/29/2013 8:25:34 PM

Infectedstyle wrote:

What would be even more cool is if we could communicate with this machine by means of electric signals! Hah, that way we could control our audio while in the dream without having to wake up at all, add some magnetic resonance technology and we can add a whole new dimension to our lucid dreams Neutral

Shocked Drool Cool

Vodsel
#7 Posted : 10/29/2013 9:41:00 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Senior Member | Skills: Filmmaking and Storytelling, Video and Audio Technology, Teaching, Gardening, Languages (Proficient Spanish, Catalan and English, and some french, italian and russian), Seafood cuisine

I've been considering getting soon a gadget. Most likely a Proteus, but a LD device would be sweet too. However, I'd be careful with this and wait to see some actual user reports.

So far they have quadruplicated their initial goal. Just to fill in preorders, they'll have to produce more than what they strictly needed, and that means the cost per unit will be cheaper, hence the unit market price should be cheaper too. If it does become cheaper and there's demand (and apparently, there is) then we'll be able to get one eventually for less money (or for the same money, with better features) with customer feedback already available.

And if they take the overhead as profit and keep the prices, then I wouldn't donate now. I'd wait to see how good the product is and then consider.

So I'd wait anyways. There's no chance that this will be discontinued if it does work better than other devices, as UC said.

universecannon
#8 Posted : 10/29/2013 11:44:40 PM

Yeah after observing what happened on the remee kickstarter i'm definitely waiting on this one

gilga_mesh
#9 Posted : 10/31/2013 7:40:39 PM

DMT-Nexus member

thanks for the input guys, I will definitely consider these points for my final
decision
I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
I will face my fear.
Only I will remain.

BoyPony
#10 Posted : 10/16/2014 6:44:45 AM

DMT-Nexus member

Hey Guys-
I've had success with the "Rem-Dreamer". http://remdreamer.com/

This sleep mask is $209 and senses REM and then cues you in your dream via lights and sound beeps.

The new model allows you to record your own message ie- "Joe! Your dreaming!" or whatever that will then play thru it's internal speaker OR a headphone jack.

As for what to plug in? Check out the "Bed-Phones". http://www.bedphones.com/

MADE for sleeping. they use padded super thin drivers w/o any earbuds jammed into your ear.
I took mine apart and made them a part of my Rem-Dreamer. Very nice setup.

As for state of the art? Not out yet but check out the Aurora.....https://iwinks.org/about/aurora It senses brain waves to detect proper point to trigger cues, tracks sleep patterns, plays sounds from your Iphone.. and theres NO MASK. Just a head mounted sensor with built in LEDS that shine down from your forehead onto your eyes to cue you.

Hope this helps-
-BP
Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

universecannon
#11 Posted : 10/16/2014 2:11:40 PM

Hey pony

Roughly how often does that rem-dreamer work for you?

BoyPony
#12 Posted : 10/16/2014 2:20:17 PM

DMT-Nexus member

If you put in the effort to practice with it I'd say 1/2 of the time!!
Any experiences I or SWIM mention have happened only in my nightly dreams.

John Smith
#13 Posted : 10/16/2014 5:34:51 PM

DMT-Nexus member

Why was the kickstarter cancelled ? They got almost 10 times the initial goal ...
INFORMATION
No input signal

Warrior
#14 Posted : 11/12/2014 6:37:20 PM

At Peace

John Smith wrote:
Why was the kickstarter cancelled ? They got almost 10 times the initial goal ...

They got outside funding:

https://www.kickstarter....ucid-dream-inducer/posts

Quote:
[...]
We understand that more than 2500 of you were looking forward to receiving your LUCI and were disappointed when we announced that we found funding elsewhere. That's why we wish to offer you the chance to receive your LUCI at the same date and for same price as we were offering on Kickstarter.
[...]

Seems like a bizarre choice to turn down money from crowdfunding in order to accept different conditions from an investor or group. They must have been bought by a competitor.

Ufostrahlen
#15 Posted : 11/12/2014 7:20:31 PM

xͭ͆͝͏̮͔̜t̟̬̦̣̟͉͈̞̝ͣͫ͞,̡̼̭̘̙̜ͧ̆̀̔ͮ́ͯͯt̢̘̬͓͕̬́ͪ̽́s̢̜̠̬̘͖̠͕ͫ͗̾͋͒̃͛̚͞ͅ

Headband earphones without earbuds:

http://www.sleepphones.com
http://www.sleepphones.eu
Internet Security: PsilocybeChild's Internet Security Walk-Through(1)(2)(3)(4)(5)(6)(7)(8)
Search the Nexus with disconnect.me (anonymous Google search) by adding "site:dmt-nexus.me" (w/o the ") to your search.